WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they probably think the only people who know where she is are the people that put her wherever she is.

I still don't understand not having a reward. In almost all cases, the only people who know anything would be the perps, but they still post rewards, just in case someone has a bit of info about a place the family spent time, or overhears something, etc...some people DO need an incentive to come forward.

In this scenario, how can we explain the other kids in the family keeping mum?

I have been reading up on the Zahra Baker threads (cuz I have loads of spare time, apparently?) and one of the things that made it believable (to me) that she may've died long before she was reported missing is that she seemed to be isolated from other kids...who aren't as cautious or tactful as adults when they have questions. (Full disclosure, I have not finished the threads and I didn't follow the trial, so this is all IMOO based on incomplete info.)

I know that some kids are secret-keepers by nature; I was (am) one. I know that children can be highly motivated to keep secrets - by fear or whatever. I think some possible punishments for telling have already been mentioned, including the threat of the kids being forcibly separated by mom and/or each other. But I also know that people have a way of letting things slip that give away their secrets despite their best intentions, and I question how sophisticated kids could be about this. (Eg., they might not volunteer that the sibling is missing or answer "yes" if someone asks "did something bad happen to her?" but they might give it away in response to indirect questions.) I dunno...I'm no expert in developmental psychology, and I don't have children (except for my kitty, who keeps all my secrets). I'm just basing this on what I remember from my developmental psyc class and my own childhood.

I'm not dismissing or disagreeing with your idea at all, btw. I'm just trying to think thru how it could work. Maybe those of you with more experience with kids can weigh in. :)

Do we *know* that any of the kids are in school? I know we have assumed it but are we sure? Is it possible the kids are home schooled?

Do we *know* that any of the kids are in school? I know we have assumed it but are we sure? Is it possible the kids are home schooled?

I believe it was wenc who saw them at the school bus stop. The 2 older girls.

If police no longer believe she wandered away on her own, now is the time to start releasing more info to the public. Maybe someone saw something that at the time may have seemed odd but not thought much about it.

Her scent was found at the river, so she had to have been there at some point, unless the dogs were wrong. Or someone drug something with her scent to that location on purpose? geez, my mind is starting to run wild with this one.

Questions with no answers:

DCF/HHS would have done a home study for the children to have been returned her. Was Aliayah seen at that time and if not WHY not?

LE would have access to Aliayah's last Dr's appt through medicaid/billing. I wonder if they have confirmed when she was last seen by a doctor.

A 9 YO and 11 YO in the home would be able to tell when they last saw Aliayah with certainty, especially if the time last seen was way back around Christmas.

It has been said that the children were just returned to the parents about a month ago. I wonder if all of the children were housed together at Gma's (she did have them at her home, right?) or split up? Why can't a DCF worker verify they saw this child on monthly visits????

Nobody in this town or neighbors in the town she previously resided can say when they last saw this child???? Gma's neighbors? No kids outside playing???

Oh, my word.... :(

I have not heard anything about a prior removal of the children. IF it did happen then it would be confidential information. DHHR could tell LE but nobody else. LE might even have to subpoena the information. I doubt very much if that information would be shared with the public. DHHR can not even tell another family member unless they are involved in the case.

As far as anyone outside of the family seeing her.........sigh.......this could be worse than Caylee Anthony.

Oh my what a sad turn of events this has become. Aliayah was supposed to have been at a friend's house the night before but was brought home because she "messed herself" - so that sighting by an independent cannot be confirmed if LE is saying they do not know when anybody last saw her alive.

LE was probably looking for items that would belong to a 3 year old and didn't find any in the current house and then possibly made the determination that Aliayah did not move into this house with them the first of August/11.

Pictures of Aliayah were from Christmas 2010 so she may well have been missing for up to 9 months.

Dear god in heaven what has been done with Aliayah and where is she? Previous residences must be checked if they haven't been already.

IMO there are very few people who know the answers and if they haven't said anything yet then they aren't going to. A sad day for little Aliayah.

I was even thinking just people in the neighborhood who might be used to seeing the kids around, as well as grandparents and other extended family.

I am not ready to jump to the conclusion that little A was never a resdent of the home on Dennison. If that were the case, why would mom report having been with little A in tow at the home of friends the evening before? If you are planning the disappearnce of your already dead disposed of child (ala Zahra Baker) why on earth would you tell a story that was going to be so easy to discredit? I believe that child was in that home. I am unsure as to when I think she disappeared, but until I have confirmation that no one has seen the child in weeks, months, etc, I am not prepared to speculate about that. I do think it is entirely possible that she never made it to the house on Dennison the night of the visit to the home of friends. I think it is entirely possible that the child was removed sometime that night, as the other children of the household slept. Equally possible is that the child was placed somewhere during that time period between 6:30 am and 9:30 am.

Just because LE has not informed us, the curious public, as to the last independent witness to confirm a living Aliayah, does not mean they do not have one IMO.

ETA LE's statement that they do not know when little A was last seen alive could refer to anytime after independent confirmation via a non relative.

If police no longer believe she wandered away on her own, now is the time to start releasing more info to the public. Maybe someone saw something that at the time may have seemed odd but not thought much about it.

Her scent was found at the river, so she had to have been there at some point, unless the dogs were wrong. Or someone drug something with her scent to that location on purpose? geez, my mind is starting to run wild with this one.

This would assume though that whatever item the dogs were given to get her scent were actually hers, and it is looking more and more uncertain that those who would have turned over that kind of item are being honest with LE.

JMO

Or someone gave them clothing with someone else's scent.

How do we know that the item used to "scent" the dog actually had her scent on it?

I am not ready to jump to the conclusion that little A was never a resdent of the home on Dennison. If that were the case, why would mom report having been with little A in tow at the home of friends the evening before? If you are planning the disappearnce of your already dead disposed of child (ala Zahra Baker) why on earth would you tell a story that was going to be so easy to discredit? I believe that child was in that home. I am unsure as to when I think she disappeared, but until I have confirmation that no one has seen the child in weeks, months, etc, I am not prepared to speculate about that. I do think it is entirely possible that she never made it to the house on Dennison the night of the visit to the home of friends. I think it is entirely possible that the child was removed sometime that night, as the other children of the household slept. Equally possible is that the child was placed somewhere during that time period between 6:30 am and 9:30 am.

Just because LE has not informed us, the curious public, as to the last independent witness to confirm a living Aliayah, does not mean they do not have one IMO.

ETA LE's statement that they do not know when little A was last seen alive could refer to anytime after independent confirmation via a non relative.

BBM....you know, we really only have a version of that story as told by a reporter. What if he got the story wrong? What if the story was they were "on their way" to a friends house when she messed herself. Leaving out just a few words can change a story significantly. IMO.

This is exactly my view, why make up a story about being a friends house and Aliyah 'messing' herself if Aliayah fate had already been sealed at that time? It makes absolutely no sense that the mother would do that. If the family is responsible of a crime involving Aliayah, the last thing they would do it tell a lie that can so easily be exposed.

Another case that pops into my mind, just something to consider, is a case in the UK a few years ago of a missing girl, who was never really missing. The mother and I believe the childs uncle cooked up a plan that he would keep the child for a few weeks in his flat and the mother 'pretend' the child was missing. It was eventually exposed that she had done this for 'attention' and possibly 'financial gain'. I think this being the case with Aliayah is highly unlikely, but for some reason it keeps popping into my head. Quite possibly because the possibility of this being what has happened is too much of a relief to me!

What does it mean then, that the FBI can't confirm the last time she was seen alive?

The friend said she wasn't there?

The friend said she was there, but they don't believe her because they have some reason to doubt her honesty?

The friend said she was there and they believe it but have no solid physical proof to support their belief?

I'm just asking because I'm wondering how to unpackage the FBI's answer, not because I'm trying to dis/confirm any particular theory.

BBM....you know, we really only have a version of that story as told by a reporter. What if he got the story wrong? What if the story was they were "on their way" to a friends house when she messed herself. Leaving out just a few words can change a story significantly. IMO.

I believe the messing herself statements and having to leave can be attributed to the grandmother IIRC so you raise a good point. Like several recent notorious cases, this one is seeming to rely almost exclusively on family members for timeline info. The lack of independent witnesses and sightings reported of little A at this point is becoming very worrisome.

I can only hope that LE has alot more than they are releasing to us.

This would assume though that whatever item the dogs were given to get her scent were actually hers, and it is looking more and more uncertain that those who would have turned over that kind of item are being honest with LE.

JMO

Very good point. I hadn't gave a lot of thought to what the scent at the river meant if Baby A never lived in that home but your post would explain that perfectly. If this is the case, they had plenty of time to plan that sort of ruse but TBH that would take a lot more intelligence* (wrong word and I don't mean to be offensive) than I had been giving them credit for.

*It just seems when you look at Mom & SD's prior criminal acts they weren't well thought out. They seem to rather rash decisions that were easily tied to them. Doing away with a child, hiding it for months with other children in the home and then laying a false trail for LE doesn't seem like their usual MO but you never know.

ETA: MOO as always

I have not heard anything about a prior removal of the children. IF it did happen then it would be confidential information. DHHR could tell LE but nobody else. LE might even have to subpoena the information. I doubt very much if that information would be shared with the public. DHHR can not even tell another family member unless they are involved in the case.

As far as anyone outside of the family seeing her.........sigh.......this could be worse than Caylee Anthony.

Someone needs to tell this to the Lewis County Commisioner. She is now a facebook reporter.

What does it mean then, that the FBI can't confirm the last time she was seen alive?

The friend said she was there, but they don't believe her because they have some reason to doubt her honesty?

The friend said she was there and they believe it but have no solid physical proof to support their belief?

I'm just asking because I'm wondering how to unpackage the FBI's answer, not because I'm trying to dis/confirm any particular theory.

This is the frustration. We have no solid proof that anyone said they saw Aliayah at 'the friends' house'. The trouble with giving a press release when there are no press pushy enough to ask LE to 'expand' on a certain statement they've made, so we end up with a quote that could be taken in many different ways and are left none the wiser

I wish we knew PlainJaneDoe. These are the same questions that are bouincing around in my gourd right now. As usual, a presser has left me more confused than before. Very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth