Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was the second release of the body cam where she was indicating how BL grabbed her face and she remarked that her cheek burned when she touched it. IIRC, one of the LE remarked that she had some bruises on her.
I don’t recall that comment at all regarding her neck. Just arms & cheek as I recall.

Wow!! She was in the cruiser with a 'phone'....talking to her 'parents' per the video. but that does raise a good point...certainly could have been a phone from the LE or ranger. I hand my phone to people to use during emergencies often. Excellent point-makes me think.
I was wondering if she was talking on LE’s phone too. And during the altercation he got possession of her phone in an attempt to control her. Maybe that’s why he took it out of his pocket to give to LE so GP would have a phone that night.

He enjoys camping, hiking but surviving off-grid is extremely difficult to do. Especially alone.
Not sure he has it in him.

BL is young and in good shape physically. At desperation levels mentally. It appears that he has way above average survival skills and wilderness know-how’s. He probably could do all right off grid but evading LE in the Carlton Reserve would have been nerve racking.

He could be dead in there or elsewhere
He could be alive there or elsewhere. That he went there seems to be believed by LE. Whether he stayed there, a whole other question. Plenty of time to walk elsewhere and then hide out. Or a friend could have helped. I don’t think he’s out of the country. But I think he can hide out for a very long time on little money. Easy to find work these days even without ID.

I know many people dispute this, but the neighbor does say she saw BL the weekend of Sept. 10th (after the camping trip). I don't know that we should automatically dismiss it and say she probably mixed up dates. We don't know that she did. Jmo.

A full timeline of Brian Laundrie's movements in Gabby Petito case
September 10th weekend: Karyn Aberts, a neighbor of the Laundries, said the last time she saw Brian at the family home was sometime on the weekend of September 10. Gabby Petito's family reported her missing on Saturday, September 11.
Maybe someone can remind us—why do people dispute this 9/10 weekend sighting by the neighbor across the street? Maybe BL took off as soon as it was known, or public, that Gabby was reported missing (9/11 or 9/12). That would make sense to me. IF the neighbor is mistaken about the date, most people remember when something happened on a weekend. So maybe she has the weekends confused. If so, that would mean she saw Brian Sept 3, 4 or 5. Which is probably true (he was there), but, was it really the LAST time he was at the home. Maybe not if he left with his parents to camp for Sept 6-7. If he took off during or after that trip, then the neighbor is mistaken. If not, then I think he came back to the house from Sept 7-11 and left on either Sept 11, 12 or 13.

I was wondering if she was talking on LE’s phone too. And during the altercation he got possession of her phone in an attempt to control her.

As I recall, in the first video they asked Brian if Gabby's phone was in the van and he followed the female officer to the van to show her where it was. MOO

Wow. I just looked up Christopher Thomas Knight. Did BL really idolize him?? A hermit who survived by stealing from others in the wilds of Maine? Do we have proof of this obsession of his? CTK doesn’t seem like a model of someone surviving and roughing it, but an utter horrible criminal. Geez.
wait..where did
As I recall, in the first video they asked Brian if Gabby's phone was in the van and he followed the female officer to the van to show her where it was. MOO
that's right! it was in a "spot".. also LE does tell her several times not to text him. So i guess it was her phone she was on and he pulled his own out of his pocket.

not sure if you mean the Moab stop..

14:39 'i don't have my phone. . I don't really, i don't have a phone. "

Wallet was in his right hand pocket 'ID in the car' but at 54 minutes he does take his wallet out of his pocket with his license but says he thought it was 'with car stuff' or something.

At 55 minutes he takes PHONE out of the same pocket...

And did you notice that previously when he was asked what was in that pocket, he said "Just my wallet." Another lie. I really do think he was being deceptive here.

From what I can tell in the footage, Gabby doesn't have her phone. The female ranger is sent to retrieve it from the van. Brian gets squirrely and insists on getting it for her, saying "it's in a spot" (which implies hidden/stashed away imo). He turns it on, hands it to the ranger. She takes it back and gives it to Gabby. From then on, Gabby visibly has her phone in her possession while sitting in the back of the patrol car. Meanwhile, around the 55 min mark, Brian is asked to supply his contact number, for follow ups. He reaches into his pants pocket and takes out a second phone, turns it on and shows the officer the number displayed.

I still haven't come across any concrete evidence that Brian didn't have a phone, or only had a dead phone, or only had a phone which worked under limited conditions.
If there is some footage or confirmed posts where Brian or Gabby talk about this, a link would be much appreciated. We have testimony from Gabby's parents that they called and texted him. We have Gabby telling him to take a charger to charge his phone. And we physically see him produce a phone that powers up and has a number he wants the police to contact him with.

MOO but I think BL lied blatantly multiple times at the traffic stop. I don't buy the idea that he meant he just didn't have a phone on him during the altercation, or that he was referring to cell service. I think he lied because it supported his narrative that he was trying to build of a patient guy worried about his fiance who was being irrational.

I don't buy his claim that he was afraid she would leave him by taking the van, van keys and phone. All indications from the footage and witness reports are that she was the one in desperate fear of being separated from him, separated from her phone, separated from her keys, her belongings, and most importantly her home/van - which was also her work vehicle. JMO.

The status of his phone is really so confusing to me, too. First he indicates he doesn't have one. Then he pulls it out, turns it on to show LE his contact number? And now we're thinking he doesn't really have service ~ that he can only use wifi? Does that mean he can only use his cell phone in the same way I use my laptop? But then when he showed his contact number to LE did that help them? Could they contact BL through that number?
Admittedly an old lady here ~ and struggling to keep au fait. Help, please?
I just read the transcript of the first video because I just can't understand so much of what is said. Sure enough he gives them a phone number. That would indicate service, right? Why did they not pick up on the inconsistencies?

Maybe someone can remind us—why do people dispute this 9/10 weekend sighting by the neighbor across the street? Maybe BL took off as soon as it was known, or public, that Gabby was reported missing (9/11 or 9/12). That would make sense to me. IF the neighbor is mistaken about the date, most people remember when something happened on a weekend. So maybe she has the weekends confused. If so, that would mean she saw Brian Sept 3, 4 or 5. Which is probably true (he was there), but, was it really the LAST time he was at the home. Maybe not if he left with his parents to camp for Sept 6-7. If he took off during or after that trip, then the neighbor is mistaken. If not, then I think he came back to the house from Sept 7-11 and left on either Sept 11, 12 or 13.
I haven't read everything, but from what I've seen, the dispute is usually that she probably mixed up her days, or how does she know what her neighbors are doing on any specific day? I think it's easy to say that when we really want him not to have come home from that camping trip.

But the neighbor says she saw him that weekend, the lawyer says he came home from the camping trip, and the parents say he left on the 14th. We can assume everyone is lying, because we don't like them, but without knowing the facts, we kind of have to consider these dates are possibly accurate, too. Jmo.

Like you said, it makes sense he took off right after hit the fan on Sept. 11th.

Well, I supplied what you asked for. I am curious what kind of backpack leaves finger-like bruising on the side of one's neck, but YMMV.

Thank you for the photos. I see something going down her back from her shoulders. I could not see the detail of bruising on her neck...let me go back again.

I think they meant bruising from previous episodes of DV. But, I wonder how much bruising would come out from the day she died.​
Yes, but your post (that I responded to) was in regard to @Backhoe411 ’s post regarding neck bruising vs shadow from GB’s IG post. I’m saying that if BL had a pattern of bruising on her neck that there was no sign of that at Moab- which would have occurred 5-14 days prior for a bruise to still be visible.

I do wonder about her final & fatal injuries as well. Really just want justice for GB. BL needs capture & prison. Circumstances that aggravate or mitigate can come out at sentencing. No clue how long this pattern of toxicity went on. Parents & stepparents didn’t see it. I give weight to that. Imo

BL is young and in good shape physically. At desperation levels mentally. It appears that he has way above average survival skills and wilderness know-how’s. He probably could do all right off grid but evading LE in the Carlton Reserve would have been nerve racking.

He could be dead in there or elsewhere
He could be alive there or elsewhere. That he went there seems to be believed by LE. Whether he stayed there, a whole other question. Plenty of time to walk elsewhere and then hide out. Or a friend could have helped. I don’t think he’s out of the country. But I think he can hide out for a very long time on little money. Easy to find work these days even without ID.

I could definitely see if he had just a little help here could get somewhere and really disappear, I keep thinking Ocala National Forest, its huge and he could really really be hard to find. That's if he is alive.

Ocala National Forest
Nestled between well-known theme parks and white, sandy beaches, the jewels of the Ocala National Forest attract visitors from around the world.

A travel destination in its own right, the Ocala features more than 600 lakes and rivers where visitors enjoy swimming, fishing, snorkeling, canoeing and boating.

From migratory birds and playful manatees to delicate freshwater springs and some of the world's rarest plants, the Ocala is a haven for people (and animals) to escape to one of Florida's remaining wild places. Here, opportunities abound for all to bask in the wonders of Mother Nature 365 days a year.

And did you notice that previously when he was asked what was in that pocket, he said "Just my wallet." Another lie. I really do think he was being deceptive here.

From what I can tell in the footage, Gabby doesn't have her phone. The female ranger is sent to retrieve it from the van. Brian gets squirrely and insists on getting it for her, saying "it's in a spot" (which implies hidden/stashed away imo). He turns it on, hands it to the ranger. She takes it back and gives it to Gabby. From then on, Gabby visibly has her phone in her possession while sitting in the back of the patrol car. Meanwhile, around the 55 min mark, Brian is asked to supply his contact number, for follow ups. He reaches into his pants pocket and takes out a second phone, turns it on and shows the officer the number displayed.

I still haven't come across any concrete evidence that Brian didn't have a phone, or only had a dead phone, or only had a phone which worked under limited conditions.
If there is some footage or confirmed posts where Brian or Gabby talk about this, a link would be much appreciated. We have testimony from Gabby's parents that they called and texted him. We have Gabby telling him to take a charger to charge his phone. And we physically see him produce a phone that powers up and has a number he wants the police to contact him with.

MOO but I think BL lied blatantly multiple times at the traffic stop. I don't buy the idea that he meant he just didn't have a phone on him during the altercation, or that he was referring to cell service. I think he lied because it supported his narrative that he was trying to build of a patient guy worried about his fiance who was being irrational.

I don't buy his claim that he was afraid she would leave him by taking the van, van keys and phone. All indications from the footage and witness reports are that she was the one in desperate fear of being separated from him, separated from her phone, separated from her keys, her belongings, and most importantly her home/van - which was also her work vehicle. JMO.

agree with ALL of this. Recall that the female officer when she came to get Gabby’s phone said “She would like her phone, do happen to know where it is?” Ca. 41:30 in the first bodycam video. Like she had to ask permission from BL to even have her own phone.

moo.

link to first bodycam video

There are multiple videos of BL walking. His feet point out. Way out. Super distinctive. Should be easy to spot. I have no opinion on rather or not she was abused by him as from the info I saw, LE made a judgement call. I think getting wrenched over his mental condition only distracts from developing any other theory. I have one and it’s only that. A feeling. Both were worried about the other stranding them. I surmise it was thrown around in both directions. After the upset at Merry P’s. Maybe GP left him and proceeded to spread creek. May have been the catalyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz