GUILTY Zambia - Bianca Rudolph, 57, safari trip, fatally shot, 2016 Oct, PA dentist husband and gf arrested 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How a sudden cremation helped set off an international murder investigation

A Pittsburgh dentist is in federal custody awaiting trial on charges of murdering his wife on a 2016 African safari vacation. Larry and Bianca Rudolph, skilled big game hunters, traveled to a favorite location - Kafue National Park in Zambia. No one would have imagined Bianca would never make it home, or that journey would end years later with allegations of coverups, infidelity, fraud and murder.

CBS News correspondent Debora Patta, on assignment for "48 Hours," explores this complex investigation on 48 Hours: "Death on Safari" airing on CBS on Saturday, April 16 at 10PM/ET and streaming live on Paramount+.

The case is scheduled for trial in July.

The 7 life insurance policies and long time affair with the mistress are a massive red flag!

Who takes out 7 life insurance policies on their wife who suddenly dies in mysterious circumstances with no witnesses??
Wow just wow...

I guess he has heaps of cash and will hire the most expensive lawyers and get off!!
when you have a business as big as this one I would guess he needed it to re-hire and train whomever it would be to take over her job whatever it might have been. I know my hubby was covered when he worked for the largest entertainment company in the USA for this very reason. Just guessing she did something for the business and I know they sell policies for this coverage. I want to say I saw the start date on the insurance and it was 198? something so not a new policy by any means. As for having a girlfriend, I would be shocked for a man like him to not have 1 or 2 in the woodpile, <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
what irks me about the federal gov. is it costs them 34 cents in paperwork to ruin someone's life and cause even more damage to their family even if they do not have a shred of evidence for murder. I am not saying he is innocent or guilty I just fail to see the evidence..

what irks me about the federal gov. is it costs them 34 cents in paperwork to ruin someone's life and cause even more damage to their family even if they do not have a shred of evidence for murder. I am not saying he is innocent or guilty I just fail to see the evidence..

July trial set for ex-Greensburg dentist charged with killing wife on safari

In arguing that the cases should not be severed, prosecutors presented new evidence from employees at a bar in Arizona where the couple hung out. During an argument between the two in 2019, a bartender heard Mr. Rudolph say, "I killed my [expletive] wife for you."

Ms. Milliron is charged with being an accessory after the fact, obstruction and perjury.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Bryan Fields said Ms. Milliron served as the "raw motive" for the murder because she had given Mr. Rudolph an ultimatum to leave his wife.

There is also the information in the documents stating that it wouldn't be possible for her to shoot herself with that gun. I think that's pretty strong evidence right there.

when you have a business as big as this one I would guess he needed it to re-hire and train whomever it would be to take over her job whatever it might have been. I know my hubby was covered when he worked for the largest entertainment company in the USA for this very reason. Just guessing she did something for the business and I know they sell policies for this coverage. I want to say I saw the start date on the insurance and it was 198? something so not a new policy by any means. As for having a girlfriend, I would be shocked for a man like him to not have 1 or 2 in the woodpile, men..you know..

His mistress was his office manager, not his wife.

Well he’ll get a chance to argue that in court.

Hope the defense attorney avoids jurors with the following :

1. Hunters who know guns

2. Animal lovers and animal rights activists

I hope they do have jurors who know guns, because they will understand that there is no way that Bianca could have physically shot herself.

Just because someone is against hunting does not mean they think hunters deserve to die. That's a huge projection.

I hope they do have jurors who know guns, because they will understand that there is no way that Bianca could have physically shot herself.

Just because someone is against hunting does not mean they think hunters deserve to die. That's a huge projection.
refresh me on the evidence beyond a " reasonable doubt" that this guy killed his wife?

refresh me on the evidence beyond a " reasonable doubt" that this guy killed his wife?

He was the only person in the cabin with her, and there is no physical way she could have shot herself. He had means, motive ($4.7 million and a mistress with an ultimatum) and opportunity. That is of course, only my opinion. You are certainly welcome to disagree.

"The trial of a Pennsylvania dentist accused of murdering his wife during a hunting trip in Africa is getting underway in Colorado.

Jury selection in the case of Dr. Lawrence Rudolph, 67, began on Monday in U.S. District Court in Denver.

Dr. Rudolph was charged in December 2021 with murdering his wife Bianca in Zambia in 2016, then fraudulently claiming $4.8million in life insurance payouts.

An FBI criminal complaint against him claims that he was desperate to get out of his marriage so that he could be with his long-term mistress. "

PARADISE VALLEY, Ariz. — The Paradise Valley man accused of killing his wife while on safari in Africa claiming she accidentally shot herself is scheduled to go to trial in July.

Lawrence Rudolph is charged with foreign murder and mail fraud. He was arrested in December, five years after his wife Bianca's death in 2016.

Now, Rudolph's girlfriend, Lori Milliron, is being charged, too. The two have been living together in Paradise Valley since the weeks after Bianca's death, according to court records.

Milliron is charged with comforting and assisting Rudolph to hinder his trial and punishment. She's also charged with multiple counts of providing false testimony.

Milliron's attorney, John Dill, released the following statement to 12 News:

"Ms. Milliron did not commit any crime and completely denies the government’s charges. She is a hardworking grandmother who the government has falsely charged without knowing the facts. She looks forward to being exonerated, but the shame in this case is that she is even forced to defend herself against allegations based totally on rumors and gossip."

[..]

A friend of Bianca's notified the FBI that Lawrence had been having an affair at the time of her death with Milliron.

Once Lawrence returned home, he began claiming her life insurance policy and cashed out close to $5 million.

Since then, county property records show Lawrence Rudolph has been living in a home in Paradise Valley.

But in December, five years after Bianca's death, authorities arrested him in connection with her death.

Records show a former employee of Rudolph's dental practice told federal investigators she knew Rudolph's girlfriend, Milliron, who claimed to have dated him for 15-20 years while he was married to Bianca. She alleges Milliron stated she gave Rudolph an ultimatum of one year to sell his dental office and leave Bianca.

The federal case is being handled in Colorado where Bianca's insurance company is based.

This could be difficult to prove- there were only two people in the home at the time of the shooting, and one is dead. There does appear to be lots of motive--- we shall see- interesting case

I expect the prosecution will hinge on the photograph of the wound taken by the US Embassy before the body was cremated. Supposedly it shows that the barrel was some distance away when the rifle discharged. I expect the defense will be quite proactive about attempting to refute that. Otherwise (and barring some surprise evidence) his story will be difficult to refute beyond a reasonable doubt.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back