Will KC testify at trial?

• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if the defense is expecting to rest tomorrow, no. Unless she's the only witness.

I'm leaning toward saying she will for 2 reasons. 1. She seems to have been "preparing" something all day, like studying, reviewing, etc. Could be she is listing how she wants to present her lies. 2. She is such a narcissistic drama queen, I bet she thinks she can beat this, and everyone will believe anything she says, because she is so smart, and such a "good Liar". I would not be surprized at all to see her on the stand.

the defense did not say they were resting tomorrow. they said they felt they could. yesterday they said they had 6 witness. KH/RC would be the 6th. they prolly dont think she will take all day. that may explain it, or not.

ETA what I mean is, JB might finish his direct of ICA...IF she takes the stand....but cross wont be completed of course...he is disingenuous, we already know this.

I haven't seen all the video footage...and didnt get a chance to see any today...need to catch up...but if I was a betting man...I would have to say in her mind she feels she has no other choice than too take the stand and tell her side of the story...I believe what we witnessed earlier on in this trial...CA taking the stand with the tears ...really upset...it touched most of us...including the jury...(but notice how we all felt after a few days later when she testifed that she was searching for chloroform to help the DT)...anyway ...I would imagine KC feels she can give a similar act...if not better than mom...I would imagine we will see the act of the century...JMNO

the defense did not say they were resting tomorrow. they said they felt they could. yesterday they said they had 6 witness. KH/RC would be the 6th. they prolly dont think she will take all day. that may explain it, or not.

ETA what I mean is, JB might finish his direct of ICA...IF she takes the stand....but cross wont be completed of course...he is disingenuous, we already know this.
I mean, we will find out soon enough.

Like I said before, I'd love to see it as much as everyone else, but I'm just trying to be realistic. I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that Casey will take the stand, tomorrow or anytime during this case, based on the reasons stated in my previous posts in this thread. I don't think it is impossible, I just think it is extremely improbable. Most of the theories that she will take the stand seem to be based on armchair analysis of what she is currently thinking. Not that that type of speculation isn't fun, I just don't think it is a very solid basis for predictive analysis, because, well, who knows what the heck this maniac is thinking?

I'd be happy to eat my words.

Casey will testify only if she wants to finish this suicide mission that the DT has been on.

I can see her saying to JB, "Well, you totally aren't helping me. So far, this thing has been a huge waste. I will testify. Everyone will listen to me speak."

After sentencing if/when JP asks Casey if she has any final statements, can't you hear her saying something like "This trial, you jurors, you "experts", judge, all a total waste. Mom, dad, Lee, total waste!"

I'm leaning toward saying she will for 2 reasons. 1. She seems to have been "preparing" something all day, like studying, reviewing, etc. Could be she is listing how she wants to present her lies. 2. She is such a narcissistic drama queen, I bet she thinks she can beat this, and everyone will believe anything she says, because she is so smart, and such a "good Liar". I would not be surprized at all to see her on the stand.

Same thing Bill Schaefer said about her (he said *if* she testifies, she'll go up there thinking everyone will 100% believe her and that she can out-smart everyone.:floorlaugh:

I mean, we will find out soon enough.

Like I said before, I'd love to see it as much as everyone else, but I'm just trying to be realistic. I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that Casey will take the stand, tomorrow or anytime during this case, based on the reasons stated in my previous posts in this thread. I don't think it is impossible, I just think it is extremely improbable. Most of the theories that she will take the stand seem to be based on armchair analysis of what she is currently thinking. Not that that type of speculation isn't fun, I just don't think it is a very solid basis for predictive analysis, because, well, who knows what the heck this maniac is thinking?

I'd be happy to eat my words.

I agree with you actually. I thought all along she'd take the stand til JB said that. now I think she wont.

Casey can't testify. Ashton will eat her for lunch. My gut says that the Prosecution does not want her to testify. Why? Even though she has no obligation to take the stand in her defense, and the jury is told not to hold it against her if she does not, we are all human and it will make her look guilty. If you were innocent wouldn't you be screaming it from the rooftops? Besides, better not to risk the jury "buying" into her tears adn feeling sorry for her.

Oh I so agree with you, you have to listen to what Baez says, because he never says what he really means.

I think ICA has weighed up the odds and I don't for one minute think she wants to be on death row, even if she knows the decision will be reversed - she will still have to be there until if/when it is and there is no way it is like the little holiday home she has been in for the last 3 years.

I'm not saying that she will definitely be on death row but I bet she won't take the gamble without wanting to speak up at her trial.

Two years ago, I posted that I wondered if she would take the stand primarily because she is such a narcissist, and also if she would try to represent herself like Ted Bundy did.

I don't think the DT has made a decision yet. I think they will wait and see if any of their remaining witnesses make a dent in the states case. They probably won't though so they might use her as a Hail Mary.

Also, I think that once the judge asks her personally she will impulsively decide to go for it. imoo

After today, the DT really needs a Hail Mary pass... IMO she will testify. ICA's a "take action" kinda gal-- when the guilty verdict comes in, she won't want to spend the rest of her life wondering "what if?"
MOO

After today, the DT really needs a Hail Mary pass... IMO she will testify. ICA's a "take action" kinda gal-- when the guilty verdict comes in, she won't want to spend the rest of her life wondering "what if?"
MOO

I posted when the trial started it might be:

a last ditch effort by the DT.

They are wrapping up tomorrow, so definitely no Casey.
Oh, thank you. I can't bear any more non-evidence. :banghead:

I'm sure the jury is wondering when that very important gap in the defense case will be filled in by the DT, as am I. That is: How did Caylee's body get from GA's arms to the swamp? It appears the DT danced around it, and now they've fallen into the pit.

GUILTY, MURDER ONE.

Casey will testify only if she wants to finish this suicide mission that the DT has been on.
But at this point, what does she have to lose?

I'm thinking that KC doesn't understand how a real defense should go, she's not a trial buff. I think she thinks they've got it nailed. No, I don't think she will take the stand. I'd sure like to be wrong. :maddening:
Dang, KC is so weird, it's hard to say what she'll do, but if the DT is winding up tomorrow, I don't think they're putting her on the stand. Given, it will take a couple of days for the prosecution to rip her testimony to shreds, the sheer volume of evidence demands that.

I admit I'm a little stunned she's not going to testify, of course she still could... She really does believe no one can tell a story like she can. mo

With prosecution having the next round of questioning, and the last word in the trial, I believe ICA MUST take the stand if she wants to get out of 1st degree murder. I know that it would be hard for her to create "reasonable doubt", but without her limited testimony, she can't weaken the prosecutions next round, or last word.

With this defense strategy ineffectively adding doubt, the jurors are likely sitting at 2nd degree murder as a guarantee. The prosecution will be able to take the jury up to the next notch with their clear and concise explanation.

If ICA takes the stand, and Baez effectively limiting the scope, she can add doubts. JB can ask, "Did you murder your daughter?" and "Did you place the duct tape on her mouth?" and sit down. ASA can then ask a limited number of questions that ICA can answer for herself. If JB leaves out all timelines (which he is really good at forgetting), then ICA can do what she used to do best. Convince people (I'm careful to not say LIE). Even Hitler and Dahlmer were at one time convincing speakers.

So, JB limits the scope, JA asks when the tape was placed, and her self defense becomes her best chance of all. No other questions about the kidnapping lies, or the mode of death will come out than ICA can handle on her own.

With her testimony, she gets the best chance she has ever had. Now, someone please explain to JB how to not open the door for a Mack Truck.

She has a lot to lose. If she testifies, anything she says on the stand stands in the record. If she were to be convicted without testifying and there was some kind of overturn on appeal, she could possibly get a whole new trial and come up with a whole new story. Otherwise, she'll have to continue to stick to what 'she said on the record. The way this trial has gone ineffective council seems a like a real possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak