100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might, and I know where you are going with this question. It's been my experience that the transactions for gasoline purchases & inside slushie & cheeto purchases appear on the bank statement in a different formats. I only had WAMU for a very short time so I can't be positive about WAMU but I do know those transactions always appear that way on both BB&T & BOA statements in different formats.

I miss WAMU.

:hand: No more how you hurt your fingers stories!

Can anyone summarize neatly for me what I missed? Much appreciated.

My biggest hope now is that JM offers her a plea if she will publicly, loudly, sincerely, and at great length admit that the pedophilia story is not true and that she lied, lied, lied. I know the family wants her to get the DP, but to me it would be worth it.

Not gonna happen. She is really enjoying this, the way she enjoyed slaughtering Travis and pretending to have no memory of it. She will take it to her death.

Thank you Stephanie Hart PI!!

Jodi hand-picked her car from the rental lot - a Ford Focus.

The Focus has a 13.5 gallon tank and gets approximately 28 MPG (combined City and Highway to be fair) for a total of approximately 378 miles per tank. (3) 5 gallon tanks, or enough for an additional 13.5 gallons would therefore allow you to drive approx 756 miles total.

The approximate distance between Pasadena, Travis' home in Mesa and I-15 in Nevada is 740 miles

Juan is proving Jodi had the 3rd gas can, enabling her to get to Travis' and back on her "supposed" CA to UT route without getting sidetracked in AZ.

She NEVER stopped for gas in Desert Center, CA and Buckeye, AZ as she claims. As this would have deviated from her So. Cal to Utah route. Besides, she wouldn't NEED to stop to fill up (as she testified to) after only driving 150 miles between each station.

Juan will demonstrate that she lied about Desert Center, lied about Buckeye and lied about the third gas can. The numbers are too perfect of a match and will prove premeditation beyond a reasonable doubt.

I'm now 100% convinced now that Jodi will get the DP. It's over folks. This jury showed us yesterday - they aren't stupid.

Suicidal thoughts are not uncommon - in fact most people will have suicidal thoughts in times of crisis (National Association for the Mentally Ill).

Arias thought about suicide - so what! Arias had no problem planning to murder and butchering Travis Alexander. If Arias wanted to kill herself - it seems as though she would be able to do so.

I do not believe that Arias is or ever has been suicidal - plus it seems as though it is not important considering suicidal thoughts are not uncommon, she did not kill herself, yet she did stab Travis almost 30 times, slit his throat, and shoot him in the head -- then she did her best to clean up her mess & get away with her crime.
People with Antisocial Personality Disorder actually have higher rate of suicide. Although Jodi clearly falls into this category, she truly believes she is sooooo much smarter than everyone else and she can lie her way out of anything. She has never been despondent because of those beliefs and was never serious about killing herself. She MIGHT be considering it soon though.

Not picking on you, really! But the only transaction between the Redding car hire and the SLC gas is for yet more gas in Nevada!

Well since they were NV before UT, I figured it must be someone else.

But then I remembered that credit card transactions aren't always posted in order.

You are right...it's all her.

I wish JM could somehow get the actual transaction of those purchases. Isn't there a way for the gas station to know what she purchased, or at least be able to prove it was gas?

I don't know if this has been mentioned...

The ONE receipt missing from the gas station in SLC was for 5 gallons of gas? This is HUGE to me. I guess she wasn't in such a fog after all. :waitasec:

i'm sure nurmi is figuring out as we speak other crap she bought that amounted to $19.65 or whatever it was. i think the point has been made---but she seemed to be caught so off guard by the question she didn't even start trying to explain 'well, i also bought blah blah.....'

that's what i expected but she didn't do it. i'm sure she will when nurmi gets her back, if he DOES get her back.

And I am nearly relieved to tears that he is focusing on THE ACTIONS JODI TOOK TO PLAN TRAVIS' MURDER. Not defending Travis from spurious (there's a word for ya Jodi, no charge) character accusations. This is where the trial will be won. It's not "prove Travis wasn't a bad guy" but "PROVE JODI PLANNED AND COMMITTED THIS CRIME".

If I were Alyce Laviolette, I would be $hitting myself.

I knew that Juan Martinez would bring the truth forth. I never doubted it for one nano second.

I do think he is proving this is a case where the victim has been falsely accused by the defendant.

He is defending Travis' honor to the fullest and he is telling that jury not to believe such stupid diabolical lies that he was a pedophile and an abuser or anything else this cold blooded murderer has to say.

I think the jury is getting the message loud and clear.

IMO

Watching this with Juan again.
He did it. He proved premeditation.

She had all 3 gas cans because she wanted to make sure she did not stop in Arizona and leave a trail. She planned it and executed him and then went and filled 3 gas cans to get home..

Im glad Juan has Travis's back.

I am way behind, so sorry if this was already discussed

After the Priceline charge on the bank statement JM showed, there was a charge for $28 at the Sacramento Airport. did we know she was there?

Another seemingly minor point but did anybody get to the bottom of what happened to those pesky screws? The ones the 'skata boyz' must have undone to allegedly remove her front licence plate? She didn't mention retrieving them so perhaps Ryan had some spares handy when he helped her replace it, and flip her rear one right side up. Good job someone had a toolkit. The devil's in those details!

videos of the trial popped up!

Washington Mutual gives out statements right?

Ummmm..... I get them online.

She has to argue everything! I think by the jury questions they see this too! She doesn't shake one bit when JM questions her! She fights him! :gavel:

I was half expecting her to say, "Washington Mutual doesn't exist anymore." Just to be a pain. :rolleyes:

Suicidal thoughts are not uncommon - in fact most people will have suicidal thoughts in times of crisis (National Association for the Mentally Ill).

Arias thought about suicide - so what! Arias had no problem planning to murder and butchering Travis Alexander. If Arias wanted to kill herself - it seems as though she would be able to do so.

I do not believe that Arias is or ever has been suicidal - plus it seems as though it is not important considering suicidal thoughts are not uncommon, she did not kill herself, yet she did stab Travis almost 30 times, slit his throat, and shoot him in the head -- then she did her best to clean up her mess & get away with her crime.

I agree with you. IF (notice it's a big if ) she was suicidal and didn't go through with it she would have gotten those letters back. A suicide note is one of the most personal things you could ever write. Also, it would make sense to me that if she were suicidal she would have used that gun on herself when she woke up from her fog and realized she had slaughtered the love of her life.

He's so smart. He not only proved that she lied, but that she lied while answering the jurors' questions. Now it's personal.

Not gonna happen. She is really enjoying this, the way she enjoyed slaughtering Travis and pretending to have no memory of it. She will take it to her death.

I agree. I don't think she's capable of admitting she's ever wrong. I was just wondering what Nurmi & Wilmott would do. If I were them, I wouldn't want to continue. But you know JM's not going to take the DP off the table for anything less.

It bothers me a lot that everything JA said about Travis is all over the internet and will be there forever. Ten years from now somebody could walk up to one of his siblings and say "Hey, isn't that pedophile your brother?" If she would come out and say it's all a lie (like we know it is) at least that would be something.

But, like you say, I don't think she can or would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966