GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tuesday, January 7th:
*Grand Jury Hearing (@ pm ET) - WV – Riley Grace Crossman (15) (reported missing May 8, 2019, Berkeley Springs; found May 16, 2019, near Tuscarora Pike) - *Andrew “Drew” or “Andy” Jackson McCauley, Jr. (41) (mom’s BF) arrested, charged & arraigned (5/16/19) for murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
5/16/19: Arraignment hearing. No bond. 5/22/19: Preliminary hearing on 5/24. 5/24/19: Hearing moved to 6/12 and maybe hearing on 6/25.
6/12/19 Update: During a 2 hour presentation, the DA laid out their case: Only witness was West Virginia State Police trooper Fred Edwards, who led the state’s investigation. The evidence against McCauley was damning, with surveillance video documenting the route he allegedly traversed to pick up Riley’s body at her home on the morning of May 8-then travelling Shanghai Road over the mountain to dump the body off a cliff near 5500 Tuscarora Pike. What was new and beyond the criminal complaint was the fact that Andy McCauley tried to call Riley Crossman-using *67 to block his number-at 3:00 am, 3:34 am and 3:52 am-on May 8, the morning of the day she was killed. And what was also new was the last text message from Riley Crossman to her boyfriend on 5/7 @ 11:01pm-“Andy’s in my room”. At 11:13pm she texted: “I’m scared.” Magistrate Stephens ruled there was probable cause to send the case to the Morgan County grand jury. Grand Jury will meet on 1/7/20.

Morgan County Grand Jury indicts McCauley for murder of Berkeley Springs teen
Morgan County Grand Jury indicts McCauley for murder of Berkeley Springs teen
By Editor | January 7, 2020 | 1

A Morgan County Grand Jury today indicted Andrew J. McCauley Jr., 41, of Berkeley Springs for the murder of Riley Crossman in May 2019. McCauley was also indicted for concealment of a deceased human body, confirmed Morgan County Prosecuting Attorney Dan James. The Grand Jury met today, Tuesday, January 7. The indictment is not a conviction, but the determination by the Grand Jury that there is enough evidence for a criminal case to proceed to trial.

sorry - deleted - misread the article....

Man charged with killing Berkeley Springs teen set to be arraigned this month

Can't access the one above - but here's another that I can.

12 indictments returned after Morgan County Grand Jury

January 08, 2020
The Journal reported in Tuesday’s edition that Andy J. McCauley, 41, of the Eastern Regional Jail, was charged with murder and concealment of a deceased human body in the death of 15-year-old Riley Crossman. He was the 12th person indicted.

Officials said all individuals indicted will be arraigned on the morning of Jan. 24.

Friday, January 24th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ am ET) - WV – Riley Grace Crossman (15) (reported missing May 8, 2019, Berkeley Springs; found May 16, 2019, near Tuscarora Pike in Berkeley County) - *Andrew (“Drew” or “Andy”) Jackson McCauley, Jr. (41) (mom’s BF) arrested, charged & arraigned (5/16/19) & indicted (1/7/20) with 1st degree murder & concealment of a deceased human body. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
5/16/19: Arraignment hearing. No bond. 5/22/19: Preliminary hearing on 5/24. 5/24/19: Hearing moved to 6/12 and maybe hearing on 6/25.
6/12/19 Update: During a 2 hour presentation, the DA laid out their case: Only witness was West Virginia State Police trooper Fred Edwards, who led the state’s investigation. The evidence against McCauley was damning, with surveillance video documenting the route he allegedly traversed to pick up Riley’s body at her home on the morning of May 8-then travelling Shanghai Road over the mountain to dump the body off a cliff near 5500 Tuscarora Pike. What was new and beyond the criminal complaint was the fact that Andy McCauley tried to call Riley Crossman-using *67 to block his number-at 3:00 am, 3:34 am and 3:52 am-on May 8, the morning of the day she was killed. And what was also new was the last text message from Riley Crossman to her boyfriend on 5/7 @ 11:01pm-“Andy’s in my room”. At 11:13pm she texted: “I’m scared.” Magistrate Stephens ruled there was probable cause to send the case to the Morgan County grand jury. Grand Jury will meet on 1/7/20.
1/7/20 Update: Grand jury indicted McCauley for murder & concealment of a deceased human body. He will be arraigned before a Morgan County Circuit Judge on 1/24/20.

May 5 trial set for Berkeley Springs man charged with death of Riley Crossman

January 24, 2020

BERKELEY SPRINGS, W.Va. — The trial for a Berkeley Springs man accused of killing a 15-year-old Berkeley Springs girl last year was scheduled on Friday for May 5 in Morgan County Circuit Court.

McCauley, who waived his right to a speedy trial within the current term of court, pleaded not guilty to the charges during his arraignment before 23rd Judicial Circuit Judge Debra McLaughlin.

Morgan County Prosecuting Attorney Dan James said after the court proceeding on Friday that the state is close to being ready to try the case, but indicated that attorneys for McCauley may request more time to prepare due to the “voluminous” amount of discovery in the case.

James indicated the defense also seek a change in venue for the trial.

From court: CO called judge DM 16 times the night Riley "went missing"

16 calls in the middle of the night a good 18 hours before she was reported missing. This place is a disgusting swamp.

If I understand you correctly - you can access the court system? If so, is there a next court date for him? TIA if you can! :)

@Lrs1499 - can you access the court site? If so, can you give me the next court date if it's there? TIA! :)

edited to add: And since he had his arraignment - did he enter a plea?

@Lrs1499 - can you access the court site? If so, can you give me the next court date if it's there? TIA! :)

edited to add: And since he had his arraignment - did he enter a plea?
He pleaded not guilty and I believe his court date is May 5th. But I’m not Lrs1499. And it would be nice to hear from someone who has access the court site. :)

He pleaded not guilty and I believe his court date is May 5th. But I’m not Lrs1499. And it would be nice to hear from someone who has access the court site. :)

Thanks - but I have May 5th as his trial date, so there has to "something" before that. Hopefully someone with access will post! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back