Will KC testify at trial?

• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see her taking the stand. She is a classic malignant narcissist and she thinks she is smarter than everyone and can make everyone believe her. Just look at the cajones the girl had to sit there with detectives and spoon them shovels full of hot steaming poo, with a straight face and with "conviction" all the while thinking she is so smart and she will never get caught in her web of lies. Think about the first jailhouse phone call when she told Kristina "nobody's f-ing listening to a thing I say" accusing the cops of not taking her "advice." Of course now we know, having heard the earlier interviews that day, she didn't give them anything at all to go on. That line "Oh because they couldn't find her [Zani] in a FLORIDA database...she's not just from Florida." I am quite confident that OCSO had national databases searched for ZFG within a very short period of time after it was told that was who "took" Caylee. I think she will be advised against it (taking the stand), but when she hears all the unsavory testimony from people who paint her for what she truly is, in all her [unusual] glory, she will be so "frushtrated" and not want the jury to "mishconshtrue" what people are saying and want to set the record straight for herself. We have all seen her brazen attitude in court, she acts like she owns the place. And short of lacing her beef jerky sticks with sedatives, Baez and Mason (et al) are going to have a real tough time controlling their "girl":twocents:

I could see her taking the stand. She is a classic malignant narcissist and she thinks she is smarter than everyone and can make everyone believe her. Just look at the cajones the girl had to sit there with detectives and spoon them shovels full of hot steaming poo, with a straight face and with "conviction" all the while thinking she is so smart and she will never get caught in her web of lies. Think about the first jailhouse phone call when she told Kristina "nobody's f-ing listening to a thing I say" accusing the cops of not taking her "advice." Of course now we know, having heard the earlier interviews that day, she didn't give them anything at all to go on. That line "Oh because they couldn't find her [Zani] in a FLORIDA database...she's not just from Florida." I am quite confident that OCSO had national databases searched for ZFG within a very short period of time after it was told that was who "took" Caylee. I think she will be advised against it (taking the stand), but when she hears all the unsavory testimony from people who paint her for what she truly is, in all her [unusual] glory, she will be so "frushtrated" and not want the jury to "mishconshtrue" what people are saying and want to set the record straight for herself. We have all seen her brazen attitude in court, she acts like she owns the place. And short of lacing her beef jerky sticks with sedatives, Baez and Mason (et al) are going to have a real tough time controlling their "girl":twocents:

Beginning at the 5:50 mark. He says ok.....like wait and see. Or that's the way I took it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MzJm-Crrok[/ame]

Sorry to quote myself but since I can no longer edit this, I wanted to say that I re-watched that portion of the show again. MN seemed adamant about Casey taking the stand, despite the others disagreeing. When Nancy said 'She'll never take the stand' Mark replied twice 'I bet she will.' And I think when he shrugged, he mouthed 'You wait.' So maybe he knows something the others don't? We shall soon find out!

If anyone should be able to make a good, educated guess, it would be Mark Nejame. He represented Cindy & George so he has a good feel for how they operate. I imagine he picked up a lot of hints about what makes Casey tick. He also knows these defense attorneys. So, I am gonna give his opinion a LOT of weight.

Maybe what he is trying to say is, "you guys are underestimating the gall of this girl and her family." I still don't think CM & JB would want her to take the stand, because no matter what anyone thinks about them, even they know that is suicidal.

Good lord have mercy. Just when I think no one could make a more stupid decision than has already been made a hundred times over... LDB will have a freakin' field day with her. omg... really...I cannot even fathom it.

Please disregard my post from Feb. on p. 4. I was coming from a place of logic then. I should have known better.

I think all police departments rely on the NCIC - National Crime Information Center, administered by the FBI.

From what I understand, when you're stopped by the police - let's say for speeding - they take you license and it's run through both the local agencies for outstanding warrants and valid license, and then through NCIC for the national database.

If there was a Zenada Fernandez Gonzalas who matched Casey's description, anywhere in the United States, it would have come up. So I'm sure the OCSO tapped into all databases when they searched for Zanny.

I think Casey is tempted to take the stand. A part of her wants to badly because she is so delusional and narcissistic that she cannot help herself.

But if she does, in my opinion, it will only be to tell a fabricated tale of accidental death.

She cannot dare tell the nanny myth again. And what else is left?

If anyone should be able to make a good, educated guess, it would be Mark Nejame. He represented Cindy & George so he has a good feel for how they operate. I imagine he picked up a lot of hints about what makes Casey tick. He also knows these defense attorneys. So, I am gonna give his opinion a LOT of weight.

Maybe what he is trying to say is, "you guys are underestimating the gall of this girl and her family." I still don't think CM & JB would want her to take the stand, because no matter what anyone thinks about them, even they know that is suicidal.

Good lord have mercy. Just when I think no one could make a more stupid decision than has already been made a hundred times over... LDB will have a freakin' field day with her. omg... really...I cannot even fathom it.

Please disregard my post from Feb. on p. 4. I was coming from a place of logic then. I should have known better.

Beach..............I voted that Casey would not take the stand and testify. Like you, my position is one of common sense and logic.

But in this case, there's been no common sense or logic coming from any member of the Anthony family. Mark Nejame's position as George and Cindy's attorney for a period of time puts him in a position to have a handle of what Casey or any of the other family members may or may not do. I would have faith in MN.

I've come to the conclusion that with this case, we can expect the unexpected. :)

The only reason I think she may take the stand is that she has a false sense of security due to the fact that her mother believes all of her stories and explanations and has proven it to her by covering for her. I believe that in Casey's mind Cindy is the Judge, Jury and Executioner so if Cindy believes her everyone else will and she will be set free. That is the only reason in "Casey Logic" I think she will take the stand.

I'm wondering about what Coach Cindy must be thinking about KC getting on the stand and testifying without the benefit of her mother's careful guidance and planting of the "facts" as she sees them. These two have been so co-dependent for so many years and have schemed and lied about so many critical life events, it just seems that Cindy would not want KC to be on the stand alone to answer the important questions without her. IMO

Yep, Mark N. sparked interest in this subject that, for me, was non-existent previously.

MN does plainly say ICA wil take the stand. He says, "I bet she will."

Wandering away from my own place of logic, I can see this happening with some big unveiling of ....what? She has to say something so big it'll explain why she lied, why she waited 31 days, why she didn't tell anybody, and how Caylee ended up in trash bags so close to the house. She'll have to answer to the lying to LE, dancing, tattooing, I'm lost, but I think this bus must be headed towards her parents.

Beach..............I voted that Casey would not take the stand and testify. Like you, my position is one of common sense and logic.

But in this case, there's been no common sense or logic coming from any member of the Anthony family. Mark Nejame's position as George and Cindy's attorney for a period of time puts him in a position to have a handle of what Casey or any of the other family members may or may not do. I would have faith in MN.

I've come to the conclusion that with this case, we can expect the unexpected. :)

Baez and Mason may very well be advising her they do not want her to take the stand but Casey may be insisting that she wants to.
I would assume the DT must plan for that.
When all else fails and as a last resort..it is possible Casey may take the stand.

I think Casey is tempted to take the stand. A part of her wants to badly because she is so delusional and narcissistic that she cannot help herself.

But if she does, in my opinion, it will only be to tell a fabricated tale of accidental death.

She cannot dare tell the nanny myth again. And what else is left?
BBM
I think ICA is chomping at the bit to get on the stand and tell a whole new story "that will make everyone understand"! She's had over 2 years to realize there is no way the 2 nanny stories will fly, the former alluded to SODDI suspects (JG, RK, etc.) won't fly and she doesn't want to fry! So, what's a girl to do?
I think LKB broke the ice with her statement that of course the nanny story was a lie. It's like setting the foundation for KC to get on the stand and say "yes everything I said was a lie-but there was a very good reason and I did not kill Caylee! Here's what really happened....."
begging-1.gif

It's the defenses Hail Mary pass at avoiding the DP!! They are stuck with trying to explain everything JBP has allowed and need to wrap it around some kind of story that the jury will find some small amount of sympathy that even though guilty they won't vote for the DP.
Even Geraldo (who loves JB) thinks "Yes, the State is surely right about the mother Casey Anthony’s guilt. She is probably the horrible, reckless, selfish *advertiser censored* who partied as her baby died as they allege."
http://onthescene.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/12/16/geraldo-on-caylee-anthony/
That was back in 2008-but he still hasn't changed his opinion of ICA or JB!! If you think about it-this way ICA gets her chance to talk (and ya know she loves to talk) and JB can say he did the best he could as her lawyer and go on with his dreams of becoming a celeb legal mind and CM can say "It was fun" and maybe get a ride on Geraldo's yacht!:crazy:

I just asked this on another site but am going to ask here too.
Wouldn't ICA have to be deposed by the SA before she would be allowed to testify?

BBM
I think ICA is chomping at the bit to get on the stand and tell a whole new story "that will make everyone understand"! She's had over 2 years to realize there is no way the 2 nanny stories will fly, the former alluded to SODDI suspects (JG, RK, etc.) won't fly and she doesn't want to fry! So, what's a girl to do?
I think LKB broke the ice with her statement that of course the nanny story was a lie. It's like setting the foundation for KC to get on the stand and say "yes everything I said was a lie-but there was a very good reason and I did not kill Caylee! Here's what really happened....."
begging-1.gif

It's the defenses Hail Mary pass at avoiding the DP!! They are stuck with trying to explain everything JBP has allowed and need to wrap it around some kind of story that the jury will find some small amount of sympathy that even though guilty they won't vote for the DP.
Even Geraldo (who loves JB) thinks "Yes, the State is surely right about the mother Casey Anthony’s guilt. She is probably the horrible, reckless, selfish *advertiser censored* who partied as her baby died as they allege."
http://onthescene.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/12/16/geraldo-on-caylee-anthony/
That was back in 2008-but he still hasn't changed his opinion of ICA or JB!! If you think about it-this way ICA gets her chance to talk (and ya know she loves to talk) and JB can say he did the best he could as her lawyer and go on with his dreams of becoming a celeb legal mind and CM can say "It was fun" and maybe get a ride on Geraldo's yacht!:crazy:

I have thought a similar thing. I have wondered if Baez will just put her on the stand, let things implode. And then he can say that he had no choice, the suspect has the right to take the stand, even against his advice. So, not his fault, what time does the boat dock...

Wouldn't ICA have to be deposed by the SA before she would be allowed to testify?

I don't think so. Not if she is the one who is on trial. They will get the chance to 'depose her' live on the stand if she testifies. Which is exactly why most don't choose to do so. They will tear her apart.

I have thought a similar thing. I have wondered if Baez will just put her on the stand, let things implode. And then he can say that he had no choice, the suspect has the right to take the stand, even against his advice. So, not his fault, what time does the boat dock...
YOU READ MY MIND!!!:seeya:

I can almost see JA and LDB to JB - "Go ahead, put her on the stand, we double dog dare ya!"

:giggle:

No, a defendant has the right to not be deposed.

In the end, it is solely her choice whether or not to take the stand. Her attorneys can advise her what they think is in her best interest, but if she is bound and determined to do the opposite, she has that right.

Often the decision whether or not a defendant chooses to testify is made very late...after the State has presented their case-in-chief. Sometimes even after the defense has called their expert and lay witnesses.

I can almost see JA and LDB to JB - "Go ahead, put her on the stand, we double dog dare ya!"

:giggle:

And then they will flip a coin to see who will question her...:floorlaugh:

but my bets are IF Casey does take the stand it will be LDB who will question her.

I doubt she will take the stand, but I think her restless vanity, and her sneering, arrogant fabulism that ignores the fact she is the defendant in a horrible, capital murder case and instead has her apparently fantasising that she is an integral part of a winning legal team, and her cruel boredom with anyone else's suffering coupled with her heartfelt emotion for herself, and her written, texted, blogged, taped and tattooed words will testify, and testify very devastatingly.

So true. She acts like she is filming a movie or something. She seems so off base and out of touch with reality. Yep, it's all about her. Can't wait to see the look on her face when she realizes that THIS ISN'T A MOVIE!!!!! :loser:

Ok the new ICA story will be that Tone was involved in the sale of drugs at Fusion. Caylee was kidnapped by the Drug Lords. ICA had to party and keep an eye on other drug dealers that were horning in on business. They promised ICA they would release Caylee if she cooperated...but her damn mom butted in, cops got involved and poor Caylee was murdered by the drug lords. Crazy I know but the Zanny the Nanny story went bust.

I am of a mind that all the writing she has done so far, on her little magic tablet and colored pens is all the stuff she wants to take to the witness box for when she testifies. In her mind, she is going to be brilliant in answering to all the charges, all the accusations, and all the comments that everyone else makes that are "wrong" in her opinion.

<<<sarcasm alert>>>>She is going to follow in dad's footsteps and take her paper sheafs and respond with "deadly accuracy" and shoot down all the prosecutions stupid questions by dazzling with her intelligence, and exlpain it all away.<<<done now>>>>

she has all the time in the world to write down testimony, go over and over it in her cell , and figure out how to put it all together in a plausible, rehearsed story, and her DT is being primed to lead her through the steps as she directs them.

This is all her game, she's the leader and they can only play by her rules ... she's the one, as JB keeps reminding us who has to do the punishment, so its up to her to say where she wants this to go.

Do I think she can pull it off... not a showballs chance in a very hot place ...
but I do think that is why JB and team continue to have such a poor showing so far.. they are following princesses directives. They look like fools doing it, but hey, that's what she paid them for. They are just delivering what she asked for.

and honestly , if MN thinks she is going to testify, she probably will... and that is where I think all the writing is coming from. She's already trying to fit it all together for her big day.

I agree 100%!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member