Where's Raven???

Not sure where Raven is right now, probably doing as little as possible or planning another Bike Outting.

I did hear a very interesting scoop today.

I heard the Lead Homicide Detective, Detective Vaughn, of the Durham Police Department, who is handling Janet Marie Christiansen and her unborn child's brutal murder, just got back from a trip to Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia, where he was conducting interviews.

:eek:

terminatrixator said:
Not sure where Raven is right now, probably doing as little as possible or planning another Bike Outting.

I did hear a very interesting scoop today.

I heard the Lead Homicide Detective, Detective Vaughn, of the Durham Police Department, who is handling Janet Marie Christiansen and her unborn child's brutal murder, just got back from a trip to Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia, where he was conducting interviews.

:eek:

Hmm tips must be starting to come in .... Ya think Raven is beginning to feel the heat a little more ?

He's a sociopath I don't think he feels anything emotionally, but I hope he starts feeling LE's breath on his back.

So call me a little slow but why should Smith Mountain Lake ring a bell. Is this a place where Raven and Janet would go together? Does the Rav have friends there?

Ya think the reward has someone
6.gif
?

i guess a broken jaw would change his appearance a bit.

too bad we don't have any more shots.

munch said:
i guess a broken jaw would change his appearance a bit.

too bad we don't have any more shots.
I'm sorry munch, for the life of me I don't understand this post.

LL & S, Munch I believe is referring to the picture that looks very much like (to me) the picture of The Raven at Moab. There is only one picture that I could find of him that look remotely like him at Moab. I recognized the two guys he was with as acquaintances or friends of Raven, that's why Munch said (s)he wishes that there was more than one shot (picture) of the bike trip.

I just know he he hurt his face prior to going to Moab because of practice or a game.

L L & S said:
So call me a little slow but why should Smith Mountain Lake ring a bell. Is this a place where Raven and Janet would go together? Does the Rav have friends there?

Ya think the reward has someone http://bestsmileys.com/money/6.gif?
I don't know, the Lead Detective is probably looking at all places frequented by the Raven, and interviewing people to see if he had been there.

I'm hoping that all his old neighborhoods, every old neighbor, all his old classmates, all his past dalliances with other women, all his friends, all the teams he's played on, every store he's been too, every church he's been too, every single job, everyone single person that the Raven has met get's interviewed by the Lead Homicide Detective Vaughn.

terminatrixator said:
I don't know, the Lead Detective is probably looking at all places frequented by the Raven, and interviewing people to see if he had been there.

I'm hoping that all his old neighborhoods, every old neighbor, all his old classmates, all his past dalliances with other women, all his friends, all the teams he's played on, every store he's been too, every church he's been too, every single job, everyone single person that the Raven has met get's interviewed by the Lead Homicide Detective Vaughn.
Smith Mountain Lake? What would be the significance of that?

Maybe the reward money is having a positive effect!?!?

Moxie said:
Smith Mountain Lake? What would be the significance of that?

Maybe the reward money is having a positive effect!?!?
I don't know the significance of this place, but look it up on a map. It is quite near Buena Vista, VA. This is where SVU is located. That is where the funeral was and that is where we know for sure that Raven spent time. Maybe he also spent time at Smith Mountain Lake.

Well the looks of the place, disposing of personal items would be very very easy indeed. :croc:

http://www.dcr.state.va.us/parks/smithmtn.htm

It's about a 2-1/2 hour drive from Durham to Moneta, VA (approx. 105-118 miles) depending on what Mapping system you use.

From Smith Mountain Lake to SVU - Buena Vista, VA it is a little over an hour driving, at a total distance of about 55 miles, depending on the Mapping System you use.

terminatrixator said:
Hmmmm, what could be the significance of this? The first thing that popped into my head - Raven stayed with family of Janet's after the murder, correct? Is this lake near that family member's house? Could it be that a murder weapon may have been disposed of in that location?

terminatrixator said:
Well considering Raven couldn't afford the rent on his place, I doubt he was looking to purchase here.
... or maybe he was. Lack of money never stopped him before.

BirdHunter said:
I don't know the significance of this place, but look it up on a map. It is quite near Buena Vista, VA. This is where SVU is located. That is where the funeral was and that is where we know for sure that Raven spent time. Maybe he also spent time at Smith Mountain Lake.
Maybe during homecoming weekend?

This is very intriguing but I don't know what the significance would be ...

Did Raven dispose of a weapon there shortly after the murder? Near the funeral even? Near homecoming?
DID he look into property there?
Did he have a tryst with someone at that lake?

What are all of the possibilities that would make this significant?

JerseyGirl said:
... or maybe he was. Lack of money never stopped him before.
LOL did you see the size of those homes, they have to be worth HUGE BUCKAROONIES!

Well, maybe you are right, it's not the money you have in your pocket that matters to the Raven. Iit's never been about responsibilities or the amount of love you have in your life that mattered to the Raven.

It's what things look like ON THE OUTSIDE, that seemed to matter to Raven.

Gotta have big boy toys, and I guess a Big boy Home could have been his next little adventure.

Except that means, maintenance and spending money on something that's not a toy.

terminatrixator said:
LOL did you see the size of those homes, they have to be worth HUGE BUCKAROONIES!
The kind you might get from a life insurance policy? :innocent:

So there's some info about Smith Mountain Lake right here on WS:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jennifer Short

I've been wondering about a possible connection between Joseph Duncan & the Short family murders. North of Bassett, VA is a large lake, the Smith Mountain Lake, which is a place that is popular with scuba divers and sounds like a great place to visit.
http://www.virginiasbestkeptsecret.com/scubadiving.html

The Short family murders occurred on August 15. In mid-August there is an annual antique boat show at the Smith Mountain Lake. Is it possible that Joseph Duncan, who liked to travel as evidenced in his hobbies of geocaching & scuba diving, who even visited his "doctor friend" Richard Wacksman in Florida where he scuba dived, traveled south and east to southern Virginia, visited Smith Mountain Lake ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back