Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point... it just seems strange that he would ask to go to Jackson (Wyoming) and then freak out when they say they're going to Jackson Hole. It's the same place.

I think either he knew that the Jackson Hole is covered by dozens of cams streaming to Youtube 24/7, including some really clear ones in the city centre, or the Tiktoker is second guessing what spooked Brian and it was something else that happened around that point of the journey, like him finding out that she’d texted her mother to say she’d picked up a hitchhiker (which she did, in case that reads like a hypothetical!)

I just had a random thought. Stick with me for a moment.
Gabby’s last IG post says “Happy Halloween”
There’s been feelings that Brian changed Gabby’s IG captions
The original travel plans were to travel until Halloween.
What if after Brian did something to Gabby he changed that caption to “Happy Halloween” signifying that now it’s all over. Eerie and dark-but honestly does seem in-line with his interests.
Just a random thought that I had & I couldn’t not share it.
That "Happy Halloween" IG August post is very weird.

SEP 18, 2021
Live Updates: Gabby Petito's Fiancé Brian Laundrie Is Also Missing, According to His Attorney

A 20-minute Facebook Live taken outside Brian Laundrie's home captures neighbors speaking about how some people have reportedly spotted a young man coming through the woods behind the house.

At one point in the live stream, two people approached the woman filming to tell her they were driving in the area and saw someone running on the street behind Laundrie's home.

"We've been driving around here and saw this guy. We don't know for sure it was him, but it looks exactly like him," one woman said, showing a picture of the man.

The man pictured is wearing a brown T-Shirt, sunglasses, and sweatpants. He appears to be wearing headphones and is looking down. It is unclear whether this man is Laundrie.

[...]

This man appears to have a tattoo on his inner left arm ? Or is it a shadow?

Didn't he tell the cops in the cam that he also suffered from anxiety? I don't see a guy purposely speeding at 3X the limit and trying to evade the cops as being "laid back".

Not necessarily. You’re talking about a low speed limit. It’s not like he was doing 80 in a 55. I got a ticket it the other day for doing 35 in a 15 and had no clue. Plus they were arguing, when you have anxiety, things escalate quickly. They knew police were behind them, he was in an unfamiliar area, and they were arguing. all of those things escalate the anxiety and explain the speeding easily.

Camping in vans is inherently dangerous. It is only one step up from sleeping in a tent, where one is terribly vulnerable to all kinds of dangers--two-legged and four-legged. A van provides much less protection than sleeping behind the locked doors of a home. There is no bathroom-so if you have to go in the night, you have to exit the van. Anyone can walk right up on you in a van and you wont know it if you are asleep.
I wouldn’t be able to do what they did. I’d be too scared. Heck, I stayed in a cabin (without locks btw) in the Adirondacks and went on a hike there once and would never ever do it again but everyone I went with would and have since. Because that’s the thing, all these comments going back and forth on whether or not van life is dangerous are subjective. I think what it really comes down to is there are people who can handle it and there are people who can’t. More important though are the people who THINK they can handle it. Point is, the van life lifestyle isn’t for everyone… and that’s ok! I personally feel Gabby and Brian were in over their heads with it but you also never know something is not for you until you try it. Not to mention social media glorifies a lot of things.

Last edited:
So he got there on the first, was last seen (according to parents - so that’s tentative) on Tuesday, and protesters show up on Friday and he’s not there.

So he would have left between the 14th and the 17th if his parents are honest, and between the 1st and the 17th if they aren’t. Good grief… How far can he go in 3 days, especially if he’s hitchhiking? Or does he have access to a vehicle of his own?

We’ve got Gabby missing and then Brian just walks off after being dead silent about it? I can’t even anymore.

He’s not mysterious or cunning, he’s bizarre and obnoxious. And needs to say where he last saw Gabby.
If he's one of these nomad youtube types then he has most likely seen the train hopper channels etc. They are not far off from the other nomad channels. But i doubt that comes into play at all.

A lot of people who live in vans have bathroom provisions in them, so you don't have to leave at night necessarily. And the van can also drive away if there is danger, unlike a house.
Vanlife itself doesn't create danger... one's choice of locations may. Relative to bathroom... many use composting toilets (Nature's Head is a highly preferred vanlifers choice)... or a simple Luggable Loo.

Attachments

• luggable loo.JPG
    luggable loo.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 17
*based only on my own experiences and these are my thoughts/opinions ONLY***
Ok, I have SO many questions. If these have been answered I apologize I have tried to read what has already been posted. I am a domestic violence survivor from an 8 yr relationship at a very young age, so I do feel that gives me some insight. I am trying very hard to be fair and not jump to conclusions. I think most people feel that this beautiful soul will sadly not be found safe. I think most feel we know who did it.
1. How did they meet?
2. How long has she lived w his family in FL?
3. Where did they get the money for this trip? It’s not cheap to travel the US, even if you live in a van. Food/gas/hotel, etc
4. How did Gabby get this van? It was hers, so how did she pay for it? Money is a primary stressor in relationships, it also welds a silent power. If one partner has more money than the other partner or contributes more monetarily to a relationship it can skew the sense of balance or power in the relationship that’s why I feel it’s important here. If Gabby paid or her family paid for that van and financed the majority of this trip it could give Brian a sense of being marginalized or having less to being to the table. Increasing the need to exert some type of power of control. Not saying that’s the case I’m simply asking the question and throwing the possibility out there & why I think that the money is important.
5. Were road trips common for these two? Ppl with anxiety or OCD in a small space for an extended amount of time can be a recipe for disaster.
6. I have not heard from Gabby’s family or friends that there was a history of abuse or strong concern for abuse by Brian, has anyone read or know if there was a history? It seems like she was fairly close with her family since she FaceTimed them three times weekly, so I feel like if she was really struggling they would be aware or know something was amiss. Nothing I have seen or heard indicates he had a bad temper. Locking her out of the van and trying to get away from her is as much for her safety as his, even though it’s her van. It makes me think that whatever happened was spontaneous and in a heated moment. The problem with that is then why not report it? why not tell the truth? Why is his family not cooperating? Why wait 3 DAYS to tell police he’s gone other than giving him ample time to run? I understand protecting your child but I have three of them and under no circumstances would I protect any of them from a murder. Because as a mother I know how gut wrenching it would be to not know where my child is. It’s bizarre.
Yes, road trips were common for them, insofar as they took a cross-country one in 2020 as well as 2021.

She worked for his parents' business, and they lived in his parents' house, so--presumably they weren't paying rent. This allowed Gabby to save for the trip. I don't know what his employment was, if any, and if he contributed anything toward travel expenses. It's a question that's been hanging in the air this whole time, in my mind. Maybe someone else has answers.

The assumption is, that she traded in her prior vehicle (in which they'd made their 2020 road trip) for the van, then somehow made up the difference between the trade-in value and the newer vehicle's value. We don't know if she did this with savings, or if a parent helped her. It does appear that they were low on money (BL stated this to police), but there was also some info floating around about them staying in an expensive hotel, or her staying in one, for part of the time she was in Moab. We can only guess, that parents were helping them out along the way. The financing quesiton is another one that's been a mystery throughout this story.

We can only guess, that Gabby hid the conflictive side of their relationship from her parents. We don't know. There's a lot we still don't know about these two. Yes, you'd think she'd have told her mom about any problems that arose throughout the relationship, but OTOH, she could have hidden that, so as not to worry her parents.

There have been conflicting reports as to how long they've lived with his parents; a few threads ago (lol) it was said they'd moved in with them 8 months ago, but earlier statements said, they've lived together in FL for 2-1/2 years or 2 years. So they may have had their own place there for awhile (?), then moved in with his parents.

I'm still wondering about this claim that both of them were bipolar, and that she supposedly was genuinely, clinically, OCD. I don't think the statements they made to police were credible, necessarily.

I've camped my whole life. In tents out of tents, in vehicles etc. in some very remote locations. I've NEVER found it dangerous. The driving to get there is far more dangerous.

I think it’s more dangerous to live in a city, even behind locked doors, then camping or living in a van. I’m sure statistics prove this. Also agree driving to any of these places is more dangerous.

It appears that we have some barefoot hiking fans here, but geez, there are parts of the country where I would not do it. It's a great way to get intestinal worms.

I’d never hike barefoot but i do love being barefoot. I really don’t want to have to google this!!

It makes perfect sense for BL not to talk and for his family not to talk. "Anything you say can and will be used against you" is the saying ...not, will help you. The media stalking of him is wrong and could drive an innocent person to suicide. Spectators need to back down and let the experts handle it. Keep the search up for her, without accusations at this point. The saddest thing to me is how they were given a very kind and thoughtful intervention from the Moab Police when they were stopped. He basically advised them that this may have been a first domestic violence issue for them, but to heed it's red flag warning of the incompatibility of the two of them. She even was on the phone with her parents during the incident, there were witnesses in the community, she almost went to jail, almost got cited and almost got given a mandatory court date for being the aggressor in a domestic violence situation against BL. Watch the entire police body cam footage. There is more to this story and the rest of us just need to back off. Your personal experiences with DV have nothing to do with the facts here.

I still don't get why her parents waiting so long to report her missing.
I think her mom said, that G had been in and out of internet connectivity, in the national parks they'd been in, so she didn't worry right away. Also, she'd received a text from Gabby's phone Aug. 30, so at first, she was placated by that. Then later, she questioned whether it was authentically Gabby doing the texting. But at first, she was ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298