Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito autopsy: Wyoming coroner to give update Tuesday

To Note from link above:
•The press conference will be held at 12:30 p.m. MT and is limited to members of the press, according to a Teton County spokesperson.
•The final autopsy report will likely include Petito's time and cause of death, which may help investigators determine who killed her.

The unusual silence from SB over the last few days has me curious.....
I feel like it's because no one has had anything to ask him about since the search CL assisted in was a flop. All the immediate questions were already asked and there's been no new developments. Someone needs to ask him something just to get him chatty again!

A lease would suffice for ID but I've seen no evidence that Gabby rented a room at the Laundrie home.

If she resided there, she lived there. It doesn't matter if she paid rent or not. I'm not sure what the point is? Am I missing something?
You are allowed to obtain an ID or DL's in Florida with those requirements whether she paid rent or not.

Do you have a source for this? I haven't heard about any other sightings in Ogden, and as a local, I don't know of any shops there that are only open on the weekends, especially during the summer.
Is there a farmer's market? jmo

Could be that they will release the details to try to influence/pressure anyone who might be harboring BL.
If someone knew how bad things might have been in a homicide (as opposed to what BL may have told them), they may decide to call in a tip to the FBI "Psst ... BL is here".
true. I don't think Manner of death will change. IMO if her passing suddenly goes from homicide to natural or accidental. . . BL wouldn't be that much of a POI would he? JMO.

“The final autopsy report will likely include Petito's time and cause of death, which may help investigators determine who killed her.”

IMO, toxicology and any other contributing factors will be released and the manner of death will remain homicide.

Thanks for this.

To Note from link above:
•The press conference will be held at 12:30 p.m. MT and is limited to members of the press, according to a Teton County spokesperson.
•The final autopsy report will likely include Petito's time and cause of death, which may help investigators determine who killed her.

As I said earlier, tomorrow is going to be a very busy day here on WS.

Especially since that victim lived with them for two years and went camping with them (De Soto in Feb/Mar) and was going to be welcomed to the family as a daughter, due to the impending marriage. That's what makes their behavior so hard to understand or forgive. JMO.

Maybe, BL and Gabby decided to go on a van camping road trip was to get out of the house, maybe BL's parents didn't care for them living there or were controlling?
Or didn't approve of them dating.
Things might have gone bad way before the van trip.
Imagine living with bf's parents during a pandemic lockdown. Maybe no one was getting along.

true. I don't think Manner of death will change. IMO if her passing suddenly goes from homicide to natural or accidental. . . BL wouldn't be that much of a POI would he? JMO.
Accidental could still fall under the definition of homicide. Homicide simply means death of a person by another person.

A homicide is a broad class of crimes where an individual takes the life of another individual. At common law, criminal homicide is divided into three categories: murder, voluntary manslaughter, and involuntary manslaughter.

Homicide Crimes: Murder

an accidental death could be considered manslaughter.

We don't know where GP received her mail. We don't know when she got her license. We don't know the addresses listed on the credit/debit accounts that BL is accused of stealing. But I do know her father has made it very clear the van belonged to GP and I'm betting he helped her buy it, insure it, register it. JMO

I don't doubt her dad may have bought the van and paid the insurance. Maybe paid the property tax as well. Even without paying rent, earnings from jobs like Taco Bell only go so far. And we know GP and BL traveled to the west coast before the current trip. Both trips would have been expensive. Chances are they liked to do things like go out to eat even when not on cross-country trips.

And no, we don't know when GP got her FL license except it was before she was 21 since it was vertical. And to comply with the law, she'd have to have gotten it within 30 days of moving to Florida.

New Resident - Welcome to Florida!.

And you are right we don't know where she got her mail. But I'd think to get it in NY would have been pretty inconvenient. And dad didn't live in FL when she first got there.

None of us truly know what GP thought about much of anything. So we project our own thoughts and feelings onto her. But I know when I was 20-21 and didn't live at home, I would not have wanted all my mail to go to my parents' house. And honestly, I can't imagine living with someone yet not feeling it was enough of my home to get my mail there. But maybe that's what she thought. Sad.
JMO

If they give a COD without him in custody I worry it's a signal that they are acknowledging his trail has gone cold - assuming it ever was hot, or even lukewarm. MOO
There may be an indictment for murder coming down the pike. I wonder how much things may change, if that happens before he is in custody? jmo

Years ago we had a thread where members just joked and got to know each other better....we linked 100's? of music YT videos and had a good time.

This case has been very hard on a lot of members, wish we could have a thread again where we could post some of our personal histories and maybe help to see why people feel the way they do with under less stress....and maybe make friends even if we have no agreements...this is a hard case for sure.
Anyone can start a private conversation and invite their friends or anyone they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member