You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You spend hours and hours poring over aerial footage to find pictures of a house 14 hours away that you might have seen in a 15 second segment in a motion-sickness inducing, over-exposed video that might OR MIGHT NOT have anything relevant to do with the case anyway. But at least you are helping, right? :D

This thread is hilarious! Why have I not visited before now?
Lanie

I'm not really addicted to the case, but this morning I told my husband that I had a telephone appointment with Amy H. instead of the similar sounding name of the person calling. He said "are you sure it's not Zani"? He watches NG and keeps up with the case, but my daughter demanded that we change channels when she visited the other night. She can't understand why NG has to talk about that all the time.

okay, might as well finish this off in Letterman style...

so,

Number 9: When you get to work in the morning, the first thing you look for is the Current News Updates of the Day forum on WS (even though you looked at it for at least 30 minutes before you left the house).

and

DRUM ROLL

Number 10: Restarting your computer feels like it takes 20x longer than it ever has, and never mind any files that may be lost, what forum was I in?

Your supposed to restart your computer??? :confused:

Ok I have one more... I am not a huge astrology fan but I do read my HS from time to time, today mine said:

It's hard to know if you have gone deep enough, for the more you dig, the more you learn. At some point, however, you must finish your research and actually put what you've learned to practical use. Once you accept that your investigation has uncovered a bottomless pit, you'll be more likely to stop spinning your intellectual wheels and get to work, applying your wealth of knowledge.

and I knew right away that clearly this about my time spent on this case lately. :eek: I used to mostly lurk and have had some slow work days recently and now... clearly, a bottomless pit.

When you should have gone to the doctors office for your sinus infection but cancelled because there where too many more houses to check out to see if they could be the mystery house on the PI tape to loose a 1/2 day away from the computer

The second you get your laptop hooked up to your bigscreen TV to watch netflix movies, you realize you can rewatch Cindy's interview with the FBI and really check out the body language. When you say this out loud, your husband says he will divorce you, and you call dibs on the bigscreen and the laptop.
Lanie

When you notice that one of your favorite adversarial voices on the WS message board has been sent to time out and you'll be saddened until they return.

When you notice that one of your favorite adversarial voices on the WS message board has been sent to time out and you'll be saddened until they return.

roflmao!! :D

The second you get your laptop hooked up to your bigscreen TV to watch netflix movies, you realize you can rewatch Cindy's interview with the FBI and really check out the body language. When you say this out loud, your husband says he will divorce you, and you call dibs on the bigscreen and the laptop.
Lanie

DH was talking last week about upgrading to a "bigger'' big screen and I was all for it cos then I can hook up my laptop to one and really get a good look at the crime scene photo's!!! sshhh don't tell, he might divorce me!!

when you are up at 12:52am reading a thread titled "you know you are addicted..."

Ok, guilty as well, I log in here before I even start coffee in the morning (DH is in the shower and doesn't realize I'm here, he thinks we need a new coffee maker, cause it's taking so long to brew these days) lol

ETA - Maybe I should get one of those new fangled programable coffee makers....

When someone uses the word "absolutely" and you want to just beat them up.

When your here at 7am and you realize you have been here all nite..............

DH was talking last week about upgrading to a "bigger'' big screen and I was all for it cos then I can hook up my laptop to one and really get a good look at the crime scene photo's!!! sshhh don't tell, he might divorce me!!

you can do that???????? I know at times I've been upset cause I didn't get the correct view of what was shown on computer screen.....hmmmmmm:waitasec:

Also mad when the right click button went out on mouse and had to fiugre out where "refresh" manually was......(this irrated dd much more than I--her for other/better(?) reasons (school project)

You finally sign up for membership here because you are here often enough and want to chime in.
And there are multitudes of other things that need doing...:whistle:

I'm addicted big time....the only way I can navigate my bedroom is by the light given off by my computer screen !!! Not a stitch of cleaning done since July !!!

:blushing: OK this one actually embarrassed me. Talking on the phone, I ended my sentence with "my opinion only''! :saythat:

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

Ok, guilty as well, I log in here before I even start coffee in the morning (DH is in the shower and doesn't realize I'm here,
:laugh: :laugh: he thinks we need a new coffee maker, cause it's taking so long to brew these days) lol

ETA - Maybe I should get one of those new fangled programmable coffee makers.. :clap: :clap:
I bought one for dh and haven't had to make coffee since; I convinced him it was too high tech for me. Think he knows I'm fibbing?

you can do that???????? I know at times I've been upset cause I didn't get the correct view of what was shown on computer screen.....hmmmmmm:waitasec:

I can display ''my pictures'' on TV in a slide show, so yup you really can!!

I'm addicted big time....the only way I can navigate my bedroom is by the light given off by my computer screen !!! Not a stitch of cleaning done since July !!!

I call it mood lighting!! No cleaning going on here either!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7
Back