Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was there such a need to fly to Florida, unload the storage unit, then fly back?
It was nearing the end of the month.Was money that tight whereas they couldn't afford another month and had to get their belongings out? The plane ticket would cost more than another month or so of storage.
If they were due back in October, why not wait till they got back?
Something's not adding up to me. Was there something in that locker BL wanted to get rid of? Was that the real reason he few back? Was there something in the locker he needed? A weapon?
Just thinking out loud.
While I'm not sure if the storage story is the only reason for BL flying back, BL and GP were not due back in October iirc. They were due to arrive at their friend's in the PNW in October. I don't think we haven information on their plans after that, so we don't really know how much money they would've been spending on that storage locker had stuff not been moved at that time. Also, they were trying to build a van-life brand, which would probably necessitate them being away from Florida for longer than a few months.

I personally think there's a chance they're related. BL has a lot of darkness in him, IMO. His IG post about the book Lullaby,
by Chuck Palahniuk, really hit me. It's essentially about a man who sets out on a road trip of sorts and becomes a serial killer. Far, far more to the story, but eerie is the word. MOO.

Login • Instagram

I just took a look at the post and I genuinely felt sick to my stomach. There is something sinister about it.

Especially since Brian was the one with her fingernail scratches on his face resulting from this incident. That being said, Brian needs to step forward with what he knows. If he wants to be careful, he should communicate what he knows via his attorney. Otherwise if he continues to keep quiet, it is making him look very bad.

Just a thought but what if the scratches on his face were defensive?

Ok - another thought. If he were able to fly back to FL to move her things, why drive the van back at all? Why not leave the van in Utah or wherever and just fly back to FL again? The driving back to FL is so bizarre to me. (Just my opinion and speculation)

Good point. It's possible that he and a very alive Gabby drove back to Florida, together.

Live updates: Gaby Petito and boyfriend Brian Laundrie got into a physical fight a week before she went missing

In a new statement, Laundrie's lawyer says he still won't speak to police

"In my experience, intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement focuses their attention on in cases like this and the warning that 'any statement made will be used against you' is true, regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms. Petito's disappearance," the statement from attorney Steven Bertolino said. "As such, on the advice of counsel, Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter."

Bertolino said the police naming Laundrie as a "person of interest" in the case won't change his decision.

"Mr. Laundrie will continue to remain silent on the advice of counsel," the statement continued.

Laundrie's lawyer and his parents seem to feel highly confident and justified in not releasing any information about Gabby's whereabouts...did she check herself into a mental health hospital?? Hipaa privacy laws might protect them all from having to say where she is if this is what happened..imo

I’m confused on this too. My understanding is her dad ubered food to her bc she didn’t have power no couldn’t order herself but then her speaking with her dad was via FaceTime, which would require power. Was it actually a money issue?

I think it may have been more of a wifi issue (needed to order uber eats) than the phone. The last time we had a power failure, text and phone was spotty, but wifi was non-existent.

It really doesn't! I mean his dad was mowing the grass this week so clearly even at 62, he is fit enough to get out in the yard to do yard work, so why not just have dad empty the storage unit for him and avoid the time and money with flying back?
We have no idea what the size of the storage unit is or what was contained in it (which also makes it hard to guesstimate the monthly fee they were paying).

Here's another version, or a more complete version, of the disorderly-conduct story in Moab. If this has already been posted, I apologize. These threads are moving so fast, I can't keep up with all the reading.
Gabrielle Petito Case: She and Brian Laundrie argued in Utah | wtsp.com
Laundrie then tried to lock her out of the van, according to authorities. He reportedly succeeded, except for the driver's door. Petito climbed through either the door or window and made her way into the van before it drove off, according to authorities. [...]

Police say they stopped the van after seeing it going about 45 mph in a 15-mph zone near Arches National Park. The van swerved out of its lane and hit a curb while being stopped near the park entrance, according to law enforcement.

Can the silent family be compelled to speak to detectives without a subpoena?
Sure, but they can always plead silence on advice of counsel. They cannot be forced to speak ever. They can be threatened with jail, or even be put in jail, they still don't have to speak. I think at some point they'll have to get another attorney and if/when that happens their collective lack of voice could change. At some point, one of three could say something.

Well - it sure seems that the policeman noticed scratches in two places on Brian (he documents that). She cries the whole time, he can't get her version.

Witnesses (three of them) see the couple struggling over a cell phone (Gabby's?)

In the police report, Brian is listed as the "victim" and Gabby is the other party (can't remember the word - "assailant" I think).

The cop who stayed at the scene and helped keep Gabby from arrest or a ticket (one of which is mandatory in an actual DV incident in Utah). He states that she was crying the whole time, had her face in her hands, was rubbing her knees in agitation, and otherwise, I'd say "agitated" the entire time he was there. This is consistent with what the witnesses said, as well.

While police reports are not infallible, I trust them way more than the BF in this case. And I think the police acted in a kindly manner and did not cite Gabby. Instead, they let her go away in her own van (which seems to be part of the fight) and Brian has to go to a hotel (paid for by a domestic violence public interest group).

I just don't think most cops in Utah would risk their whole career by writing up lies that are so specific. But especially, not in Moab.

I do believe that it takes two to tango on public streets.

And next day, I don't think we see pictures of them jointly on her Insta, any more - not until Ogden (where it appears someone was holding the camera, presumably Brian). And Ogden is north of Salt Lake.

So, we have Moab to Salt Lake with no pictures (that I know of), then the hotel stay in Salt Lake while Brian flies home to do something with stuff that's in a storage unit, then flies back to SLC, where they take off north again (see picture of Gabby in Ogden). By August 25, Gabby is in Grand Tetons (according to what she says out loud to her mother).

Moab incident is August 12-13.
Nothing in the police report about offering to take her for an evaluation? It reads like she was barely able to communicate her thoughts, like she was in distress. If the officer concluded that this was a mental health event and not true DV, why weren't trained EMTs called?

Why do we think it was via facetime? Was that mentioned somewhere?

Regardless, it wasn't her phone that was out of power (that we know of), it was local wifi/internet. If she needed that to facetime then I'm guessing they weren't facetiming. MOO

Live updates: Gaby Petito and boyfriend Brian Laundrie got into a physical fight a week before she went missing

I see where Gabby’s mother shared that the Aug 24 call was FaceTime.

Gabby’s mother said she last spoke to her daughter in an August 24 FaceTime call

I’ve wondered if he took her body back to Florida. Because everyone is searching WY & UT.

She could be any place in between. But I don't, personally, think he would have taken that action without some advice from someone. The phone log will help tell that story. If his parents take the 5th or lawyer up, that will be very telling.

I hope they realize that. So far, I'm not impressed with the quality of his legal representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper