GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
per my notes....

Sometime in September:
*Grand Jury Hearing (@ pm ET) - WV – Riley Grace Crossman (15) (reported missing May 8, 2019, Berkeley Springs; found May 16, 2019, near Tuscarora Pike) - *Andrew “Drew” or “Andy” Jackson McCauley, Jr. (41) (mom’s BF) arrested, charged & arraigned (5/16/19) for murder. Held without bond.
5/16/19: Arraignment hearing. No bond. 5/22/19: Preliminary hearing on 5/24. 5/24/19: Hearing moved to 6/12.
6/12/19 Update: During a 2 hours presentation, the DA laid out their case: Only witness was West Virginia State Police trooper Fred Edwards, who led the state’s investigation. The evidence against McCauley was damning, with surveillance video documenting the route he allegedly traversed to pick up Riley’s body at her home on the morning of May 8 — then travelling Shanghai Road over the mountain to dump the body off a cliff near 5500 Tuscarora Pike. What was new and beyond the criminal complaint was the fact that Andy McCauley tried to call Riley Crossman — using *67 to block his number — at 3:00 am, 3:34 am and 3:52 am — on May 8, the morning of the day she was killed. And what was also new was the last text message from Riley Crossman to her boyfriend on 5/7 @ 11:01pm — “Andy’s in my room”. At 11:13pm she texted: “I’m scared.” Magistrate Stephens ruled there was probable cause to send the case to the Morgan County grand jury. Grand Jury will meet in Sept.

Wondering if any news on this? Can't get into West Virginia court site.

Going to call @SeesSeas - over here - ?? He's in Morgan County Circuit Court

Andrew “Drew” or “Andy” Jackson McCauley, Jr. (41)
What link do you have for the WV court site?

Court links - but I don't find online court case access:
Court Information by County - West Virginia Judiciary
Morgan County Court Information - West Virginia Judiciary

This link has online access by case, but it appears to be civil cases:
Case Information - Public Service Commission of West Virginia

Scuttlebutt says that AM will likely get away with it. He will get nailed for disposal of a body and those relating charges, but it's unlikely that he'll be found guilty of homicide. Riley's mother is long gone away from here and living her best life apparently as well. There is virtually no news whatsoever about this case. Local law enforcement is far too busy covering each other's butts and fighting constant negative publicity (stemming from negligence, shady incidents and outright bad policing). The magistrate grandmother is still living comfortable, and AFAIK still a magistrate.

Scuttlebutt says that AM will likely get away with it. He will get nailed for disposal of a body and those relating charges, but it's unlikely that he'll be found guilty of homicide. Riley's mother is long gone away from here and living her best life apparently as well. There is virtually no news whatsoever about this case. Local law enforcement is far too busy covering each other's butts and fighting constant negative publicity (stemming from negligence, shady incidents and outright bad policing). The magistrate grandmother is still living comfortable, and AFAIK still a magistrate.

It was very hard to like this post, but the information it contains is important. It's heartbreaking for Riley if her chances of justice are so slim and that no one seems to care enough to press her case. And it's chilling for other local innocents – especially children and teenagers who are dependent on the support and protection of their adult guardians, yet caught in this seemingly countywide (or even larger?) web of deceit, criminality, drugs, and toxic, interwoven family dynamics. Where is a kid who is trying to stay straight, or simply get out, supposed to turn?

It sounds like it's waaay past time for some sunshine and anti-corruption measures to come to this area.

This breaks my heart! Riley deserved so much more.

Alot of people in my neighborhood work at Eastern Regional Jail. They claim DD (Magistrate) has been visiting AM in jail. Why would a grandmother visit the man who is accused of murdering their granddaughter?

This town has been long overdue for a change. The way the local law enforcement behave and the way the officials conduct their duties is outrageous

How long is ‘long gone away from here’ exactly? Bc I just saw CO at a Berkeley Springs football game, a few shorts weeks before the BSHS homecoming game. ;)

Bumping up for Riley....

anyone see any updates for court hearings or the Grand Jury indictment?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

AM will get nailed to the wall for handling and concealing her body, but doubtful he'll get pinned for murder.

DD is firing up a campaign to be reelected as magistrate. I'm seeing the signs along the roads.
Where exactly? Because I was on Rt 9 & 522 earlier this week & I didn’t see any signs.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfcortez8