WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it has come out that the other children have been taken into custody/foster care (if true), then it seems as though it would have leaked if this had happened in the past...?

According to www.wdtv.com:

5 NEWS Update: 10/3 3:00 p.m.

The FBI is now calling the missing girl case a "crime" details on First at 5:00

Has anyone heard anything at 5?

The party story makes no sense to me now. It does seem bizarre that they would make up a story about her being at the friend's place, but I feel like LE would have said "friends saw her that night in the last verified sighting of Baby A" or something instead of the much more cryptic they have no idea when she was last seen in a verified manner. Is it possible there were so many kids in a fairly big party that maybe they were trying to make it seem like she was there when she wasn't? I have been to some parties that have like...300 kids between the ages of 1-5 and would not be able to tell you if a particular one was there or not. Maybe they thought that might fly, but the actual friends told LE they couldn't confirm one way or another?

I think LE is saying that they don't believe anything they have been told by the adults in this child's life. And that may be all they know (that they are not getting the truth.)

Me thinks the FBI are putting there boxing gloves on for the culprit. Just thinking off the cuff out loud, if it appears that baby A. may have disappeared much earlier than mom says that would be murder 1. Better fess up NOW type thing so we can determine what happened & maybe lesser charges. I think it could be a strategy.

took a break and thought about Aliayah everyday.

I was sure she'd be found when I returned.

Catching up in her thread, I am on the verge of tears.

What happened to this poor soul. What has she had to endure?

Oh no :(

Someone needs to tell this to the Lewis County Commisioner. She is now a facebook reporter.

:floorlaugh: Methinks the commissioner should stick to her day job. Or perhaps not, I will leave that call to the locals, not knowing how she performs in her dayjob and only having her "Journalism" to judge by.

Very good point. I hadn't gave a lot of thought to what the scent at the river meant if Baby A never lived in that home but your post would explain that perfectly. If this is the case, they had plenty of time to plan that sort of ruse but TBH that would take a lot more intelligence* (wrong word and I don't mean to be offensive) than I had been giving them credit for.

*It just seems when you look at Mom & SD's prior criminal acts they weren't well thought out. They seem to rather rash decisions that were easily tied to them. Doing away with a child, hiding it for months with other children in the home and then laying a false trail for LE doesn't seem like their usual MO but you never know.

ETA: MOO as always

That is also a good point. I am really just trying to think through many possible scenarios because nothing in this case seems to make any sense.

Also, sorry for the OT, but I saw that you are from Southwest VA. I am also from (very rural) southwest VA originally, so howdy neighbor and all that :)

With this news conference and new information released; Can Aliyah have her own page, like many of the other missing children such as Haleigh, Kyron, Hailey and Zahra had??? We need to be able to compile all the information that is available. Does anyone know when they will start a regular page for her??
Aliyah, I hope someone has saved you from what ever has occurred. I am so depressed with this news..........

Aliayah's case has had (almost) 6 topics in 10 days.

Haleigh's case had 26 topics in 8 days when it got a forum.
Kyron's case had 17 topics in 13 days when it got a forum.
Somer's case had 41 topics in 6 months when it got a forum.

Holly Bobo's case has had 28 topics in 6 months and doesn't have a forum, and neither does Lauren Spierer's case which had 24 topics in 4 months.

Compared to those statistics, I don't think Aliayah's case is active enough to get its forum. Plus, I don't think there's been enough information released to have separate topics. I remember feeling really overwhelmed when Hailey Dunn's case first started and before it had a forum, but I don't feel that way (yet) with Aliayah's case.

The preacher at the Bendale United Methodist Church stated on Sunday that she saw little Aliayah on September 20th.

Could the "messed" herself story have some kind of significance? Why bring something like that up if it doesn't?
I'm thinking this "messed herself" story was invented to try to explain any bodily functions that may have been evident if Aliayah was found rather quickly. Not to be morbid....but how would you distinguish between bodily functions that happened prior to death and after death? KWIM?

What does it mean then, that the FBI can't confirm the last time she was seen alive?

The friend said she wasn't there?

The friend said she was there, but they don't believe her because they have some reason to doubt her honesty?

The friend said she was there and they believe it but have no solid physical proof to support their belief?

I'm just asking because I'm wondering how to unpackage the FBI's answer, not because I'm trying to dis/confirm any particular theory.

I believe this simply means that the other children could not confirm mother's story and for their own reasons, LE is not so sure she is being honest about when she last saw her. That's MY take on it.

The preacher at the Bendale United Methodist Church stated on Sunday that she saw little Aliayah on September 20th.

This was stated to the volunteers searching for Aliayah while they were having lunch in the church.

What event was being held at the church on a Tuesday? If you know, thanks.

If she has been missing from the home for some time why would the mother have chosen now to tell this? Was someone expecting to see her?

Since it has come out that the other children have been taken into custody/foster care (if true), then it seems as though it would have leaked if this had happened in the past...?

What would have happened when mom went to jail? Would CPS have been involved in someone else assuming care/custody of the kids or would that have just been a family court matter between mom and the new guardian? Would the return of custody to mom have been handled in the same manner when she was released?

I have a brother in jail and the first time he went to jail his then wife went as well and her Mom took custody thru CPS (this exact scenerio has actually happened to both of my brothers and their wives). The second time he went the mother(s) of his children had custody of them anyway so there was no need for a guardian to be involved. Either way I am in VA and it may have no relevance on how WV does things.

I hate to say this....but we got more info off of a reporter on NG in one hour than we have the entire time this little girl has been missing. I'm really hoping NG picks this story up again.....and I'm not even a NG fan.

If she has been missing from the home for some time why would the mother have chosen now to tell this? Was someone expecting to see her?

Perhaps the birth of her twins would have prompted some sort of home inspection?

IMO and not too sure if I believe that angle yet..

What event was being held at the church on a Tuesday? If you know, thanks.

People had delivered clothing for a drive on that day. I don't know if the drive was held that day, or the clothing was dropped off on that day. It was unclear and not elaborated on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth