You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When you know what this means and crack up laughing every time you read it:

"Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you."

Because I wurk (Lurk and Work!) all my co-workers who know my obsession, first ask..."can I ask you a question now?"....Lunch is scheduled around the lunch break in court.....if given the chance to leave early, I say "No, that's ok" because I can't miss the end of the day hearings.

I am seriously worried about me! I think, if ICA gets anything less than LWOP I will have to immediately enter therapy.

Because I wurk (Lurk and Work!) all my co-workers who know my obsession, first ask..."can I ask you a question now?"....Lunch is scheduled around the lunch break in court.....if given the chance to leave early, I say "No, that's ok" because I can't miss the end of the day hearings.

I am seriously worried about me! I think, if ICA gets anything less than LWOP I will have to immediately enter therapy.

We'll need to find group therapy, because I'm sure there will plenty of us that would join you!

smiley-whacky110.gif

When you go to Staples and buy a dry-erase board to jot down key witness statements, evidence introduced, etc... :skip:

My addiction to this case started 3 years ago so I too have a mind like a zip file.

I have lots of similar habits as other posters-

1. I only go to get cigarettes or anything else at the store during lunch recess.

2. Lunch recess is a good time to take a shower, also.

3. My house underwent a major cleaning before the trial started, now all I do is keep it picked up. Even THAT is tricky and done only at the 10 & 20 minutes breaks.

4. Dinner is hamburger helper, pizza delivered, or anything else fast. If I don't have the little laptop with me on the kitchen table livestreaming during dinner, I have HLN on in the evenings.

5. My family thinks I am crazy (although 3 of my family members now ask me whats going on w/ the trial) and my daughter also texted me "God, you're sick" (like another poster)

6. I created a "media cart" out of a retro metal kitchen cart that has 3 shelves and wheels. On top are my 2 laptops, one on livestream and one opened up to my boards. Also my cell charger, my MP3 charger, and when my kindle comes next week will also hold my kindle charger. Middle shelf holds my notebooks, pens, nail file, markers, etc. On another table which serves as a little "coffee table" in front of my futon holds a candle which I light for Caylee while court is insession all day, ashtray (yes, I am smoking in the house again) and snacks. (This is what my daughter said "oh God you're sick" over. The cart) I think it's neat, can take it anywhere in the house and only have to unplug 1 plug (my power strip) and have all my electronics at hand.

OMG Abbie, you really are an addict! I have never laughed so much, thank you for starting my day off on a happy note. :great:

We'll need to find group therapy, because I'm sure there will plenty of us that would join you!

smiley-whacky110.gif

But, but-I thought:waitasec: this was group therapy!! You mean it's not?:panic:

Hi guys! I promised a friend that I would stop by today. I told her I was having a panic attack that I was missing the trial. This week I have been lying to my husband that I have been going out and doing things. He wanted to meet for lunch....and I was dying to know what was going on. Told him I had a confession to make. He looked at me and told me to spill it. I told him I have not been shopping and out of the house. Told him I have been glued to HLN and I have a heart filled with love for Caylee and I'm gonna see this through. Told him I'll be in court the next month or so and deal with it. :crazy:

Yesterday I noticed how she wipes her pretend tears. She literally drags her hands deeply over her face. She's trying to look like she has emotions. We all know sociopaths only care for themselves. Watch Cindy doubled over the other day, just broke my heart for her. My grandson is a year younger than Caylee.

:websleuther: I joined Websleuths because of this case! I had lurked and observed and kept up with other cases for a few years, but this one has really grabbed my heart and won't let go.

I had a dream about Casey last night.. and last night was the 2nd time I have had trouble sleeping / lost sleep because of this case.

I knew I was addicted when I wait for the lunch break to get anything done, errands have to be close to home.

The same thing happened during the Scott Peterson Trial and OJ. Ugh

Yesterday when I wanted to put a leash on my little dog, Daisy, she ran from me. I called, "Come back here, Casey, you little devil!" (I've been apologizing to Daisy ever since.)

I just now walked by the tv in the living room the hubby was watching and sure enough there was a jailhouse clip.....guess who spouted off what ICA was saying word for word....yep this girl.....hubby looked at me like wth,lol

You know you're addicted when your husband goes to "my recordings" on the DVR and it's like 150 or more hours of In session and HLN and he say's ummm Aren't you home all day to watch this and I say, but if I get interrupted I need to be able to catch up!

you finally get the few extra days off of work, head out on vacation with your laptop hid away from the family so they won't know that you will be sneaking back to the room watching the trial!! Lol And I got busted with my laptop....:(

I've pretty much known I've been addicted to this case for awhile, but I've turned it into a little self-deprecating joke (unless I'm with my "support group" of WS'ers with whom I have no real need to explain or make lame excuses).

But I just hit a new low. I woke up this morning in the middle of a dream in which I was having a conversation with Nancy Grace in her kitchen about the case. I was trying to impart that there was certain critical finer-point details that were either under-researched or overlooked in her latest commentary or something of that nature.

I kept having to repeat my sentences or questions because she couldn't concentrate on our conversation; we kept getting interrupted by her taking care of a tiny new baby girl, who just happened to have exactly the same hair-do as Nancy. (I was so frushtrated by the conversation I almost couldn't schwallow...)

I woke up thinking that a lot of us are going to need a special kind of 12-step program for the fallout from this noise and that I just might need to get to the front of the line. I have never rolled my eyes that early in the morning.

One consolation is that I cannot be tempted by location to be part of what (I think it was) Dr. Drew called the "The Running of the Bulls in Pamplona" dash to get a courtroom seat. No, I get to create and be agitated by stupid, vivid Nancy Grace "Mini-Me" dreams. Sigh.

We can resurrect the 12-step program we put into place at the conclusion of the SP trial. I'm good for that.

When you walk from room-to-room doing chores with your iPhone tuned into CNN to watch the trial so you don't miss a thing.

I've pretty much known I've been addicted to this case for awhile, but I've turned it into a little self-deprecating joke (unless I'm with my "support group" of WS'ers with whom I have no real need to explain or make lame excuses).

But I just hit a new low. I woke up this morning in the middle of a dream in which I was having a conversation with Nancy Grace in her kitchen about the case. I was trying to impart that there was certain critical finer-point details that were either under-researched or overlooked in her latest commentary or something of that nature.

I kept having to repeat my sentences or questions because she couldn't concentrate on our conversation; we kept getting interrupted by her taking care of a tiny new baby girl, who just happened to have exactly the same hair-do as Nancy. (I was so frushtrated by the conversation I almost couldn't schwallow...)

I woke up thinking that a lot of us are going to need a special kind of 12-step program for the fallout from this noise and that I just might need to get to the front of the line. I have never rolled my eyes that early in the morning.

One consolation is that I cannot be tempted by location to be part of what (I think it was) Dr. Drew called the "The Running of the Bulls in Pamplona" dash to get a courtroom seat. No, I get to create and be agitated by stupid, vivid Nancy Grace "Mini-Me" dreams. Sigh.

That's too funny. By the way, what's her kitchen like?

You are addicted when you take it personal when JB says this case first attracted attention because ICA is "young, pretty and white" and you shout out.... How about the fact that she didn't report Caylee missing for 31 days - that's what attracted me on day 31!

This is priceless:great::rocker:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey
Back