Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems odd that they're just now asking for this, doesn't it ?

YEP!
I always assumed the LE would have asked this way back like Sept. 16th when he was reported missing!
Either they had to get a warrant first or wtf is going on?
I no longer assume Le knows what they are doing. First, huge mistake wasn't keeping at least one officer outside his house for surveillance.

This does seem a bit odd, but maybe they only have presumed DNA samples and not official ones? Though of course anything supplied to them by BL's parents might also be regarded as a presumed DNA sample. And they might have some other reason to enter the house.

I'm more interested in what they're trying to match it to. To expand on @Purplepixii's and others' lists, here are some things they could match it to:
  • A body or other evidence found in the reserve or elsewhere
  • Evidence found on a weapon
  • Evidence on GP's body, such as from under her fingernails if she fought back
JMO

Things handed over by the parent would likely also now include the parents DNA.

IF they found supplies or something hidden somewhere, this could possibly help confirm or deny the parents had also been in that location or handled the items. JMO - and I could be completely off base

Gabby Petito funeral planned for Sunday as Brian Laundrie remains missing: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Woman drove from Trenton, NJ to pay respects: ‘I had to be here’
Gabby Petito’s story has touched many people across the nation – so much so that they felt the need to pay their respects in person, despite having never met or known her personally.

Alene Natale drove two and a half hours from Trenton, New Jersey and stood in line at 11 a.m. to speak with Petito’s father and mother.

“They were really happy that I came,” Natale told Fox News. “She hugged me. Her dad was awesome.”

Natale related how she and her sister had been in abusive relationships, and she felt that Petito’s story could have been her story.

“It felt like me, in a way,” Natale said. “I just had to be here, myself.”

….

New York community honors the life of Gabby Petito as family gathers for funeral

Gabby Petito was ‘the most forgiving person’: ‘She didn’t deserve this,’ friend says
“I’ve been in denial about it from the start,” Corissa Ambrose told Fox News. Ambrose said Petito dated her cousin for about a year between 2013 and 2014.

“Since she first went missing, I did not want to believe that anything bad could have happened to her, and I’m still kind of in denial. It’s hard to take in.”

Ambrose described Petito as the most “free-spirited, kind-hearted soul” who saw the best in everybody.

“You could do no wrong for her,” Ambrose said. “No person deserves this, but her – she didn’t deserve this.”

New York community honors the life of Gabby Petito as family gathers for funeral

FBI retains body, Petito family to use empty urn during service

The Petito family will be using an empty urn during the funeral service today in Blue Point, New York.

The FBI has not released Gabby Petito's body to her family, nor have they provided a timeline as to when they might do so.

Petito's cause of death has not yet been revealed, and the final autopsy report remains to be completed.

Gabby Petito's family establishes Gabby Petito Foundation to help find others who have gone missing

Seems reasonable that parents would comply, seeing as they were the ones who reported him "missing' jmo

Depending on what it was for. They would want to be able to ID a body to see if it's their son but they wouldn't want to help match evidence that could help convict him. IMO.

Things handed over by the parent would likely also now include the parents DNA.

IF they found supplies or something hidden somewhere, this could possibly help confirm or deny the parents had also been in that location or handled the items. JMO - and I could be completely off base
heh heh heh.................jmo

I’m thinking there are at least 3 options
  1. Someone forgot forensics-101 & they don’t have BL’s DNA “in case it’s needed”
  2. They’ve got a body & because of 1. they need DNA to rule him in/out
  3. They’ve located somewhere that shows signs of recent camping & items left behind could contain DNA & because of 1. they had to go collect a sample

I hate to be crass but could they also have found recent human feces? My dad is former LE and they used feces more often than he ever expected they would

YEP!
I always assumed the LE would have asked this way back like Sept. 16th when he was reported missing!
Either they had to get a warrant first or wtf is going on?
I no longer assume Le knows what they are doing. First, huge mistake wasn't keeping at least one officer outside his house for surveillance.

Perhaps their capacity for asking for these samples only became possible once the federal warrant was issued. Prior to that, maybe they had no jurisdiction to make this request for a 'person of interest.'

https://mobile.twitter.com/home

KFOR
@kfor

Watch live: Gabby Petito memorial service on Long Island

https://mobile.twitter.com/kfor/status/1442191123905142787

9NEWS Denver
@9NEWS

'She was always a pretty happy girl': Gabby Petito's funeral held at Moloney's Holbrook Funeral Home in New York

Gabby Petito's funeral held in New York | wtsp.com

The service started at 12 p.m. and will go until 5 p.m. on Sunday at Moloney's Holbrook Funeral Home in Holbrook, New York, according to a tweet from Gabby's dad, Joseph Petito. The funeral is open to the public.

'She was always a pretty happy girl': Gabby Petito's funeral held at Moloney's Holbrook Funeral Home in New York

The Petito family will be using an empty urn during the funeral service today in Blue Point, New York.

The FBI has not released Gabby Petito's body to her family, nor have they provided a timeline as to when they might do so.

Petito's cause of death has not yet been revealed, and the final autopsy report remains to be completed.
The pain never ends...

I tend to think it is available. The 2012 mustang uses the sync system shown here. https://www.ford.com/services/asset...&api_key=0d571406-82e4-2b65-cc885011-048eb263

A
nd Berla has a release from 2017 discussing the sync system. iVe v1.11 Released – Berla.co
Headlining this release is support for SYNC generation 3, the latest version of Ford’s SYNC systems that are used in much of the Ford lineup throughout the world. This particular system stores a wealth of interesting user data that is of an unprecedented quantity and magnitude. In order to parse and graphically display the SYNC generation 3’s velocity log data in a way that is useful for investigators, a new iVe feature has been added to graphically display velocity logs.

Good diving! Makes you go hmmmm. I'm hopeful that this is being looked into by LE.
The Berla site is great.

ETA: Software definitely pricey but small potatoes for LE. Here's hoping they're looking at this or something similar. It could be a gold mine.

Did I catch it right that their lawyer was at the house for the 3 minute FBI ? Isn’t that odd?

Considering their lawyer is also a family friend, I don't see this as strange.

I suspect the Laundries are spending a great deal of time with / communicating with this person on personal and professional levels.

This is interesting. I had assumed she had already been cremated.

https://twitter.com/wflajosh/status/1442192650698956802?s=21

NEW VIDEO. The #FBI entered the #Laundrie house for 3 minutes. According to their attorney: The FBI requested some personal items belonging to #BrianLaundrie to assist them with #DNA matching and Brian’s parents provided the FBI with what they could. (via @BrianEntin)
First I thought they had phoned in advance and tod them what was needed so they just came to collect the results of their phonecall. But 3 agents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn