WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the off topic. Do you know of any close campgrounds around there. The only ones I know are like 20 miles away like Bee Run, Gerald R Freeman and Holly Gray. I am trying to get a group of us together to go tomorrow and just stay up there. If I lived closer I would search daily.That 200 some mile round trip is harder on me than the actual searching. I stayed home with an earache today though.

I actually called the campgrounds I listed and am waiting for a call back to see if we can get a reduced rate for a group.

There's Whisper Mountain by the Roanoke exit off I-79, Broken Wheel and the Stonewall Jackson Resort. There are some cabins close to the lake by the Marathon station, Hillbilly Haven I think is the name of them, don't know if they have campground.

September 24th in Weston when Aliayah went missing ... no significance other than to show the progression of light through the key hours of 6:30am to 11:30am (and goofing around with some software while waiting for some news):

What a great tool, good to know about the light. The probablility of a child wandering out about 10-ish is believeable. 6:30? Not at all.

Elepher50, may I ad your pics as well?

One of the people that live there says there is crime scene tape up where they are draining the pond. Also that there was some type of evidence found there.

Baby girl I hope you are not in that pond, Still hoping that maybe one of bio dads family had something to do with her missing - at least she might be alive if taken by someone that wants the baby.

That pic of her with the Doritos reminds me of my 2 year old grandson when he's getting away with something.

Oh Lord.

Thank You and so true! She looks like she just snatched the Doritos off the table.. LOL

I beginning to wonder if she even needed gas?? I hope the police looked into how much gas there was in the van vs. how much gas was borrowed. ie...if the tank was half full but the person only borrowed a small amount of gas to her, obviously the van wasn't empty.

Exactly! If there is any evidence to be found, I bet that would be a big piece.

There's Whisper Mountain by the Roanoke exit off I-79, Broken Wheel and the Stonewall Jackson Resort. There are some cabins close to the lake by the Marathon station, Hillbilly Haven I think is the name of them, don't know if they have campground.

TYVM I will call them. Hillbilly Haven sounds right up my alley. Will have to do campground and not the cabins though.

I am really hoping they find her alive and well and I won't have to come back up till summer time and camp. its so pretty there and i love meeting new people.

I'm real curious if mom mentioned to the person she borrowed the gas from, that Aliayah was missing. One would think she would have been panic stricken and out of her mind with worry. I'm just real curious what her demeanor was at that time.

Local Church Helping With Search For Aliayah Lunsford
http://www.wajr.com/includes/news_items/1/news_items_more.php?id=12361&section_id=1
We're keeping the church open serving food," said Pastor Maryanne Connoley with Bendale United Methodist Church. "We start at eight in the morning and don't stop until eight or nine at night. the food has all been donated."

There was so much food and drinks yesterday. Shows a great community to have all that donated and prepared ect.

I have been reading since the beginning and I just can't get my mind around this....the mother got up from bed at 6:30 and saw the child in bed.....got her hubby off to work...but by 9:30 the child was gone? So mom was awake and moving about the house the whole time...and the sick baby gets gone undetected?

Sorry....that just can't be so....I can't accept that. No..I can't.

What a great tool, good to know about the light. The probablility of a child wandering out about 10-ish is believeable. 6:30? Not at all.

Elepher50, may I ad your pics as well?

Any pictures on any case that I have are automatically yours for the case file friend - love what you do.

What I am wondering is when the older child allegedly saw her at 6:30, was she "asleep" or did she interact with her? Before mom moved the older child to her room.

I have been reading since the beginning and I just can't get my mind around this....the mother got up from bed at 6:30 and saw the child in bed.....got her hubby off to work...but by 9:30 the child was gone? So mom was awake and moving about the house the whole time...and the sick baby gets gone undetected?

Sorry....that just can't be so....I can't accept that. No..I can't.

One thing that has crossed my mind is that mom wanted to see if sd had Aliayah and that's why she hopped in the car? I don't think there is a MSM article that provides her route...just trying to see all possibilities...and really sitting on my hands for the most part..:innocent:

http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=108621
BENDALE -- UPDATE Wednesday Sept. 28 6:05 p.m. Almost five days later and the Lunsford home in Lewis County is now a crime scene.

The home in which Aliayah Lunsford, 3, lived is where her mother said she was last seen wearing her purple pajamas.
FBI agents collected evidence all day Wednesday from the Lunsford home and volunteer crews led by officials re-canvassed the area.

The Morgantown dive team also searched through the West Fork River, which divers said is 4 to 6 feet deep, but only has 3 to 18 inches of visibility. Officials said they are trying to get as much equipment as they can to find Aliayah.
"High tech equipment, sonar, the corps of engineers has brough a ROV. It has a camera on it for searching underwater," Sperringer said.
And even though officials even drained a nearby pond, and still consider the mission a "rescue," there's still no sign of the girl. And the community is left to pray.

---
But some question if [the residence] should've been turned into a crime scene much earlier and if police missed out on crucial evidence. The FBI, which took over the investigation Wednesday, doesn't think so.

"You can Monday morning quarterback almost any effort, but I would not make that statement," Special Agent John Hambrick said.

"It's overwhelming for a department. There are a lot of things that need to be done since she hasn't been located," said Lt. Harold Sperringer of the Morgantown Police.
---
http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=108621

6:38 p.m. EST WBOY update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads