Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I have to ask what is an abuser in a normal sense? I’ve done so much research on abusers because I was abused and they come in all forms, age and sizes including being female. I just wonder what your interpretation is that makes him different. I promise I’m not being argumentative I’m just curious, although this is a touchy subject for a lot of people and we know gabbys family keep referring to domestic abuse and learning about it to help stop it, so they clearly think this is what happened and they’re privy to more information than us. Please can people research and look up the myths surrounding abuse, for all the abused out there and so we can all learn.

I think that the stereotypical abuse victim is trapped by isolation, no resources, possibly dependent children with, or economically dependent on the abuser, maybe poor judgment clouded by alcohol or drug addiction, inability to get a job, no transportation, etc. GP does not fit this stereotype at all. From the outside looking on, at least, she appears to have been a competent adult with options. IMO I think that the LE who stopped GP and BL did not see GP as powerless* and did not think that the situation was as dire as it later turned out, IMO. I also think that this case is so gripping and so newsworthy because the result was not just tragic but a shock. We do not, however, know everything that occurred between GP and BL and of course a person can be powerful in a number of ways and still be abused (Jennifer Dulos comes to mind) but we do not have a lot of information about all the prior history of GP and BL. All IMHO. (*Since I am getting out all my saved up IMOs, I did think it was weird that LE decided that GP was the abuser and BL the "victim," but I think, IMO, that both their physical injuries seemed minor- no medical treatment- so LE thought they were just scuffling with each other and that a temporary separation would solve that.)

In the US, the words "attorney" and "lawyer" are interchangeable. IIRC, the English word for American "attorney" who does advising and lawyer-y kinds of things is "solicitor". Attorneys in the US also appear in court before a judge; I'm thinking in UK, the court aspect is not handled by a "solicitor", but by a legal person called a "barrister".
And in some parts of the US, a “solicitor” is a prosecuting attorney, a “district attorney”.

I think I'm missing something. Doesn't family usually help in the search for loved ones. If only to put up missing person posters. Why now is BL's dad helping? Why are they announcing this event? No mom, no sister, no brother in-law helping? RIP Gabby
For one thing, he is a fugitive, not a missing person. They may be trying to soften his dad up by separating him from his wife, though.. they are a stoic team together, and maybe dad wants to start talking. Possible, but we shall see. They might have sort of assented to the suggestion of the lawyer that CL wants to
help", knowing that FBI would probably not agree to it. jmo

Wanting to add that 2nd group of searchers to the map I previously posted today, I had to look at the Fox 13 Heli / Chopper footage 3 times to figure out where they were located. Only then did I gain proper perspective and discover there are actually 2 bridges on the Power Line Trail.

So… we’ve a slight revision to the previous map I posted earlier today in this thread, #54 & that previous map should now be disregarded.

To recap:

They (IMO, FBI) were on the Power Line Trail at the Carlton Reserve.

Numerous LE vehicles (including the 2 Black SUV’s which were referred to in a response earlier) & the large white van with a pale blue striped awning / canopy was actually parked on a 2nd bridge further west from the bridge that goes over the Big Slough Canal. A black & orange buggy was seen going back and forth between a 2nd group of LE vehicles to the east along the Power Line Trail and the large white van with the awning / canopy.

Attached is the UPDATED map marking:

1) Power Line Trail (orange)

2) Updated location of the white van w. Canopy (white)

3) The location of the 2nd group of searchers (yellow)

4) Laundrie house. (red)

The search in the swamp had dramatically scaled back in recent days, so I had no intention of making a map however, solely because of the escalation in LE’s search today, the presence of that large white van with a canopy and now BL's dad, Chris Laundrie's sudden involvement in the search for Brian… something whispered to me: “MAP IT OUT, and not just for myself but for everyone... so we can get our bearings.

Attachments

• 1 Power Line Trail . Bridge . LE Vehicles . Laundrie House - Copy.png
    1 Power Line Trail . Bridge . LE Vehicles . Laundrie House - Copy.png
    949.6 KB · Views: 80
I agree, and most youtubers just plunk their camera in front of them and talk or do mundane things for those 20 minutes, with a bit of graphics and some clips interspersed. IMO Gabby crafted an 8 minute music video/love poem, something from her heart, not just 'content'.

IMO discussing the social media is only relevant because it was produced just before she died, so it does reflect her state of mind (ie not wanting to break up with Brian, her visions for her future), and secondly, IMO it's a big reason why her case captured so much attention. On the one hand there's her social media, on the other there's the Moab video and her disappearance/death, and the two do not align at all.
Great post. I agree that Gabby's Van Life video expresses her positive energy, idealism and love, which is what so many people are drawn to. She was charismatic and had so much potential! But the facts of the case show us the harsh reality she was dealing with in a failing relationship on the road to nowhere, and that's a tragedy.

Wanting to add that 2nd group of searchers to the map I previously posted today, I had to look at the Fox 13 Heli / Chopper footage 3 times to figure out where they were located. Only then did I gain proper perspective and discover there are actually 2 bridges on the Power Line Trail.

So… we’ve a slight revision to the previous map I posted earlier today in this thread, #54 & that previous map should now be disregarded.

To recap:

They (IMO, FBI) were on the Power Line Trail at the Carlton Reserve.

Numerous LE vehicles (including the 2 Black SUV’s which were referred to in a response earlier) & the large white van with a pale blue striped awning / canopy was actually parked on a 2nd bridge further west from the bridge that goes over the Big Slough Canal. A black & orange buggy was seen going back and forth between a 2nd group of LE vehicles to the east along the Power Line Trail and the large white van with the awning / canopy.

Attached is the UPDATED map marking:

1) Power Line Trail (orange)

2) Updated location of the white van w. Canopy (white)

3) The location of the 2nd group of searchers (yellow)

4) Laundrie house. (red)

The search in the swamp had dramatically scaled back in recent days, so I had no intention of making a map however, solely because of the escalation in LE’s search today, the presence of that large white van with a canopy and now BL's dad, Chris Laundrie's sudden involvement in the search for Brian… something whispered to me: “MAP IT OUT, and not just for myself but for everyone... so we can get our bearings.

this is great! Maybe you could add where the parked mustang was found???

Laundrie attorney Mr. Bertolino says Chris Laundrie was asked to help police in search at the reserve today.

Full Bertolino statement:

"Chris Laundrie was asked to assist law enforcement in their search for Brian at the preserve today. Since the preserve has been closed to the public Chris has not been able to look for Brian in the only place Chris and Roberta believe Brian may be. Unfortunately North Port police had to postpone Chris’ involvement but Chris and Roberta are hopeful there will be another opportunity to assist."

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1445901972435922950?s=21

You called it !! :cool:

Walked it back pretty quick.:oops:

I agree, and most youtubers just plunk their camera in front of them and talk or do mundane things for those 20 minutes, with a bit of graphics and some clips interspersed. IMO Gabby crafted an 8 minute music video/love poem, something from her heart, not just 'content'.

IMO discussing the social media is only relevant because it was produced just before she died, so it does reflect her state of mind (ie not wanting to break up with Brian, her visions for her future), and secondly, IMO it's a big reason why her case captured so much attention. On the one hand there's her social media, on the other there's the Moab video and her disappearance/death, and the two do not align at all.

After <modsnip> girl goes missing, the glaring illustration of the falseness of Instagram and other SM influencers is probably the biggest thing that grabbed attention. For me its those and that they were vanlifers that drew my attention. But then the blaring sound of silence coming from the laundries, all these twists and turns and totally unexpected events have kept it gripping peoples attention. I mean, the chief says, "We know where he is" and then the next day, "Um, well, we don't. He ran off days ago."

Last edited by a moderator:
My Irish twins are 22, and 23, and my bonus sons are 22, 23, 24; while not glued to their phones, they do carry them in the woods, when camping, when hunting, and on their boats. He has a phone and a solar charger, imo.

Two trails go into Myakka from Carlton.

From a local's point of view...
The old Florida cattle trail can be followed from Carlton into Myakka and all the way up to Georgia. Avid hikers and outdoorsman know it. There is no map (that I know of) for it.

Carlton Reserve had the first dipping stations for cattle in FL, and they were dispersed all the way up to Georgia before the cattle could be put on a train.
Follow the dipping stations (concrete bowls in the ground) and you can make your way easily into Georgia.

would there ordinarily be fall deer hunting at the Reserve?

Talking to dad separately is a good idea. If he loves his daughter he may be finally having guilt about this situation - and may be starting to see reality - unlike the mom whose sole goal appears to be to defend her murdering son over and above everything else.

If they can separate dad from mom for a bit, dad will crack and it will be 2 against 2 within the family instead of 3 against 1. Then we will see how long mom lasts in her stance. If she cracks or is given up by dad, BL will be caught. I said this before.

I'm just about ready to bail out on this saga until something of substance comes to light. A terrible tragedy complicated by dead ends, mcguffins, sorrow, anguish, grandstanding and the rotting corpse of a guileless girl being lain out in the center ring of an insatiable circus.
I need a break.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members