Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But she wasn't killed during the commission of that felony. She was killed prior to it. I didn't intend to make this complicated. Sorry about that. Maybe this will clarify it better. Murder is a felony that requires intent. BL can try to argue there was "no intent to kill" and seek a lesser charge (manslaughter, depraved heart, whatever). But, there are certain felonies (violent, mostly) where if you are committing them and someone unintentionally ends up dead, it doesn't matter if you intended to kill them or not. You can get charged with murder. Not manslaughter - voluntary or involuntary, or depraved heart, etc. The crime you were in the process of committing is enough to capture it as murder. That's "Felony-Murder" (an unintentional killing occurring during the commission of a separate, violent, felony). Not sure if that makes sense. BL won't be on hook for felony murder because GP was not killed in the commission of those felonies and those felonies are likely not of the class for which felony murder would apply anyway. If he is charged he will be charged with some degree of murder - which is a felony, and where it goes from there is anyone's guess at this point. MOO JMO IMO

I think strangulation is an incredibly violent murder that isn't instantaneous. jmo

What if he was already set up for a long while and never had to come out of the house? They certainly had time to plan this. I hope all his parents properties are being watched, but what about the L's friends and other family? Idk because it seems that the search has been focused on Carlton Reserve. Jmo

Im sure LE has surveillance on any properties owned by the Laundries. It would be easy to get a warrant to search them if they are vacant but LE thought that BL was holed up in one. But why wouldn’t they have any rentals occupied by renters?

GP does not appear to have had a pharmacy tech license: https://mqa-internet.doh.state.fl.us/MQASearchServices/HealthCareProviders/IndexPaged?page=1

And per the state of Florida, licensed nutritionists are required to have a bachelor’s degree, which AFAIK, she didn’t have. Learn About Licensees | Florida Department of Health

MOO
I'm thinking this is another instance of "telephone" where words get changed as they are shared from one source to the next.

My guess is that she was a Pharmacy Assistant, and somewhere along the line someone mistakenly referred to the job as a Pharmacy Tech. MOO

i'll just put it this way...if the story WAS retracted, it might not necessarily be because it is not true...i also don't think any news agency would allow stories less than a month old to disappear from their website, especially on a case with as much interest as this one has...MOO...i also think if this story is true, MSM would be all over it unless they were asked not to...again, MOO...
Yes the Illinois news station took down the story about the use of the credit cards - who knows why? But the day that story was published I was watching the live search for BL on Florida news station WFLA and they had confirmed the story by phone with the Illinois station. I will look around for some confirmation of that.

Wouldn't that be on the top of the US Marshals' list of places to check, though?

It would be very hard for the parents to help him undetected, IMO.

Yes, I agree … this isn’t the FBI’s first rodeo, so I’m confident they have done meticulous searches of anything associated with BL’s family members. Usually during a trial we learn of extensive investigations of financial records, phone records, property records, etc. etc. Just because we’re not hearing about every detail in the media does not mean LE of any branch is sitting idly by. I always count on, and look forward to, hearing all evidence they have gathered. Now, if BL is deceased and there is no trial, we may not learn all the details. JMHO …

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant the indictment. MOO

Brian-Laundrie-Count-1.jpg
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306/gov.uscourts.wyd.59306.1.0_1.pdf

Oh, there ya go. Yes, you're correct. It clearly says he committed the offense in Wyoming and elsewhere. Because he used this in WY this could be key to date of death. And, it means, I think, that they have a very good idea of when that was. MOO

Last edited:
But she wasn't killed during the commission of that felony. She was killed prior to it. I didn't intend to make this complicated. Sorry about that. Maybe this will clarify it better. Murder is a felony that requires intent. BL can try to argue there was "no intent to kill" and seek a lesser charge (manslaughter, depraved heart, whatever). But, there are certain felonies (violent, mostly) where if you are committing them and someone unintentionally ends up dead, it doesn't matter if you intended to kill them or not. You can get charged with murder. Not manslaughter - voluntary or involuntary, or depraved heart, etc. The crime you were in the process of committing is enough to capture it as murder. That's "Felony-Murder" (an unintentional killing occurring during the commission of a separate, violent, felony). Not sure if that makes sense. BL won't be on hook for felony murder because GP was not killed in the commission of those felonies and those felonies are likely not of the class for which felony murder would apply anyway. If he is charged he will be charged with some degree of murder - which is a felony, and where it goes from there is anyone's guess at this point. MOO JMO IMO

He could be charged with felony murder if he killed her in the van and had made it so she couldn’t leave the van before he did so. If he made her stay in there while he lost his mind, that would potentially be kidnapping or something similar. Since we don’t know the circumstances around her death, we can’t really say what he will or won’t be charged with. moo

Last edited:
Welfare check was generated from a missing person report.
I'm confused now about the order in which things happened surrounding the welfare check and the missing person report.

I thought the welfare check came first, and when GP wasn't found during the check, nor was information provided about where she was, that then led the family to report her missing.

Do I have it backwards?

But... "from gas station employees"

So, it may be very legit, but LE said "Please don't report this." MOO
Which could mean he bought an awful lot of ammunition or substances that can be put together to make a loud bang or something like that...and they didn't want to alarm the public? I'm speculating wildly!
well, nearly a month has passed and that didn't pan out too well for them IMO, maybe they should mention it??

Above is speculation upon wilder speculation only and there is no factual basis for my speculation. Just my wild, wild thoughts...
JMO

Exactly. But he did survive and others learned from him. Maybe choose a better climate.

Do you mean did NOT survive? Because I'm pretty sure he ate poison berries and didn't survive.

However both young males from well-off/middle class families, into survival and philosophy.

IMO BL is used to playing house and experimenting with survival techniques. I really doubt he's been surviving in the wilderness these past few weeks just by his wits and whatever he scavenges on his path. Let's not forget, they were eating precut, prepackaged fruit and going to restaurants during their "van living" trip. For as much as BL preached about hating plastic he certainly didn't mind using Gabbys or his parents to fly home and hide under the radar. MOO.

Which could mean he bought an awful lot of ammunition or substances that can be put together to make a loud bang or something like that...and they didn't want to alarm the public? I'm speculating wildly!
well, nearly a month has passed and that didn't pan out too well for them IMO, maybe they should mention it??

Above is speculation upon wilder speculation only and there is no factual basis for my speculation. Just my wild, wild thoughts...
JMO
Lolol!

Do you mean did NOT survive? Because I'm pretty sure he ate poison berries and didn't survive.

However both young males from well-off/middle class families, into survival and philosophy.

IMO BL is used to playing house and experimenting with survival techniques. I really doubt he's been surviving in the wilderness these past few weeks just by his wits and whatever he scavenges on his path. Let's not forget, they were eating precut, prepackaged fruit and going to restaurants during their "van living" trip. For as much as BL preached about hating plastic he certainly didn't mind using Gabbys or his parents to fly home and hide under the radar. MOO.
And Gabby had to open his granola bars. Lol.

Exactly. But he did survive and others learned from him. Maybe choose a better climate.
The point of the book Into the Wild was that he did not survive and barely knew what he was doing. It's actually quite scary how clueless he was. Edit - to further explain, Chris McCandless trapped himself on the wrong side of a raging river while living in a school bus in Alaska. He had no food and no way to fend for himself. In desperation he accidentally ate some bad berries and died because he did not have the skills or knowledge to survive. If BL is smarter, he is in a house somewhere eating food from a grocery store.

He could be charged with felony murder if he killed her in the van and had made it so she couldn’t leave the van before he did so. If he made her stay in there while he lost his mind, that would potentially be kidnapping or something similar. Since we don’t know the circumstances around her death, we can’t really say what he will or won’t be charged with.
I see that point. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member