Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it goes way back to a time when torture was used to elicit confessions, among other things. Without wanting to take up too much room and turn this into a long elaborate post about the 5th Amendment, the origins and further details about how and why it came to be are described in detail in the link provided.

In a nutshell, BL can’t be forced to speak by anyone including LE as he hasn’t been arrested and charged with any crime as of yet, therefore, he is free to choose whether he comes forward and says something, to cooperate with LE, or not. Having said that, do I personally think BL has a moral obligation to come forward cooperate and speak to LE regardless, yes absolutely.
This is his fiancé and he is the last known person to have seen/been with her. Presumably, at least at one time BL loved GP, so yes I think it’s morally reprehensible that he hasn’t willingly stepped up to the plate and tell LE what happened the last time he and GP were together, and the exact location of their last interaction.

His fiancé is missing, time is of the essence and imo the right thing to do is to cooperate with LE, just as LE and GP’s heartsick parents have implored him to do. But for some unknown reason, BL is choosing not to come forward and disclose what his last interaction with Gabby was and provide the location of said interaction.
The question is, why would he not want to give LE and GP’s worried, heartsick parents this critical. crucial information? I do find it highly suspicious that he won’t answer these, what seem to me to be simple questions, and really begs the question/s for me, why is he withholding this crucial information? What is he possibly hiding/hiding from?
I can only guess, but IMO truly Innocent people that don’t have anything to hide, hide nothing ,and especially in the case of a missing loved one when time is of the essence and the clock is ticking.
I mean, how bad must something be that you won’t come forward and share crucial information about yours and others’ missing loved one??
IMO, by not coming forward and withholding this important information, BL is making things worse, wasting LE time and resources, causing GP parents and family members additional undue pain, and drawing more suspicion upon himself.

I mean, if you are truly innocent of any wrongdoing and have nothing to hide, man-up come forward and give LE and GP’s parents the answers they desperately need, just tell the truth. Simple as that.
Unless…..

IMHOO
".....further details about how and why it came to be are described in detail in the link provided...."..........link please?

Was thinking the same, wondering why one like this blows up while one like that following Kierra Coles (for example) does not. There are certain stories we are culturally drawn to, and there are a lot of commonalities between them

This case came on the national news radio when I was driving earlier today.

I think it's getting so much attention because it is a young, pretty, blonde girl from Long Island living an influencer lifestyle. The New York media picked this up early because of her connection to Suffolk county. Once the NY Post is covering something, coverage picks up.

It's also many parents' nightmare: their daughter goes to live in a van with some punk and ends up missing.

interesting... what's worse than being suspected of disappearing your fiance/girlfriend? being connected to a double homicide I would say.....
turning up the heat on BL...
well done LE
JMO

Even if BL has nothing to do with it, the fact that LE is publicly floating the possibility he was involved makes sure BL knows he’s a marked man and will not be able to escape scrutiny from not only LE, but the public as well.

I think the answer is in the time line.
It makes no sense to fly to FL, fly back to Utah only to break up and take HER van back to FL.
I can't put my finger on it but the answer is in there.
Perhaps he went home the first time to put further distance and rethink the relationship, leaving her in the hotel. And he came back to try again. Doesn't sound like she had the confidence to drive it home alone.

Hmmm. So maybe she'd been hiding their conflicts from her parents all along? She wasn't on the phone with her parents, when the police spoke to them in Moab?
Yeah most people don't want their parents knowing how screwed up their relationship is at times. People want to portray things are peachy always, it's human nature.

".....further details about how and why it came to be are described in detail in the link provided...."..........link please?

You are just going to have to research the history of the 5th Amendment if you are interested. The state has the burden to prove you committed a crime for which the state is entitled to take away your liberty, the most valuable of all rights. You don't have to help them do it. Here are some resources from Cornell: Fifth Amendment

Even if BL has nothing to do with it, the fact that LE is publicly floating the possibility he was involved makes sure BL knows he’s a marked man and will not be able to escape scrutiny from not only LE, but the public as well.
exactly and what about the other murder victim in that area???? will that be the next tweet? does 3 meet the definition of serial killer?

How did they have money for her to stay 7 nights at a hotel when days before he didn't have money for one night and thats why the officer arranged a hotel for him for the night?

A few things stick out to me! 1. He told the Police he didn’t have a phone and then later he has a phone. Why lie about having a phone? Doesn’t want LE to see where he has been? 2. She describes while sitting in the Police car how he put his hands on her face and she squeezes her face and then puts her hand by her neck. Maybe his scratches came earlier doing this event? 3. It’s very hot and he refuses water. No DNA left on any bottle. 4. The Cop initially says he has to drive fast to catch up with him and he wasn’t pulling over. GP said she hit him to get him to pull over! So… why didn’t he want to pull over? Does LE know time of death for the other two victims? He seems to be hiding something: lie about having a phone and not pulling the van over willingly?

From the press conference:

Todd Garrison, the police chief in North Port, said no criminality is suspected at this time. No physical search teams are currently on the ground as investigators are working to narrow down areas to investigate, he said. "We have resources and law enforcement partners that are out in the field following up tips and leads but as far as a grid search right now, we're still trying to narrow down geographic areas," he said in a news conference Thursday.”

Whaaaa? No ground search? I surely thought they’d at least be looking! Drones? Dogs from campsite or known point?

Reporter asked great question regarding an earlier statement by BL’s mom, “what happened in WY happened in WY”… Missed that earlier. She didn’t say UT. To me that means GP is in WY, not btwn there & FL. BL’s parents know exactly what happened & exactly where she is. Imo. I hope they have friends who exert pressure/disapproval. Squeeze til they crack.

Garrison said they are still analyzing the van & available tech. In Mollie T’s case that took about 1 month iirc. Then arrest.

Police ask public for help in search for missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito

So the fight occurred outside of the Moonflower Co-Op at the end of the day, and they had previously spent 6 hours inside a coffee shop. It could have been in the Moonflower Cafe, where on of the females who was murdered worked. They have a very nice eating area.

Also, what strikes me after watching the video was money. BL said they had very little and not enough for a room (there's cheap lodging in town, hostels). Family reportedly had been sending them money. But this couple still had a long journey ahead. Money troubles can stress anyone. I'm wondering, if they had no money here, on Aug. 12, how BL got money to fly home, and GP paid for a hotel in SLC.
SIX HOURS in a coffee shop? Has anyone on this WS ever spent six hours in a coffee shop??
A restaurant, bar, perhaps yes, but a coffee shop?
What went on there....

BL's apologies to the officers for speeding creeped me out.

[QUOTE="MsBetsy, post: 17079895, member: 227504"

BL was the one speeding, going 45 miles per hour in a 15 mile per hour speed zone, and she was trying to get him to stop.

No witness saw her punching him, she was slapping him and he grabbed her by the face and pushed her away.

According to one of the officers, she did have marks on her face. Grabbing someone by the face to push them sounds pretty aggressive to me.

IMO[/QUOTE]

RSBM. I think you are on to something here. I suspect that not only was Gabby unaware that she was a victim, I think he gaslighted her into thinking she was the aggressor, based on what I've watched of the body cam footage so far. My brothers used to do this to me all the time -- say horrible things to me, make fun of me, pick on me, until I lost it then I would get in trouble for making a scene/hitting one of them. And he is giving me ALL those vibes. All of them.
This seems quite possible to me too

Could Gabbie potentially have gone to camp at the dispersed camping ground where the two women lived on the evening of the 12th, wanting to stay close to where Brian was in Moab, and not their reserved spot further away?

Last edited:
SIX HOURS in a coffee shop? Has anyone on this WS ever spent six hours in a coffee shop??
A restaurant, bar, perhaps yes, but a coffee shop?
What went on there....
I often have, especially when traveling and needing to work on the internet. I'm a PhD student so a very different life and job, but 6 hours doesn't strike me as strange, especially if she was working hard on her online presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member