Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I didn't see Dateline. It would make me too angry and I'd end up in the hospital! :sick:

In fact, the more I think about it the angrier I get. I don't want that b*tch to profit off this and really I don't want taxpayers to have to take care of those kids. I know it's not their fault, but I don't want to take care of them! I want Nadya to GET A JOB and for her parents to find a way to help pay for it. I want the IVF doctor to pay for some of it. I want the donor dad to pay for some of it too since he let her have those embryos and didn't go to court to get custody of them. So there!
Yup! Especially since I'm a Californian, I'll be supporting her children that "aren't on welfare"!!! :razz:Hope CPS steps in really soon!

She was already receiving $500/mo in food stamps, and two or her other children are receiving disablity payments. I'll look for link.

She was already receiving $500/mo in food stamps, and two or her other children are receiving disablity payments. I'll look for link.

Yes, right at $500... and $600 a piece in SSI from the kids is how she put it on Dateline.

Yes, right at $500... and $600 a piece in SSI from the kids is how she put it on Dateline.

Actually, it was THREE children on SSI, one autistic, one ADHD and the third with a speech problem and mild autistic traits.....

So that is $1800/month PLUS the $500 in food stamps, plus her disability payments

I suppose it doesn't really matter. But, if she was saving up so much for IVF and knew as early as she did about her tubal complications, why didn't she try IVF with her husband that she was married to for 7 years? She claims that she tried with IUI when she was married to him and apparently had no results or there may have been one of the miscarriages at that time. It sounds to me like maybe there were some male infertility factors there too. Honestly, it looks like she dumped him for that reason and just went right back as soon as possible to using her sperm donor "friend".

The name of the generous "donor" is supposedly David Solomon. I find it odd that his name is so similar to Suleman. Has anyone any information that this guy actually exists? Well, I know there must be some guy, but is his name really DS?
Update:
http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=9827154

The children's' granddad also said that "David Solomon" - the name listed on the babies' birth certificates - is not their father. In fact, Nadya made it up, he said... "She wouldn't put the true name on there because then he [the donor] wouldn't be protected or anonymous," he said. "At some point in the future, if he wants to be a part of the children's lives, I am sure she would let him."

Under California law, the father must sign a form to have his name on the birth certificate. But Edward Suleman contends the document was falsified. The California attorney general said falsifying a birth certificate is a felony punishable by a maximum of three years in jail.

Actually, it was THREE children on SSI, one autistic, one ADHD and the third with a speech problem and mild autistic traits.....

So that is $1800/month PLUS the $500 in food stamps, plus her disability payments

From the NBC dateline slide show: Nadya says her twins, Caleb and Calyssa, are also disabled. "One of my children was tested as ADHD. The other child was experiencing mild speech delay. And maybe tiny characteristics of autism as well."

Someone please tell me how often TWO year olds are diagnosed with ADHD? I'm scratching my head here, but I have NEVER heard of a 2 yr old being DX'd with ADHD. A 2 yr old with mild speech delays? A 2 yr old with ADHD and a 2 yr old with mild speech delays are considered disabled? How many 2 year olds have speech delays? My own son had some speech delays and he went to Easter Seals for speech therapy, at 6 he is still getting ST through the school district. I would never have thought of him as disabled, nor would it ever have crossed my mind to get disability for him for a minor speech delay.

Me thinks this momma knows how to work the system and is doing so. I want to know what doctors DX 2 yr olds with ADHD?

grrrrr!

OK.....deeeep breath. I am trying sooo hard not to totally lose it here. I was at work last night when Dateline was on, and my husband refused to tape it for me (lol) because he knows the TV would have been smashed beyond repair at my hands. I see it is possible for me to watch it online, and now I'm really torn about viewing it. I know I must sound like a broken record now, so please forgive me, but my daughter (from my IVF) has a Mommy and Daddy who work different work shifts to not only pay the bills (including IVF bills) but to accomodate her school schedule so that one of us is always here for her!! No Nannies in my little house, no welfare, no food stamps, no benefits.........just a Mommy and a Daddy who love their girl to the moon and back six times over and who believe that children are a gift from God. I am not going to watch the Dateline piece right now.......I don't want the ugly thoughts to invade my head once more. Seeing the clips on TV was bad enough......I just want to take my crochet needle and POP those flippin' fish lips of hers!!!

Sorry for the rant (again). I am really praying for those kids. Someone needs to put their interests first......because their mom sure isn't doing it.

Rain, don't apoligize for your rant. You of all people are intitled to vent when you compare your situation with this woman being so selfish and irresponsible.
I have never had problems with fertility. So I've never been in that club and probably don't undertand what people go through to become parents. My two are grown with kids of their own now. I do all I can to spoil the life out of them and teach them naughty stuff to get back at my kids. LOL
But, I too, an furious with this woman.
She gave absolutely no planning or thought to the amount of money, resources and time it would take to care for that many children.
She put all of the eight at risk. Disabilities can be common among multiple births. I hope that isn't the case.
This woman has put the rest of us in a terrible situation; we argue in our minds how we don't want her to profit from her deed but yet none of us want to see these children, the eight newborns and six at home, to suffer from the lack of support. That's a terrible tug of war for all of us to be in.
Even with all the money in the world, she can never give them the life you have given your daughter, because she has no compassion and no common sense. These children will never know a peacful moment, they will be living in a atmosphere that will constantly be in flux. They will probably never know the closeness of their mother - there just aren't enough minutes in a day for her to spread herself evenly among that many children.
Put away those needles and just hug your little one. And, don't watch that Dateline interview.

Yup! Especially since I'm a Californian, I'll be supporting her children that "aren't on welfare"!!! :razz:Hope CPS steps in really soon!

Okay LinasK, since you live in the Golden Gate State, are you familiar with the laws for CPS? Do you think there will be a likely chance CPS will look at this case and possibly take action?

This guy is another nut and they are feeding each other. IMO, the lights are coming on. I wonder if she even has blocked tubes or if she has any kind of infertility issues at all.

She clearly has nothing wrong with her ovaries or uterus unlike the vast majority of IVF patients.

It must be said that at least 60% of IVF cycles nothing implants, and half of couples who attempt the procedure walk away without a child. (We were fortunate to adopt after 4 failed IVFs and about 10 years of trying.)

The mom's parents seem to be throwing her over the side- the mother has been very critical, and the dad has very helpfully pointed out that the name Nadya put on the birth certificatessssssss is not actually that of the donor. Apparently putting a false name on the bc is a felony in the state of California.

The name of the generous "donor" is supposedly David Solomon. I find it odd that his name is so similar to Suleman. Has anyone any information that this guy actually exists? Well, I know there must be some guy, but is his name really DS?
Update:

The children's' granddad also said that "David Solomon" - the name listed on the babies' birth certificates - is not their father. In fact, Nadya made it up, he said... "She wouldn't put the true name on there because then he [the donor] wouldn't be protected or anonymous," he said. "At some point in the future, if he wants to be a part of the children's lives, I am sure she would let him."

Under California law, the father must sign a form to have his name on the birth certificate. But Edward Suleman contends the document was falsified. The California attorney general said falsifying a birth certificate is a felony punishable by a maximum of three years in jail.

Even stranger that David was the son of Solomon in the bible.... Book of Kings I think it was... interesting she came up with this combo for a make believe birth dad name.

The mom's parents seem to be throwing her over the side- the mother has been very critical, and the dad has very helpfully pointed out that the name Nadya put on the birth certificatessssssss is not actually that of the donor. Apparently putting a false name on the bc is a felony in the state of California.

A single mother can not put a false name on a BC. A father either has to sign a BC at the hospital with others as a witness, or must sign a VOP or voluntary acknowledgement of paternity- which is filed with the state and must have TWO witness signatures. The question is who filled out the false paperwork.

Also, it is my understanding a never married single mother CAN NOT get government assistance other than WIC and Food stamps without naming the father so the state can collect from the father and not foot the mothers bills.

I'm real curious how this 'sperm donor' is going to remain anonymous and not have any liability for these 14 childrens financial support.

ETA: sometimes a mother will claim she doesn't know... or will name anonymous guys which the state will go after and DNA will prove they are not the father.... I just don't know how one who donated sperm can remain anonymous. After all, wouldn't the clinic have his name, and the courts can order his name be given and over ride Hippa.... I think.

Update:

Early on it was reported that she put that same name on every BC but different birthdates and identifying information on him. We speculated that he was a made up or composite person.

This lady is becoming a symbol for everything that is wrong here in CA. Our state is tanking, our cupboards are bare and they are voting on one of the biggest tax hikes in our history this week. Hopefully it will fail but if not we will have our income, gas,and car taxes raised to unprecedented amounts.
This woman personifies a big part of our problem.

Wasn't it reported that her infertility dr came up with a way of "stitching" embryos into the uterine lining? That has me thinking that Dr FrankenFertile knew he had a willing test subject because Nadya was obsessed with having babies. Maybe his incentive was to offer up payment and monies for the plastic surgery. I know what I am saying kind of all sounds far-fetched, but being as horribly screwed up as this case is: anything is a possibility.
a couple of us totally agree with you. we believe that they were using each other. She got to feed her obsession while he got to boost his "absurdly low" success rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaehj