Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did find it interesting that a Halloween reference was made at the time it was.
Seemed a bit premature ... or late.
Would have been a bit more explainable had it been a few days earlier, on September 22, the first day of Fall.
From what I have heard, she LOVED Halloween. As someone who also loves Halloween, I made multiple posts about Halloween over the summer. She could've just been excited it was getting closer. :(

I could see Brian exaggerating his experience to impress people based on what I’ve learned about him and the way he writes about himself and his experiences on his IG. They were stopping at cafes and hotels and restaurants and cooking up salmon dinners in their van. Also this is Daily Mail so I don’t give anything they say too much weight.
ok...but what is his ability to Hide?
Guess so far pretty good
I'm not sure this isn't a misdirection... if he is so good why pick this flooded location?

Agree living off grid is easy but being chased and tracked needs whole different skills... time will try....

I talk about the 'plastic' daily...to people who have zero idea or aren't even following it. It just was so weird right? Like he needed the LE to shade his bald head, GP was on her 2nd or 3rd bottle and they were going to fill their 6 gallon jug!! Why not drink the water--I actually thought at that time he didn't want his DNA on anything.. I'm so thankful you brought up the plastic. I can exhale now :)

Not defending BL but his objection seemed to be to single-use plastics like water bottles, versus plastic that is used over and over again, like plastic containers their food was in. The 6 gallon jug was reusable plastic. I'm on a non-single-use plastic campaign myself so I get it. It was just a weird thing for him to bring up during a police stop when it was probably like 100 degrees outside and Gabby was apparently dehydrated. I use single-use plastic bottles more than once if I can and he could have done that too, with an empty water bottle, so he was just being a ****
Like he was being during the entire traffic stop.

BTW there is now a formal investigation into the police response of their August 12 traffic stop.

City of Moab to investigate police response in Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie incident - East Idaho News

Gabby Petito: Search for Brian Laundrie at Carlton Reserve enters fifth day: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

North Port Police call off Carlton Reserve search for Brian Laundrie for the day

The ground search in the Carlton has been halted for the day. Nothing found," North Port Police said. "We will be back at it Friday. A federal arrest warrant has now been issued for Brian Laundrie. Please see @FBIDenver for details."

Laundrie family lawyer responds to FBI arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie
“It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise," Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino told Fox News Digital. "The FBI is focusing on locating Brian and when that occurs the specifics of the charges covered under the indictment will be addressed in the proper forum.”

The FBI announced the arrest warrant on Thursday.

"On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito," FBI Denver posted on Twitter.

READ: FBI releases copy of arrest warrant filed for Brian Laundrie

FBI issues arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie

"On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito," FBI Denver posted on Twitter Thursday evening.

Fox News Digital reporters confront Laundries as they return home from Orlando road trip

Arresting Brian Laundrie's parents 'could be tricky' if no further evidence presented
It "could be tricky" for law enforcement to arrest Brian Laundrie's parents for not sharing information with law enforcement if no further evidence is presented against them, according to a Florida-based criminal defense attorney.

Laundrie, 23, is a person of interest in the FBI's investigation into deceased 22-year-old Gabby Petito's disappearance and homicide.

"If the parents lawyered up very early on and they haven't really made any statements other than to friends prior to this becoming an investigation [into] Brian Laundrie, then it may be kind of tricky. It may be difficult because I'm not sure what crime they committed," Ajay Pallegar, managing attorney at Pallegar Law in Tampa, Florida, told Fox News.

Thanks for the link !
The lavender part I bolded was worth a listen.
Esp. the reporter's question about what if anything did the Laundries' have to say to the Petito family ?
The silence was so insulting.
Couldn't they at least say that they felt badly for Gabby's family ?
She lived with them for two years. :(
MOO

That's what I don't get. There's still the possibility he had her authorization to use the card and they have no way of knowing with certainty that he knew she was dead, assuming he could claim she died of other causes while he wasn't present. A stretch for sure, but it doesn't appear LE has a water tight case on *unauthorized use*. Just MOO
Screenshot_2021-09-23-17-00-29.png Screenshot_2021-09-23-17-00-36.png
This states "...following the death of Gabriella..."
It doesn't say possible death or alledged death. They are sound in what they have said.

If BL had a criminal record, previous charges, arrests, or jail time, would this be something that could be divulged to the public by LE?

Is there any way to find this out?

I talk about the 'plastic' daily...to people who have zero idea or aren't even following it. It just was so weird right? Like he needed the LE to shade his bald head, GP was on her 2nd or 3rd bottle and they were going to fill their 6 gallon jug!! Why not drink the water--I actually thought at that time he didn't want his DNA on anything.. I'm so thankful you brought up the plastic. I can exhale now :)

I think about that too!

A crack in the facade IMO. He was playing the role of this goofy guy, friendly guy, just worried about his crazy girlfriend (his words).

But he just couldn’t help himself, he had to show he’s morally superior, he is above everyone, he doesn’t drink from plastic. Such arrogance.

Never mind that he eats from plastic, like the other poster said. He could’ve been polite and just grab the water… but like I said, couldn’t help himself.

MOO

If she and a parent were on an account together, she had a card and was authorized to use it. Unless the parent allowed BL to use it, he was not authorized whether she was alive or not.
IMO
ETA: It seems it may be the case as someone knew to tell LE about charges after 8/27 ish...
Either LE pulled her financial info or a parent had access to it.
MOO
There was a report out of Illinois that FBI came to a gas station to get the surveillance footage. Walt read that on the live stream with WFLA. So IMO, they know the time of death - or at least a range - & they got him on camera at a gas station on the way home using her card across state lines all the way to FL. But they have to have an idea of TOD from the ME. That’d be the only reason they know she couldn’t have authorized it, right? This is all MOO. But kinda does make sense I think.

Can they prove this, since time of death is still apparently unknown? Also, he could claim he had authorization and no knowledge of her death at the time of use. Just MOO
I mean, he shouldn't have her card in the first place, regardless of if she was dead or not. If she's stranded in Wyoming, she would obviously need access to her money.

The grand jury believed there was enough evidence to justify the charge, which is what matters.

I'm convinced he's going to be facing murder charges in due course, so this only matters for purposes of apprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn