WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this would be a very difficult town to search.My hubbys mother,and sister lived on court st.the houses were so close together.You could not even park between them.They have basements,and cellars.So many places a child could slip into..Other relatives just bought a house one street over last year,it was a 5000 sf old Victorian.They had a cellar,a basement,a coal room with a chute from the outside,a boiler room,a cistern.Things I had never seen.While Beth was cleaning the back yard she discovered a filled in well,barely sticking out of the ground.Anyone could have stumbled in it,and it held 3 feet of water.There is just so many places a small child could have been !!!

And none of those could be seen while driving around for 2 hrs. in a van.....just saying

I think this would be a very difficult town to search.My hubbys mother,and sister lived on court st.the houses were so close together.You could not even park between them.They have basements,and cellars.So many places a child could slip into..Other relatives just bought a house one street over last year,it was a 5000 sf old Victorian.They had a cellar,a basement,a coal room with a chute from the outside,a boiler room,a cistern.Things I had never seen.While Beth was cleaning the back yard she discovered a filled in well,barely sticking out of the ground.Anyone could have stumbled in it,and it held 3 feet of water.There is just so many places a small child could have been !!!

THE RING!!!!
You guys are freaking me out tonight

No, that is not what is going on. We are speaking about plain old humanity and the panic of a missing child. You knock on doors, you yell and you scream. You have a missing sick 3yr old. It is panic and terror and it can not be tempered by fear of a lawsuit, DSHS or being abused. It is the worst thing that can happen to a parent and it is so ingrained.

IMO she is not telling the truth about that van trip. It was not a search party.
I agree fully! The first thing anyone would do is run outside screaming her name at the top of their lungs,getting the neighbors out to help!!

I agree fully! The first thing anyone would do is run outside screaming her name at the top of their lungs,getting the neighbors out to help!!

NOTHING she did that morning makes sense to me...

Has drug use been documented?

At least one news broadcast stated that she had past history of drug use. It's pretty late, and I'll find the link in the AM when the wife heads back out to the church.

Maybe I'll take a stroll over to the county courthouse and see what I can dig up. It's only 250 feet away, lol...

That's where my wife, son and I live. It's a nice street with several historical homes and buildings.

The main search is due south as the crow flys in the Homewood/Bendale area.

That's where my wife, son and I live. It's a nice street with several historical homes and buildings.

Yes the house is beautiful.We love Weston,my hubby would move back in a minute,but our children are in the South.My hubby lived in Bendale 30 years ago.We still drive around there when we are in town.We are up for 2 weeks every 4th of July.

You now I can think of a reason- no cell phone, cell phone reception and pay phones are very far and few between..

It is easy for us to sit back behind our computers and say what she should have done.. People don't always deal with things the way they should, life isn't black and white- she has a law suite pending against the state, possible issues with DSHS and maybe is abused- we don't know if she was afraid for her other children- we know what we would have done and what she should have done but the fact that she didn't doesn't automatically make her guilty of anything.

We need to remember she and her family are the victims until LE says otherwise.

Glad you have been an abused ex con mother with 6 other children to fear for.

I can't help thinking that little one is missing which is horrible but what that 11 and 9 year old are going through just may be an even bigger nightmare.

I don't know what happened to that baby or who is responsible Mom very well may be but until LE says otherwise like I said she is the victim.

Anyone remember the video of a guy being pulled over for a possible DUI, he's being questioned, and then the cop gets hit by a passing motorist? What does the DUI suspect do? Does he take off, knowing he can escape a criminal charge? No, instead, he goes to the officer's assistance and then gets on the cop's radio to request help.

A missing child is the worst thing possible. I don't buy that the mom's criminal background or fear for her remaining children would preclude her from immediately doing whatever is needed to find the missing child, her very own child, the one in imminent danger - and that means calling 911.

It is ingrained in all of us to dial those digits if we feel danger is afoot. Some mothers don't, though, like casey anthony who refrained from doing so for 31 days. Actually, she never did it at all. But we all know casey knew what 911 was for as she had no problem dialing it immediately when she felt her own life was threatened by protesters outside her house. I guess 911, in some cases, is only meant for personal protection - not the protection of one's own children. And that is what we are trying to figure out here.

I suppose anything is possible. I don't know all the facts of the case and I don't know the players - if any have issues that would make this behavior make more sense, etc. I am sure, though, that there are reasons for such bizarre behavior but some of those reasons may not be what we want to hear.

No one on the thread has said the mom is not a victim. However, we are questioning some behaviors which seem very odd to most. I think that is okay.

Something very bad happened here. A sweet baby girl is missing. What happened, I don't know. But it is logical, based on stats, to wonder about those closest to Aliayah. That becomes even more logical when those closest to the baby act in a manner that seems unhelpful in locating the baby as quickly as possible and in calling for the help that is necessary to finding the child.

Aside from the tragedy of this missing child, Weston sounds like a lovely place to live. We are so fortunate to have you, and other locals, on websleuths to remind us of how much your community cares about Aliayah.

I don't like to judge people based on their reactions but I know when I got up one morning and found the screen in the kitchen pushed out and my cat gone, I ran outside in my nightgown, barefoot to find him (and I am disabled-was one of those "miracles" I guess, since I seemed to be moving pretty fast.) I was scrambling all over the place looking for him until he emerged from beneath a shrub eventually...that to me is a more usual type of reaction...JMO

Anyone remember the video of a guy being pulled over for a possible DUI, he's being questioned, and then the cop gets hit by a passing motorist? What does the DUI suspect do? Does he take off, knowing he can escape a criminal charge? No, instead, he goes to the officer's assistance and then gets on the cop's radio to request help.

A missing child is the worst thing possible. I don't buy that the mom's criminal background or fear for her remaining children would preclude her from immediately doing whatever is needed to find the missing child, her very own child, the one in imminent danger - and that means calling 911.

It is ingrained in all of us to dial those digits if we feel danger is afoot. Some mothers don't, though, like casey anthony who refrained from doing so for 31 days. Actually, she never did it at all. But we all know casey knew what 911 was for as she had no problem dialing it immediately when she felt her own life was threatened by protesters outside her house. I guess 911, in some cases, is only meant for personal protection - not the protection of one's own children. And that is what we are trying to figure out here.

I suppose anything is possible. I don't know all the facts of the case and I don't know the players - if any have issues that would make this behavior make more sense, etc. I am sure, though, that there are reasons for such bizarre behavior but some of those reasons may not be what we want to hear.

No one on the thread has said the mom is not a victim. However, we are questioning some behaviors which seem very odd to most. I think that is okay.

Something very bad happened here. A sweet baby girl is missing. What happened, I don't know. But it is logical, based on stats, to wonder about those closest to Aliayah. That becomes even more logical when those closest to the baby act in a manner that seems unhelpful in locating the baby as quickly as possible and in calling for the help that is necessary to finding the child.

:goodpost:

I think its normal human nature to call LE and want to help another person in need ESPECIALLY when its your own child no matter your criminal record or the risk to your "prison status". If a mother puts either in front of the welfare of their child then they are not fit to be a parent and should unselfishly give up the custody of them... There are PLENTY of people that would take them and love them and put THEM before their own selfish whim or fear of LE.

yeah, but Mom and dad would have one....leaves 2 for 7 kids

m/d + newborns in 1 room
2 in 1 room
3 in the other (if baby A comes back)

Not the perfect scenario, but my brother slept in a dresser drawer when he was born. My dad slept with 4 brothers in 1 room with no insulation and wrapped in wool coats during the winter. He could see his breath when sleepin!

Fast forward to 2011 - it's tough for so many of us.

MOO

Mel

Depending on size (and other possible problems) the twins may not be released right away.

I don't like to judge people based on their reactions but I know when I got up one morning and found the screen in the kitchen pushed out and my cat gone, I ran outside in my nightgown, barefoot to find him (and I am disabled-was one of those "miracles" I guess, since I seemed to be moving pretty fast.) I was scrambling all over the place looking for him until he emerged from beneath a shrub eventually...that to me is a more usual type of reaction...JMO

:floorlaugh:
That was priceless!!

My son left the door opened when he left for school this morning and when i woke up, first thing I thought of was the cat!!! I was out there shaking the cat treats calling her name in shorts and a T-shirt (no bra! I never do that! .. I know TMI) looking all over for my cat Boo. I'm sure my hair was sticking straight up and makeup smeared made me look like a crazy lady. Boo came sauntering down the stairs looking at me like "What's all the fuss?" I held her for like 15 minutes and gave her most of the treats....
THAT'S normal for the fear of a cat being gone!!! This little girl deserved so much more.......

Praying for you baby girl; may God give us a miracle and you come home safe.

Thank all of you here at Websleuths; so many caring about these beautiful children and doing their darndest tell help in some way.
Keep praying for little Aliayah.

Maybe today.

I won't hold my breath. I believe someone in that family knows where Aliayah is and they're not talking. I don't believe she will be found until someone grows a conscience. I hope I'm wrong, I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Where ever you are baby Aliayah I pray you are safe...either in the arms of the Lord or in a comfy cozy home being well loved and cared for.

09/29/2011

An Offer To Help End Search For Girl
Reuben Perdue, WAJR FM
Clarksburg

A noted Clarksburg defense attorney is making a plea to try and end the search for three-year-old Aaliyah Lunsford in Lewis County.

Defense attorney Tom Dyer says he will represent anyone who knows anything about the girl's disappearance free of charge

http://www.wvmetronews.com/news.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=48183

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member