100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 17th day on the stand #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AND she can't remember the psychologist's name she allegedly told about Travis's (eyes roll) pedophelia???

OMG this woman is beyond unbearable!!!!!

Who here said Jodi was intelligent?

I told ya all she wasn't!

Roflmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my take why the Gas cans that Juan drill JA about is that she was aware of purchasing the gas before and after her road trip. JA said she doesn't remember things she did after the murder but she had to purchase the gas for her return trip. So looks to me she she wasn't in a fog afterall.. She aware of what she was doing throughout the the entire trip. JMO..

Which Tesoro gas station was she at? I noticed there is a Starbucks near one of them. :floorlaugh:

Would a gas station that has an attached convenience store be open for store purchases that early in the morning? I know some only have an attendent for gas purchases and the store is not open.

did nurmi just suddenly say no more questions??? i couldn't believe he wasn't still filling up my screen when i came back!!

Yep, I was shocked and at the time bored out of my mind. That vanished when Juan stepped up and took command of the courtroom. Riveting just absolutely riveting.

IMO

A Californian strawberry Frappicino is more than a gallon of gasoline.
Puh-lease!

She most likely stole money from Travis that day too. Did the two roommates pay Junes rent I wonder? Hmmmmm.

I am still not clear what that 200-check to Travis was for. I read she damaged his car and that was partial restitution? Is that right? I did hear her at one point on the stand say 'she totalled Travis' car'. Not sure what that was all about either.

I am sorry about the Frappes in Cali. In Chicago here gas is (allegedly) the most expensive in the country.

She was making payments to him for a BMW. The $200 check was for the first two months payments. She was about to tow the car back to Yreka but left it in the wrong gear and blew out the engine. Basically, the car was totalled--but she still owed him for it.

Watching the DP Mitigator deflate was classic. She was busy giving signals to Jodi until he took her down over the gas cans. That head of hers snapped right towards her screen and she never looked back. No way to recover her from this to avoid DP. :great:

Suicidal thoughts are not uncommon - in fact most people will have suicidal thoughts in times of crisis (National Association for the Mentally Ill).

Arias thought about suicide - so what! Arias had no problem planning to murder and butchering Travis Alexander. If Arias wanted to kill herself - it seems as though she would be able to do so.

I do not believe that Arias is or ever has been suicidal - plus it seems as though it is not important considering suicidal thoughts are not uncommon, she did not kill herself, yet she did stab Travis almost 30 times, slit his throat, and shoot him in the head -- then she did her best to clean up her mess & get away with her crime.

As far as the so-called suicide letters are concerned - sorry, Arias, anything purportedly written in your hand is too suspect for me to consider. :twocents:

IMO she thought DB would never reveal that she had gotten 2 gas cans from him. He did, then the receipt of 1 5 gal purchase became a huge issue, she had to lie and say she returned it.

That the story of the gas cans imo, she is toast!!!

My biggest hope now is that JM offers her a plea if she will publicly, loudly, sincerely, and at great length admit that the pedophilia story is not true and that she lied, lied, lied. I know the family wants her to get the DP, but to me it would be worth it.

Not sure if you realize this or not but this started because it was the other way around.

She went to the State and wanted to plea to a lesser charge of manslaughter but when the State declined, she used blackmailed! She threatened that if they didn't oblige she will mar Travis' reputation in front of his entire family and his friends by bringing up these pedophile lies.

This is where the magazine encryption comes from I think. She was trying to get someone from the outside to collaborate this claim. So far......we ain't seen anyone. And the only one who is of the slightest help to Jodi is the most shadiest person out there. Gus Searis (or whatever his last name is).

It's so ironic that Jodi gets both Nurmi (who is a sex offender defender) and Gus Searis who comes off like a total and utter <mod snip>.

Like I posted a while back, Walmart does not refund cash without a receipt. They give store credit. If cash is given, the receipt is marked. Jodi has the original unmarked receipt.

Nurmi knew exactly where Juan was gonna go with this, and no doubt TRIED to tell his horror of a client there was no way she would match wits with Juan. Nurmi is doing what he can, but Jodi is defying her own attorneys at every turn.

This is my take why the Gas cans that Juan drill JA about is that she was aware of purchasing the gas before and after her road trip. JA said she doesn't remember things she did after the murder but she had to purchase the gas for her return trip. So looks to me she she wasn't in a fog afterall.. She aware of what she was doing throughout the the entire trip. JMO..

The main thing it did was showed she lied once again and is still covering up the truth.

IMO

Thank you Stephanie Hart PI!!

Jodi hand-picked her car from the rental lot - a Ford Focus.

The Focus has a 13.5 gallon tank and gets approximately 28 MPG (combined City and Highway to be fair) for a total of approximately 378 miles per tank. (3) 5 gallon tanks, or enough for an additional 13.5 gallons would therefore allow you to drive approx 756 miles total.

The approximate distance between Pasadena, Travis' home in Mesa and I-15 in Nevada is 740 miles

Juan is proving Jodi had the 3rd gas can, enabling her to get to Travis' and back on her "supposed" CA to UT route without getting sidetracked in AZ.

She NEVER stopped for gas in Desert Center, CA and Buckeye, AZ as she claims. As this would have deviated from her So. Cal to Utah route. Besides, she wouldn't NEED to stop to fill up (as she testified to) after only driving 150 miles between each station.

Juan will demonstrate that she lied about Desert Center, lied about Buckeye and lied about the third gas can. The numbers are too perfect of a match and will prove premeditation beyond a reasonable doubt.

I'm now 100% convinced now that Jodi will get the DP. It's over folks. This jury showed us yesterday - they aren't stupid.

I knew the math would add up. JM is just getting started. Stick a fork in her. She's done.

IMO
I think one reason she kept trying to hide that there was a 3rd gas can is because I think she ended up burning the bloody clothes evidence with it and I think she threw it in the fire with it so the can disappeared. She knew it could never be found so she started lying about it from the very beginning and had to stick with her story.

It also further proves premeditation to the murder because of her having all this gas so she did not have to stop for gas. She may have even actually needed 3 cans to make sure she made the trip without stopping.

Now Juan is proving she never returned that 3rd can to walmart. She is so busted on that. She definitely had the 3rd can with her.

I think the jury is realizing she has no problem lying on the stand. A jury will not take kindly being lied to.

ykaRpgL.gif

I agree with you. IF (notice it's a big if ) she was suicidal and didn't go through with it she would have gotten those letters back. A suicide note is one of the most personal things you could ever write. Also, it would make sense to me that if she were suicidal she would have used that gun on herself when she woke up from her fog and realized she had slaughtered the love of her life.

if one believes those suicide notes are authentic....which i don't. she probably wrote those when they cooked up this defense. we have no way to know when she wrote them, as far as i know. i personally don't believe she ever wanted to kill herself.

People are asking about the importance of the gas cans. I'm not certain of it but I have some ideas.

One, borrowing two and then purchasing an additional one shows more effort in premeditation. Why would someone need to go buy a gas can when they already borrowed two? Makes no sense unless you needed a lot of gas so that no one could track you by your gas purchases. If it really was just for an "emergency" one or certainly two would be sufficient. Getting that third can means there was a specific distance in mind that she needed to provide gas for.

Like maybe if you needed to get from the AZ to Mesa and then to the Utah border without needing gas along the way. From Mesa/Phoenix to the UT border is a long drive...with plenty of gas stations that she didn't want to use but which were readily available. I know-just there on vacation-been on those roads many times.

So, Pasadena to Mesa to the Utah border is about 700 miles. A 2008 Ford Focus gets 24 city, 35 highway, so average 28. At 28 mi/gallon the whole trip would take 25 gallons. But, she then filled up the car in Buckeye, restarting what she needed in terms of gas and reducing the AZ portion of the trip to 350 miles. At 28 mi/gallon that would require about 12.5 gallons. More than 10.

Also, clearly showing her lying, committing perjury, is important for the jury. Lying about an important premeditation element even more significant.

After her answer about the restraurant accident yesterday morning, I called Casa Ramos in Yrecka, CA. They are required by law to complete job-related accidents , fill out paperwork etc. I suggested that they turn on their computer and/or TV and tune-in to this trial. I also mentioned that there is likely a good chance that a Mr. Juan Martinez would be calling them! Sounds like his office called them.

Just wanting to bring this forward and re-post as IMO SoCalBuck's below explanation of what it is that is so damning regarding Jodi admitting to that third gas can actually existing, rather than just the 2 gas cans she claims..

This explanation is a good summation of the logistics of having the 3rd gas can and what a difference it makes in there being 3 gas cans rather than just 2 gas cans as she claims..

So, for any/all who are questioning what/why the big deal with the whole admitting to the 3 gas cans rather than 2 gas cans..and why Jodi is so dead set on lying about the existence of the 3rd gas can due to it being the factor that will hang her.. BELOW SoCal gives a great synopsis of what/why the importance of the 3RD GAS CAN and what detrimental significance the 3rd can is to Jodi..
Originally Posted by SoCalBuck
Rental car-
I would assume it would be something mid-sized or smaller that would get at least 25 MPG on at least a 12-15 gallon tank. She should have been able to drive 300-400 miles on a full tank. Another 15 gallons would allow her to drive at least another 400 miles, for a total of 700-800 miles.

By my calculation, if Pasadena is really the last place she filled up - she would need to travel from Pasadena to Mesa to presumably I-15 in Nevada (getting here would cover up her tracks since it is on the way from California to Utah)

This total route would be approximately 700 miles. Having the extra gas tank would ensure that she could make it undetected WITHOUT STOPPING TO FILL UP AGAIN.

Her story about stopping to "FILL UP" in Desert Center, CA AND Buckeye, AZ is a complete LIE. These destinations are only about 150 miles apart. There is no car in the Enterprise rental fleet that only goes 150 between fill ups. NONE!

JM has her dead in the cross hairs!

Hope that helps for any who are lost or confused about the whole significance of the 3RD GAS CAN'S EXISTENCE BEING PROVED!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654