Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened? Was the thread closed all day? lol I've been working my butt off and I see I hardly missed a thing!

The significant thing they did today was bring in a K9 cadaver dog again, to the reserve. (An affiliated person said it is not the first time they have brought in a cadaver dog during this investigation.) This dog is apparently in high demand in the area.

Most reports I have seen say that the water in the reserve is receding, so this may be why they have the cadaver dog there again. To see if they can find remains.

Presumably this is to find BL, or to count out that he died there. imo

Last edited:
I smell a murder warrant coming soon…

September 26: The FBI requested some personal items belonging to Brian to assist with DNA matching & parents provided with what they could.

October 5: The actual signed autopsy report.

Law enforcement took DNA samples from Petito’s body and did not elaborate.

Investigators add cadaver dog to ongoing search for Brian Laundrie in Florida's vast Carlton Reserve

Oct 14
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office, located about an hour and a half from the reserve, told NBC affiliate New York 4 that investigators requested a human remains detection dog. A spokeswoman for the office told the outlet that the request for the dog was made by both the FBI and the local North Port police department.
This is misleading…the cadaver dog has been out at the reserve before, several times.Per BE, “It’s not the first time they have been called there.”
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1448678659267735555?s=21

MOO indeed. Speaking of which, for those of you who have and rely on MOO type disclaimers in your sig, please note that sigs are not seen by non-members or people that are not signed in. Therefore we kindly ask you all to state in your posts explicitly when you are posting an opinion. That is all. Carry on.

All MOO.
1. If BL is in the reserve, he’s dead.
2. If BL is alive, he went west.
3. Not a fan of intimidation on any level.
4. True anxiety is crippling without medication.
5. Your choice of reading material does not turn you into a killer.
6. Your choice of artwork does not make you a killer.
7. Peaceful protesting is a great thing. Protesting to get more clicks isn’t so great.
8. I feel we might know 1% of what the FBI knows. Therefore, I can’t make any judgments about BL’s parents. We don’t know when or what he told them.
MOO
Agree with everything but #8. We know that whatever he told them was not likely the true story and they had to know that on sept 10 , or 11 when they were desperately contacted by G's family.jmo........this is my opinion oops I don't think he went west, either, but no idea.

Last edited:
MOO indeed. Speaking of which, for those of you who have and rely on MOO type disclaimers in your sig, please note that sigs are not seen by non-members or people that are not signed in. Therefore we kindly ask you all to state in your posts explicitly when you are posting an opinion. That is all. Carry on.

In my opinion, this makes good sense.

MOO.

IMO what I see in Joe Petito is a man who said on TV that he was 20 when he had Gabby, and that she saved his life. I can infer that he may have been going down the wrong path and the responsibility of young fatherhood straightened him out, even if he and Nichole did not stay together.

Many fathers are overprotective of their daughters when it comes to dating. Maybe especially because he became a father straight out of his teen years and he didn’t want that for Gabby.

Maybe that led him to tease her boyfriends, whether in fun or as a bit of a snide reminder that the boyfriend is not currently as important as a dad. I have no idea, I’m just speculating. We don’t know what tone he used, and that makes all the difference.

There are too many absentee dads in this world and IMO a protective one is worth his weight in gold. And Gabby was blessed with a stepfather who seems to have loved her as his own.

I believe that any boyfriend who didn’t like being teased or perhaps insulted should be free to think “well, if he’s going to be my father-in-law, I’m out of here,” and then leave the relationship.

BUT if any boyfriend or fiancé felt so emasculated by this that he turned on his girlfriend and strangled her? I just don’t think those dots are connected. JMO.

If his “treatment” of Brian was so offensive to the Laundries, all of that should come crashing down once they got a phone call that she was missing and last seen with Brian. Who could hold a minor grudge against a family when they get news like that?

I don't think the death penalty is going to be in play. There is not a single man on federal death row for the <modsnip> strangulation murder of a girlfriend or wife.

List of Federal Death-Row Prisoners | Death Penalty Information Center

Barnette, Marcivicci Aquilia
Convicted and sentenced to death for the killing of his ex-girlfriend.

Gabrion, Marvin
Convicted and sentenced to death for killing a woman on federal land.

Jackson, Richard Allen
Convicted and sentenced to death for the fatal shooting of a woman while on federal property in North Carolina.

The list goes on and on for all those "Convicted and sentenced to death for the killing of ..."

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this will be a death penalty case, and I really couldn't care less. He will not do well in prison, and that'll be punishment enough.

First things first though, gotta find him.

I would think that the girl would apologise profusely for the bad behavior of her father privately to the guy AND privately that she would let her father know in no uncertain terms that he is an a$$ and don't ever do that again. jmo

Nahh, it obviously didn't bother Brian, and he strikes me as one who may be sensitive to such comments.

moo

All MOO.
1. If BL is in the reserve, he’s dead.
2. If BL is alive, he went west.
3. Not a fan of intimidation on any level.
4. True anxiety is crippling without medication.
5. Your choice of reading material does not turn you into a killer.
6. Your choice of artwork does not make you a killer.
7. Peaceful protesting is a great thing. Protesting to get more clicks isn’t so great.
8. I feel we might know 1% of what the FBI knows. Therefore, I can’t make any judgments about BL’s parents. We don’t know when or what he told them.
MOO
All MO:
1. BL could be alive or dead, in or out of the Reserve
2. If BL is alive or dead he could be East , West,Nort, South, or in place
3. I do not like intimidation either
4. True anxiety can be crippling even with medication
5. Choice of reading material doesn’t make you a killer
6. Choice of artwork doesn’t make you a killer
7. Peaceful protesting, not to be intimidating or mean, especially to those who might be at the brink , when they might be where many could be
8. We might not even know 1% of what LE does. Or what they have told the Laundries and what the Laundries have told them

The significant thing they did today was bring in a K9 cadaver dog again, to the reserve. (An affiliated person said it is not the first time they have brought in a cadaver dog during this investigation.) This dog is apparently in high demand in the area.

Most reports I have seen say that the water in the reserve is receding, so this may be why they have the cadaver dog there again. To see if they can find remains.

Presumably this is to find BL, or to count out that he died there. imo

Thanks so much for the rundown. I saw a giant gap in posts between this morning and this evening and thought something had to have happened here or on another thread.

With cadaver dogs out now at the preserve, are they now assuming that BL is dead?
A distinct possibility IMO

MOO I think they have been assuming that from the beginning, with a small caveat that they did go into the search pretty armed so they may have also thought he may be alive but suicidal - with suicide by cop being on the menu. But also, SWAT and other elite LE forces love their gear and will wear it every chance they get because you just never know when you will need it. If I were seeing large police presence quickly showing up at the more likely BL sightings and doing a search, I might be more inclined to believe they think he is on the run. But that hasn't been happening, so I still lean heavily toward dead in a swamp and they have reason to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper