Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just occurred to me that, assuming BL is hiding out in the reserve, there would be a better chance of someone finding him if the park is open to the public. But it has been closed ever since they started searching. This tells me that the either think there is evidence or a crime scene somewhere in the reserve that can't be disturbed, or they think BL is a danger to the public. I don't personally believe that as it seems like what happened was a more personal crime, but who knows? MOO.

Gabby's journal was filled with drawings related to her personal experiences

In a Facebook post celebrating the 22-year-old vlogger’s life, Brandon Williams described the relationship the two had.

Forensic scientist Jennifer Shen told The Sun that investigators may go through Gabby’s possessions to find out what her relationship with Laundrie was like.

“This could include a diary, bank records, personal records, anything that could shed insight into their lives together,” Shen said.

As the investigation continues, Shen says there will be "more and more evidence" into Gabby and Laundrie's relationship, which will have many wondering why no one saw red flags.

"These questions will linger, and may help lead to better practices when faced with observing, living with, or identifying toxic relationships," she told The Sun.
Gabby kept journals with drawings that could give crucial clues in case

And there's this about Jennifer Shen (cited in the article). Only for reference. Nothing more. Nothing less. Caught my attention that she was labelled only with her prior employment, not with her current job.

https://www.voiceofsandiego.org/top...ially-out-following-rape-kit-testing-scandal/

I wish i could find the link but some of you might have watch the same interview here and remember hearing it. Back in September I believe on WFLA, jB was on with another guy and I cant remember his name but he had told JB that a phychic had been in touch with him and it was a phychic that has helped LE before and she told him that Brian would be caught on October 18th and that he had written that down just to see what would happen that day....That has stuck in my mind ever since he said it and here we are, almost to that day Im curious to see!!!!

Welcome to Websleuths !

I was alarmed by the first account of the sister saying she hadn't seen him ; then afterwards amended to yes she'd possibly seen BL ?
The family lawyer SB did say that the interviewer/reporter may not have posed the question correctly ?
So there's that.
Imo.
MOO, yes , the answer was somewhat out of context but I believe she was also a bit deceptive in that interview and the second one too. There is a lot she knows snd is t revealing , in part, I’m sure because LE has advised her to keep quiet but I suspect her primary interest is in safeguarding her own hide and that of her family’s. Again , MOO, she’s playing it both ways. Her parents, are very clear in that they are outright going to exercise their rights under the law and say nothing without going through an attorney. I believe they are not lying because in such a process, your lawyer is going to insist you play it straight or shut up, and they look like they have gone by such rules all of their lives. In my opinion, they should not be harangued the way they are. Many if not most parents would do as they are, and a lot may outright lie , deceive and abet which is why so many believe Laundries are doing just that.

It just occurred to me that, assuming BL is hiding out in the reserve, there would be a better chance of someone finding him if the park is open to the public. But it has been closed ever since they started searching. This tells me that the either think there is evidence or a crime scene somewhere in the reserve that can't be disturbed, or they think BL is a danger to the public. I don't personally believe that as it seems like what happened was a more personal crime, but who knows? MOO.
I think if LE was worried that BL was alive in there and a real threat to others, they would have all entrances taped off and maybe even officers present at all times. Idk, though.

Nick Valencia @CNNValencia via Twitter – 10/15 11:52AM
Police were back out near the Carlton Reserve this morning. They’re at the same spot where Brian Laundrie’s father helped law enforcement last week and where the Laundrie’s mustang was the subject of an abandoned vehicle report on 9/14. Police tape is down & search teams are gone

ETA - I hope his body is found. I notice many others wish for a different, much more dramatic ending but suicide loomed as a large possibility from the very onset of this tragedy IMO.
This is what I’m hoping for, too, because if he’s in the reserve I think he probably committed suicide weeks ago. If he was holed up or on the run, it wouldn’t be there.

What exactly are the risks of an innocent person talking to LE? Just talking to them, from the confines and protection of his own home. As BL could have and should have done immediately, with his lawyer present. I can see no risk to him whatsoever but maybe I'm not imaginative enough. You can talk to cops with your lawyer present. He didn't even do that.

If he was innocent there would be nothing at all for them to "catch" him saying or doing.

If he was partially guilty there would be, but whatever he did he should take responsibility and tell LE and the Petitos what happened instead of running like a coward.

BL's a privileged young man living with his parents in "good" neighborhood. Nothing was going to happen to him from talking to LE, IMO.

Every defense lawyer in the country will tell you otherwise.

Anyone who has killed another person in the way Gabby was killed is a danger because they have shown they will kill a person. Even though BL is not accused of this crime , there is that likelihood that he did it. Also, cornered rats can be dangerous.

Not to mention crack pots that want to be vigilantes. Throw innocents that might go in there and you have a recipe for disaster. Also any clues could be destroyed.

I think if LE was worried that BL was alive in there and a real threat to others, they would have all entrances taped off and maybe even officers present at all times. Idk, though.

Yes that's true. I don't really think he is a general public danger for that and other reasons. I just thought of this and it is a little puzzling to me. Maybe they want to be able to more easily monitor who does come and go? Or I for all I know, maybe they close it when water levels are high for safety reasons or something. MOO

I wish i could find the link but some of you might have watch the same interview here and remember hearing it. Back in September I believe on WFLA, jB was on with another guy and I cant remember his name but he had told JB that a phychic had been in touch with him and it was a phychic that has helped LE before and she told him that Brian would be caught on October 18th and that he had written that down just to see what would happen that day....That has stuck in my mind ever since he said it and here we are, almost to that day Im curious to see!!!!
Yes I remember this!! JB was talking with Walt & that’s what Walt said. I had forgotten about that. Lol.

BBM: Everyone knows this. Just because an action/inaction is lawful, doesn't mean that it's morally decent. Then again, I'd not expect a person who, IMO, has killed a person(not in self-defense)to be morally decent. BL has done exactly what was to be expected from him. MOO.

Based on some posts, apparently everyone doesn't know that in the US people can't be compelled to speak to LE.

I do hope BL is found. But trashing the right to remain silent is too high a price to pay to catch a person charged with unauthorized use of a credit card. Or even a POI in a murder. That right is more important than the Laundries.

JMO

The Motion for Detention Hearing directly states:

"The Court should detain the defendant because there are no conditions of release which will reasonably assure [...] safety of any other person and the community."

Motion for Detention Hearing – #2 in United States v. Laundrie (D. Wyo., 0:21-cr-00113) – CourtListener.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810