Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article he was questioned about the knot that was used in her binding. 28 years and he doesn't know how to tie that knot? I don't know what the credibility of that is, but that seemed very odd to me. It would seem more innocent if he did admit to knowing how to tie it, given the length of time he served in that profession...

Hello everyone. I was at the trial all morning and will go back after lunch. I will do my best to give you my off the cuff reactions.

It doesn’t appear that Greer will be able to show the mannequin hanging in the courtroom because of lack of foundation meaning Adam had not testified as to what specifically he saw when she was hanging that morning. The judge so far has said it would be prejudicial though maybe he can still get it in I hope.

Adam is pretty strange overall. With his first question answering his age and other basic questions he said something to the effect that “all my answers are going to be easy”. He seems to be very off the cuff and not very filtered.

With that being said, though, it appears to me he has been well rehearsed in his answers. More on that later.

The surprise I guess to everyone was Greer was questioning him on his relationships and that he has a girlfriend, MB of some 20 years. when Greer questioned him if she is really his girlfriend, he pointed to Mary in the observers where I was and asked her directly &#8220;Are you my girlfriend? &#8220; and she answered yes. At that point because she was not on the witness list she was asked to leave. <modsnip>

Prior to the court being in session, there were arguments by defense about not allowing the masturbation but Greer I believe prevaled because it was then discussed later.

Those are my highlights quickly and duringthe playing of Adam&#8217;s 911 call I saw one juror in tears. This is on my ipad so a bit rough but hopefully it gives an idea.

I think it went okay.

Thank you, Tricia! I'm off to listen.

I just re-read the Town and Country article by Sean Elder, here:

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...6/shaknai-deaths-mystery-coronado-california/

I am having a
e010.gif
WTF moment. How did I miss this?

>>>snip

&#8220;Nobody talks about Max,&#8221; says Nina Romano, &#8220;but if he hadn&#8217;t died, maybe Rebecca would be alive.&#8221;

<<<snip

c035.gif

Hello everyone. I was at the trial all morning and will go back after lunch. I will do my best to give you my off the cuff reactions.

It doesn&#8217;t appear that Greer will be able to show the mannequin hanging in the courtroom because of lack of foundation meaning Adam had not testified as to what specifically he saw when she was hanging that morning. The judge so far has said it would be prejudicial though maybe he can still get it in I hope.

Adam is pretty strange overall. With his first question answering his age and other basic questions he said something to the effect that &#8220;all my answers are going to be easy&#8221;. He seems to be very off the cuff and not very filtered.

With that being said, though, it appears to me he has been well rehearsed in his answers. More on that later.

The surprise I guess to everyone was Greer was questioning him on his relationships and that he has a girlfriend, MB of some 20 years. when Greer questioned him if she is really his girlfriend, he pointed to M in the observers where I was and asked her directly &#8220;Are you my girlfriend? &#8220; and she answered yes. At that point because she was not on the witness list she was asked to leave. <modsnip>

Prior to the court being in session, there were arguments by defense about not allowing the masturbation but Greer I believe prevaled because it was then discussed later.

Those are my highlights quickly and duringthe playing of Adam&#8217;s 911 call I saw one juror in tears. This is on my ipad so a bit rough but hopefully it gives an idea.

I think it went okay.

((((justice be served))) :grouphug: Thank you for going, for being there for Rebecca.

What a bunch of bull...IMO

>>>snip

Adam Shacknai testified about working on the Mississippi River for over 28 years as a dock hand and tug boat pilot. His lawyer inquired about the types of knots he is familiar with, specifically a "clove hitch knot," "ring hitch knot," "cow hitch knot" and "lark's head knot," all of which Adam said he could not tie and did not use in his job.

From a random website outlining the responsibilities of a Dock Hand.

Dock Hand Job

POSITION REQUIREMENTS

Line handling skills including ability to tie various knots, toss, and cleat lines.
Unlimited or unimpaired ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb and work safely around water, on a ladder or in confined spaces.
Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
Ability to use a PC and radio.
Skilled in the use of a golf cart or other motorized vehicle.
Faculty to operate small hand held and power tools.
Ability to read, write and comprehend work orders

https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq....&SearchScreenID=6591&CountryID=3&LanguageID=2

I'm wondering why his girlfriend had to be on the witness list to be allowed in there.

I've got no livestream and the screen has gone to black. Wonder what that means?

I'm wondering why his girlfriend had to be on the witness list to be allowed in there.

"Spectators" are not required to be on witness list. Adam re-categorized the girl friend from spectator to witness when he brought her into his testimony by personally questioning her directly from the witness chair! Also, witnesses typically are not allowed to sit in courtroom until AFTER they testify.

I've got no livestream and the screen has gone to black. Wonder what that means?

The judge ordered an afternoon break until 2:35. Coverage will resume then.

"Spectators" are not required to be on witness list. Adam re-categorized the girl friend from spectator to witness when he brought her into his testimony by personally questioning her directly from the witness chair! Also, witnesses typically are not allowed to sit in courtroom until AFTER they testify.
Ah, got it. :)

What a bunch of bull...IMO

>>>snip

Adam Shacknai testified about working on the Mississippi River for over 28 years as a dock hand and tug boat pilot. His lawyer inquired about the types of knots he is familiar with, specifically a "clove hitch knot," "ring hitch knot," "cow hitch knot" and "lark's head knot," all of which Adam said he could not tie and did not use in his job.

From a random website outlining the responsibilities of a Dock Hand.

Dock Hand Job

POSITION REQUIREMENTS

Line handling skills including ability to tie various knots, toss, and cleat lines.
Unlimited or unimpaired ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb and work safely around water, on a ladder or in confined spaces.
Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
Ability to use a PC and radio.
Skilled in the use of a golf cart or other motorized vehicle.
Faculty to operate small hand held and power tools.
Ability to read, write and comprehend work orders

https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq....&SearchScreenID=6591&CountryID=3&LanguageID=2

But Rebecca knows them because she randomly tied Jonah's boat to the dock a time or two (they claim). Suuuuuuuure! I mean, does that not make their side of the story all that more unbelievable?? Smdh.

Oooopps! Isn't that bizarre? The witness starts questioning those in the courtroom? Who does that? Oh man. <modsnip> Really? What's the deal there? What a strange character Adam is.

But Rebecca knows them because she randomly tied Jonah's boat to the dock a time or two (they claim). Suuuuuuuure! I mean, does that not make their side of the story all that more unbelievable?? Smdh.

That was my immediate thought as well. Adam has no idea how to tie knots after 3 decades in a job that requires knot tying, yet Rebecca, supposedly emotionally overwhelmed with guilt/grief/payback to JS (pick one), gets a voicemail and within a matter of minutes whips those ropes into complicated knots and dives off the balcony. GMAB.

Oooopps! Isn't that bizarre? The witness starts questioning those in the courtroom? Who does that? Oh man. <modsnip>Really? What's the deal there? What a strange character Adam is.

My guess is that little intro was planned before today. My guess is the defense wanted the jury to see his girlfriend in the flesh to "humanize" him, and so he was directed to take any opportunity to give her a shout out from the witness stand.

Hmmm.....according to these sites the clove hitch is pretty much a required knot to be a tugboat captain. Looking into the massive experience and maritime education required to become a captain is pretty extensive.

http://tugboatsonline.com/deck/knots/makingknots.htm

https://careertrend.com/how-2107306-become-tugboat-captain.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...-to-knots-hitches-and-linehandling-techniques

I don’t know how any juror can believe him saying he doesn’t know these knots! It’s crazy for him to say and makes himself look like a liar.

Also, it blows my mind that he says that he doesn’t remember how far from the ground she was hanging from! And that he originally said to police that he loosened her hands and today says he didn’t—which is hard to believe because what’s the point of her tying her own hands together to prevent herself from stopping the “suicide” if her hands were so loose?!?! He had to have loosened them!

I don't have a link, Tortoise, so can take it as hearsay. It was one song being played over and over: "This is the End" by the Doors. Remember the white candle that was under the round wooden table in the courtyard along side Rebecca's discarted body that obviously was not taken into evidence and checked for finger prints? IMO the murderer(s) used the candle light to be able to see what was being done in the dark of night without the neighbors seeing...

Song posting "This is the End" by the Doors was nothing more than snarky/trash posting on the Patch way back when and completely untrue! I recall a poster taking credit for it and condemning the gullible....

Song posting "This is the End" by the Doors was nothing more than snarky/trash posting on the Patch way back when and completely untrue! I recall a poster taking credit for it and condemning the gullible....

Oh, good. I wondered because I only saw a few notes about loud music and hadn't seen anything else that specific. If it was that song playing over and over, well... the would be quite a bit more damning than just unknown loud music!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist