Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the link !
Hmmm... "Full blown" sounds like Brian wasn't very quiet about it ?
A raised voice ?
Did he get in their faces without physically touching the restaurant staff ?
A person can be intimidating and even frightening without ever being physical.
MOO.
Going back in four times is pretty 'in your face' IMO.

I do not believe BL killed Gabby on Friday, August 27, if that was indeed him that was picked up hitchhiking by Miranda on the 29th. That would mean he either was right there with van and body, or left with van and body right there to be discovered. I believe he left shortly after he killed Gabby. I don’t believe he would want to stick around with her body after doing the deed. MOO

Looks closer to 600 feet to me - which is not "quite a distance" to me. Not 600 yards.

I think the maps posted on earlier threads need to be referenced - or people need to look it up on maps.google - you can pretty easily find the area where Gabby was found if you use the helicopter video. It was first reported as 200-300 yards. S0 600-900 feet (I think closer to 600).

There's a missing cargo bag.

Anyway, I have looked at the terrain several times and I think it's 600-800 feet (200-300 yards). A fair distance, but not that far in terms of body disposal. She weighed about 100 pounds. She was probably dragged. It's also possible (and very likely) that she fled to that spot and was killed near it.
bbm
I missed reading that !
Apparently I'm missing quite a few facts today.

If he concealed Gabby in that bag, hopefully there's still ample evidence ?
100 lbs isn't very heavy.
Maybe he carried her to the burial spot ?

Eta: The CSI team made the first cross of stones.

The cod hasn't been released, but by now the coroner must know; as her remains have been returned to her family.
And her death was a homicide, so evidence of injuries incompatible with life were found.
Imo.

Last edited:
BBM
I dont think LE put the first one there.
It is Unknown who did per article.
"In days leading up to the coroner’s announcement, a makeshift cross made with river rocks from the slowly disappearing Spread Creek could be seen in the area authorities had blocked off Monday."
It is unknown who put the memorial there.
Cross appears near Gabby Petito search area in apparent tribute to 22-year-old | WKRN News 2

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215883852

“Petito spokesperson confirmed cross of stones was placed by CSI at spot Gabby's body was recovered”

Mod Note:

We are on Thread #27 and it appears confusion and mix ups are happening. To make this easier on each of you, and us as we try to support you, here are some basics:

-Links: Use a link to support statements of fact, quotes, etc.
-Keep posts relevant to the case
AND
-The Merry Piglets Facebook Post is approved: Log In or Sign Up to View

It was not theirs. It was hers. With the title in her name, if there are property taxes to be paid, she was responsible. If she wanted to sell the van and had to transfer a title, it's hers. If she filed bankruptcy and she had to list assets, with her name on the title, it’s an asset of hers. This van was hers.

Yes, and once LE showed up at the Laundrie home, they should have had probable cause to take him in for stealing it. They say they didn't, but they did have it because she was a missing person. They took the whole van right then and there, which shows they had probable cause. They didn't just say, "Well, he drives it, too, so we'll just leave it here."

They took it as part of an investigation, which to me means they really could have searched the whole Laundrie house. If her car is outside, they should have probable cause to check if she is in there to end the missing person's case, right? Somehow I think less affluent people would have been treated differently.

I don't accept they're random rumors, not even slightly.
We have corroboration from restaurant that they were there.
The rest is witness reports and the first is her father's testimony.
That's more than a rumor, a lot more.
It's piecing it together that's the problem.

The COULD have parked there on 26 and left to go to town for food on 27 and returned, it was not an official park site so nobody else took their space.. then he could have stayed on or went walkabout and ended up hitching back to retrieve it and bring it home on his clear road with nobody but him knowing what had happened and probably a good story for anybody that might have stopped him or asked questions en-route.
Is this flawed thinking on my part?

No, definitely not flawed. You explained it well so I can see how the parts fit together for the restaurant visit, but perhaps not yet for the sighting by JS or whatever the Idaho one is. The initial article I read that mentioned the restaurant had the manager or someone quoted as saying the place is really busy in the summer and they didn’t recall the encounter (which is why I said rumor) but they must have gone back and checked records later on and found a credit or debit card receipt to confirm, and then made their FB post.

Also, to clarify, I wasn’t saying the flight was a rumor. I was clear that I know that is what her dad said he was told by Gabby… but I just edited to make it even more clear. I just wondered if LE ever said it actually happened that he flew back.

Last edited:
They do it because they've done this all their lives, or at least since they realized he was not your average kid (I believe he's neuro-atypical). Right now, they just want him to remain alive and fear he'll somehow die if someone tries to bring him to justice (he's a good Suicide By Cop candidate, IMO). I don't think they'll ever urge him to turn himself in. In the meantime, they'll come to terms with what has happened. They may wish him to be "free-living" on some trail somewhere, with whatever life he's going to have - lots of people's kids don't have great lives, btw. But they are alive.

And they will cope with whatever happens next. Whole situation is a tragedy.
You know if they had encouraged him to do the right thing from the get go, he would be in custody and alive. He would have a chance to defend himself in court and they wouldn’t be living the hell they are now and most likely for years to come. If BL shows up dead, his blood is on their hands.

There have been some questions about the timeline of witnesses who saw GP and BL in late August. Here are some notes I made for myself, but I don’t know how to share actual links, so this just a summary….

On TikTok, “Jessica Over Yonder” said she and friends were camping in the Spread Creek area Aug. 22-29 … she said “I BELIEVE” it was the 26th, when she first saw Gabby’s white van with BL by himself

The Bethune family (with great videos on YouTube) noticed the white van parked there on Friday Aug. 27th

Nina Angelo posted on TikTok that she and her boyfriend were visiting Jackson Hole for a wedding and said they saw BL arguing with the server or hostess at the restaurant on Friday Aug. 27th at lunchtime, and GP crying

Another TikTok person and her boyfriend gave a ride to a hitchhiker, who they believe was BL, on Aug. 29th, which also was the date that TikTok Jessica above saw the white van for the last time

It seems to me that unless Jessica is positive she saw the van as early as the 26th, the other dates might line up to make sense, in my opinion.

Agree.

If true then GP was alive and seen at 8/27 at least at 1PM. hope this can be verified since the restaurant is in Jackson Square. maybe street cams restaurant cams etc something.

This seems like this could be last sighting now? Correct?

there was pink evidence markings on the tree near when the logs that lead to the creek near Campsite 5.. whether it was on Site 5 or just near it we dont know.... then markers on rocks logs going further across the creek bed.

The van was parked there on the video 6PM? on the 27th???

The Dog Lady said 26th but also said Maybe...could be the 27th? she also says gone by 29th... maybe off a day The FBI only asked about 27, 28, 29 so maybe they knew when the van was parked there.

SO leaving on the 29th after tictok girl picked him up at colter bay ( not sure how lucky she was )

was the gas purchase at 11PM that night ever confirmed?

Wish we know if Dog Lady and her friends were camped further down from Site 5 as she states that she and her friends noticed the van as vacated and camp not set up....

(everything about the van in the video seems off and out place to me)

So maybe the escalation at the restaurant preempted what happened to GP... then trying to find a campsite ....double stresser... and dog lady says he was alone.... confused.. she passed him by going off the road... so sounds like the BL's first time at site 5 area was this day.

He was described as aggressively angry at 1-2pm on 27th
SO about an hour drive to Spread Creek.
and then creepy footage of the van door closing on the 27th....6PM .

That could do it...

This is a very good question. I’ve wondered this too. My other question to sort of add to this is, if they were to even find Brian right now, would he even be arrested? If he’s still just a person of interest, wouldn’t they only be able to take him in for questioning and not able to formally arrest him? Just my curiosity. I would hope they have some good evidence unknown to us stored away that would give them probable cause to arrest him if he is found. JMO
I also hope that these neighbors reported this camper situation to the authorities and that LE checked this story out? Anyone know if LE has confirmed this camping trip?
JMO, they have a sealed arrest warrant and he would absolutely be arrested at this point if they found him.

"Person of interest" is a made-up thing that law enforcement started using to say something softer than "suspect." It is not a legal status. There is no uniformly-agreed upon process for turning someone from a "POI" into a "suspect". The terms are just ways of speaking to the public about people who are the subject of investigations. There is either a warrant out for your arrest, or there is not.

bbm
I missed reading that !
Apparently I'm missing quite a few facts today.

If he concealed Gabby in that bag, hopefully there's still ample evidence ?
100 lbs isn't very heavy.
Maybe he carried her to the burial spot ?

It's creepy to think that the first cross of stones by the shallow river was made by Brian ?
Ugh.
:(

The cod hasn't been released, but by now the coroner must know; as her remains have been returned to her family.
Imo.

Where does it say Brian made the stone cross?

Gabby Petito: NewsNation Special Report | WANE 15
[...]

NewsNation’s Marni Hughes, Brian Entin, Rich McHugh and Ashleigh Banfield will dig into the case in a one-hour special report Thursday at 9/8c.

Brian Entin will walk us through the timeline — from Petito and Laundrie’s road trip to the latest developments — in a live report outside the Laundrie family home.

[...]

Marni Hughes will conduct a live interview with a Petito family friend.

In addition, Entin, McHugh, Hughes, Banfield and a former FBI agent will answer questions live during the broadcast.

You can watch the special on this page, or visit NewsNationNow.com/gabby. Here’s how to find NewsNation on your channel line-up.

3 Ways to Convert Feet to Yards - wikiHow

I do not believe BL killed Gabby on Friday, August 27, if that was indeed him that was picked up hitchhiking by Miranda on the 29th. That would mean he either was right there with van and body, or left with van and body right there to be discovered. I believe he left shortly after he killed Gabby. I don’t believe he would want to stick around with her body after doing the deed. MOO
I don't believe this killing was planned, I don't think this guy thinks like most people in the first place, and I think there was a great deal of panic after the fact.

Literally nothing would surprise me, and I doubt he knew what to do next.

I tend to believe he decided to leave her body with the van and take off, but ultimately backtracked.

I don't think the usual rules apply in regards to normal criminal behavior here. He's an odd bird.

They did not need a suicide note.
They could have planted the car there. DECOY

The car that LE tagged but apparently did not connect to the family ??? Even though LE was "watching" him ???
How did they miss this ??

But now because the car was there, that is where they are searching, IMO

I think the "camping trip" that the 3 of them took to wherever they went is where he is. or passed off to someone

There have been no pleas from HIS family begging for help in finding him.

Because they KNOW where he is.

Car is the decoy, IMO and it worked... it was only tagged.
LE lost their POI

he could be anywhere and family knows where. IMO

Yeah like why didn't they run plates on the car before they tagged it? Wouldn't at that point LE become suspicious of who owned it?

I think the offer of a reward would loosen lips in this case. $50K seems like a good start. Anyone along the familial food chain might find turning him in more appealing if there was a cash incentive. Its also an encouragement for professional bounty hunters.
Hmmm -- Bounty hunters -- hadn't thought of that. And yes, the reward money would have to be a decent sum to get a good one going because they have the typical expenses. Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste