2008.10.15 George Anthony Speaks UPDATED 2008.10.16 Video Added

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I too, felt sorry for George. I felt he had his "come to the mountain" moment going in front of the Grand Jury, like he had come to grips with what is happening. Then a day later he is back to this Caylee is alive crap, and still without any substantial proof what so ever. I wonder who is coaching this group, because this is one step forward and two steps back. I guess it's for the defense of Casey, they have to keep this perception that Caylee is alive, because a dead Caylee is the foundation for all the charges. This psychological game they are playing is going to really affect their minds once the trial starts.

As I was watching GA's interview I was struck by an awful realization..If the A's are so sure Caylee is still alive then why are they treating TM so badly? If my grandaughter was missing and I had proof from my daughter of another situation I would sit down with TM and say listen..here is our proof that we are not looking for a body or TM, please go look so you can prove Caylee isn't deceased..you will not find a body. This irrational behavior by CA tells me that they don't want TM to search because they are afraid he will find Caylee and prove what the evidence already suggests..What kind of person would do that? Not wanting the body of your grandaughter found so your daughter has a chance of beating the rap for killing her!:furious:

People all grieve differently. When my son died I lashed out at LE and at my mother-in-law. It has taken a little over a year for me to speak to my MIL. I still hate local LE and may always.

I see the Anthnoy's in deep grief, Somewhere between Denial & Anger. It is worse for them because they do not have a body to bury. Even if they do find Caylee's remains, I am not sure they will accept them as their grand-daughter. It will take them months to years to accept Caylee is truely gone, If that ever happens.

On KC: Caylee potentally dead by her hand, and a death penalty case over her head. I think GA will come around before CA, but I don't think at the moment it has sunk in yet KC could also be gone form their lives forever. It is a double loss, that is impossible too endure at once.

The A's, parents of KC, grandparents of Caylee, deserve our sympathy & prayers. They didn't deserve to be put in the fish eye of the media, nor should we judge them from their reactions to everything in these first few months. They are only human, and no human is ever perfect.

The emotional roller coaster of loosing a child is different than loosing a loved one who is your parent or sibling. There are things no one should ever have to do or bear, and I think this is in the top 10.

Respectfully Snipped: This irrational behavior by CA tells me that they don't want TM to search because they are afraid he will find Caylee and prove what the evidence already suggests..What kind of person would do that? Not wanting the body of your grandaughter found so your daughter has a chance of beating the rap for killing her!:furious:

This irrational behavior is classic grief. They don't want to search for a body because they will have to face the reality that Caylee is dead. I doubt seriously anything more than that goes through their hearts and heads at this time.

xdaten,

I am so sorry you lost your son. You are so right that no one should have to go through that.

So was Steve Groene being ridiculous, stupid, and all the other things that people are choosing to say about George when it was suspected Dylans body was found but had yet to be iofficially dentified..

""Until someone tells us 100 percent sure that that's Dylan, we still feel that he's out there and he's safe and is going to come home," Groene told reporters."

Or was Mark Klaas wrong in saying this about the Van Dam's prior to Danielles little body being found

"There's no reason in the world anybody should ever give up hope on this little child, until there is absolutely proof put in front of them."

Or Brenda VanD's plea
"I have to just keep hope that she's still alive and that she is coming home."

Or when it appeared everyone was against the Smarts and things looked really bad, was Ed a fool for holding out hope?

This is normal behavior on the part of George Anthony. Hope is really all they have left - everything else is gone. :(

Here are my observations of what we are seeing manifested:

1) This IS a dysfunctional family. They have been for X number of years. We do not know the depth, but we can certainly see the symptoms in Casey and in Cindy.

2) Like I said yesterday, and we all know this, Casey was not raised by wild monkeys. She was raised by George and Cindy. She didn't become a soociopathic liar and thief overnight ( leaving her child's murder out of this) . She started these behaviors in childhood or early teens. A good person wouldn't do what she did with the credit card thefts and the stealing of her own grandparents money, wouldn't plan what she planned even before Caylee went missing( was killed by her mother).
George and Cindy bear a huge burden for what they ALLOWED Casey to become without proper supervision, or at least, without any remedial measures such as having her face the legal consequences of her actions at the time or sending her to an adolescent Psych. long-term facility.
Casey had to have underlying emotional/ mental problems as a child or young teen.

3) The fact that George shows sorrow is a sign that he, at least, has a conscience, and has grief, in some measure, over the tragic situation his family is in.
However, his words about finding a live Caylee is a classic example of people who are in denial about their family member's death. I must tread lightly in saying this, but people, there are cases here which only lack a body. There is credible evidence that the person is long deceased, but the family refuses to accept what investigators tell them because there is no body, and the case remains marked unsolved.There is a case here, where I have talked to the mother, and I felt very strongly that a known serial killer in the same town at the same time killed her daughter over 20 years ago. I asked her about the man and she didn't know who I was talking about. I contacted the sheriff's department in charge to discuss the possibility that the teen was a victim of this serial killer, and the Sheriff's investigator who was assigned to the case said that they had NO doubt but that the girl was a teen victim of this man. She even looks startlingly like one of his 4 known victims. The problem is that he is sitting on death row, with nothing to lose, and will not give up either how he disposed of the bodies, or where the remains may be. Simply refuses to do so. There are probably over 20 long missing young women of a certain body and hair type which he will not " give up" to LE.
So, we have people like the heartbroken mother who keeps looking for a LIVE daughter. Despite everything, which is enormous evidence that this man used his usual MO and snatched her from a city street over 20 years ago, the mother is looking for an older, alive daughter.
For those who are new to this type of denial, we are seeing it with the Anthonys. The fact that their own daughter is now in jail on murder charges hasn't seemed to lessen their denial. I don't understand this in Caylee's case especially, because I believe I could accept death if a detective told me about the decomp. in the car, which the Anthony's smelled for themselves!!

4) We do NOT know what George did or did not tell the GJ. We may never know unless it was significant enough to come out in trial.
However, I believe that he does love Caylee and Casey, and I believe he has a deeper sense of responsibility to Caylee at this point than Cindy has manifested to us publicly.

5) He may have felt quite differently yesterday while talking with HIS attorney pre- GJ and during the GJ testimony than he does today, after 12+ hours back in his home, with his wife and son, but without his daughter. I was disappointed in what he said in the interview I watched, but I can see why he would say he supports Casey while he continues to hope that Caylee is found alive. It's a straw house he lives in and it will come tumbling down, but it's his and their reality for now.

Everything I believe about this is tragic and sad. There's no way for it to be anything but.

People all grieve differently. When my son died I lashed out at LE and at my mother-in-law. It has taken a little over a year for me to speak to my MIL. I still hate local LE and may always.

I see the Anthnoy's in deep grief, Somewhere between Denial & Anger. It is worse for them because they do not have a body to bury. Even if they do find Caylee's remains, I am not sure they will accept them as their grand-daughter. It will take them months to years to accept Caylee is truely gone, If that ever happens.

On KC: Caylee potentally dead by her hand, and a death penalty case over her head. I think GA will come around before CA, but I don't think at the moment it has sunk in yet KC could also be gone form their lives forever. It is a double loss, that is impossible too endure at once.

The A's, parents of KC, grandparents of Caylee, deserve our sympathy & prayers. They didn't deserve to be put in the fish eye of the media, nor should we judge them from their reactions to everything in these first few months. They are only human, and no human is ever perfect.

The emotional roller coaster of loosing a child is different than loosing a loved one who is your parent or sibling. There are things no one should ever have to do or bear, and I think this is in the top 10.

Thank you xdaten! what a heartbreaking post... I'm so sorry about your son. I hope your unfortunate wisdom on the subject opens some hearts to the Anthony's unbearable grief.

"Baez and the Anthonys have said the real story will come out in court." www.wesh.com

http://www.wftv.com/video/17719972/index.html

Er, yeaah... ya mean like those people they're "watching?" Just when we hoped GA was finally facing reality. At this point it sounds like the only way to "keep hope alive" is by burying the truth. Denial isn't faith. Faith does not call those things that ARE (already) as though they WEREN'T, it calls those things that are NOT (yet) as though they WERE (huge difference). Why not have HOPE their daughter will one day confess, or FAITH their granddaughter will one day receive a proper burial? So long as they go on clinging to false hope these parents, and grandparents, are only perpetuating their daughter's web of deceit--and not assisting her in any way to accept responsibility or face the truth. Yesterday I had such high hopes for GA and actually believed him when he said he was thinking of his granddaughter. And that it might bring CA--and by the strength of their agreement, eventually even KC around to reality. But today there he is with both feet firmly planted back in LaLaLand, either regressing or totally caving to CA, enabling the deception which is itself a HUGE payoff for KC, and reason enough for her to maintain the lies. JMHUO

I thought GA was there to tell the truth yesterday, but I guess I was wrong. I take back every nice thing I said about him! I honestly thought he was helping to put an end to the charade and to help bring Caylee home by doing the right thing by her. Sad to see this morning's interview. The hype that MN and GA put on before his testimony is BS. I should have known. I feel duped. Shame on me for EVER listening to a defense attorney's spin!! :doh:

:waitasec: I stand in agreement with you SeriouslySearching. I thought after yesterday that GA was on solid ground. As difficult as it was for him to testify against his daughter - for him to give this interview this morning completely baffels me. :eek:

What sort of reality are these people living in? I feel like we are watching an episode of the Twilight Zone :confused:

So was Steve Groene being ridiculous, stupid, and all the other things that people are choosing to say about George when it was suspected Dylans body was found but had yet to be iofficially dentified..

""Until someone tells us 100 percent sure that that's Dylan, we still feel that he's out there and he's safe and is going to come home," Groene told reporters."

Or was Mark Klaas wrong in saying this about the Van Dam's prior to Danielles little body being found

"There's no reason in the world anybody should ever give up hope on this little child, until there is absolutely proof put in front of them."

Or Brenda VanD's plea

Or when it appeared everyone was against the Smarts and things looked really bad, was Ed a fool for holding out hope?

This is normal behavior on the part of George Anthony. Hope is really all they have left - everything else is gone. :(
I did not see ANY of the people you mentioned above lying, making statements about how LE was lying, or openly trying to cover up for the person last seen with those children!! I don't see how we can compare those statements or actions with what has transpired with the A fam.

This irrational behavior is classic grief. They don't want to search for a body because they will have to face the reality that Caylee is dead. I doubt seriously anything more than that goes through their hearts and heads at this time.
This is how I see it too. They just cannot, right now, accept the possibility that Caylee is dead.

When the media refrains from giving this family any more coverage maybe they can try something else. Today CinA said she was "shielding her daughter." Does that make any sense?
GA is wrong. People did NOT give up. Does he have a clue how much time, effort, and money has been used looking for his granddaugher with no help from the only person who can give information.TES was out there. CinA did not want TM there. Private search groups were organized, people were there. In reality the evidence is not something the family wants to accept.
It is horrific.
His daughter refused to cooperate although she was given ample opportunity.
If he had not been subpeoned by the GJ what are the chances he would have spoken?
Although it is never pleasant to witness someone who is beaten down and hurting, GA and CinA have chosen their paths.

I think he told the truth yesterday, and we saw him being truthful, and now today's a new day to begin doing what little he thinks he can do to try to still save his daughter, despite what he knows to be true. Guess he still has hopes that despite his telling the truth when under oath there might be folks out there who could end up in the jury pool who he can now *help* have reasonable doubt.

I did not see ANY of the people you mentioned above lying, making statements about how LE was lying, or openly trying to cover up for the person last seen with those children!! I don't see how we can compare those statements or actions with what has transpired with the A fam.

The point was - everyone holds on to hope, even when it appears very obvious to others that there is none.

Quote: It is worse for them because they do not have a body to bury. Even if they do find Caylee's remains, I am not sure they will accept them as their grand-daughter... It is a double loss, that is impossible too endure at once... The A's, parents of KC, grandparents of Caylee, deserve our sympathy & prayers. They didn't deserve to be put in the fish eye of the media...

It IS a double loss. So what's to be gained by denying their granddaughter a burial? These parents/grandparents deserve our prayers--and no parent deserves to bury a child much less a grandchild. But it can hardly all be simply written off as "fate." It is the same pattern of excusing and enabling which brought them to this tragic point. It is time to require some honesty and accountability and stop sacrificing the innocent grandchild for the culpable child. JMHUO

I thought GA was there to tell the truth yesterday, but I guess I was wrong. I take back every nice thing I said about him! I honestly thought he was helping to put an end to the charade and to help bring Caylee home by doing the right thing by her. Sad to see this morning's interview. The hype that MN and GA put on before his testimony is BS. I should have known. I feel duped. Shame on me for EVER listening to a defense attorney's spin!! :doh:

I totally agree. I thought that finally he was stepping up and doing the right thing, and I think all of that yesterday before the GJ hearing was for show, sadly. MN went on to say how GA was doing the unthinkable, which led everyone to believe he was going to face the truth and tell the truth, even if it meant holding Casey accountable for her actions. No one knows what he testified to, that's for sure, but to lead the public to believe that yesterday he was going in there to be a voice for Caylee, and then turn around and say the things he said this morning, now that is doing the unthinkable!

They are not doing Casey any favors by not holding her accountable for her actions. It's pretty clear to me why she is, where she is today. A child will never grow and learn, if at some point in their life (and this should be done from the time they are a child), you don't hold them accountable and teach them right from wrong. One can still stand behind their child and support them and love them, while knowing they did something wrong. Parents do it every day. But to continue to feed into her lies, say she has done absolutely nothing wrong, and toss around mis-placed blame, is just wrong on so many levels.

Or Brenda VanD's plea

Very True. If a body is never found I believe they will always wonder and hope. I think we all would if it was our own child. Could you imagine how hard it would be to be in their position? To believe their beloved precious granddaughter is dead, but also face that their daughter may have killed her!
Heartbreaking!

:waitasec: I stand in agreement with you SeriouslySearching. I thought after yesterday that GA was on solid ground. As difficult as it was for him to testify against his daughter - for him to give this interview this morning completely baffels me. :eek:

What sort of reality are these people living in? I feel like we are watching an episode of the Twilight Zone :confused:

IMO, they are living in the ONLY reality they can bare to live in right now.

Or Brenda VanD's plea

What you are doing, and I have seen it done time after time, is focusing on one thing at the exclusion of all else.
I will even say forget the 31 days Caylee was not reported missing, as we are talking about the family, not Casey, and this, IMO, was beyond their control.

In all those other cases you have cited, was decomp found in a suspicious area associated with these missing children?
Did any of these people lie to cover for the POI?
Did any of these people cooperate with LE and searchers?
Did any of these people deliberately try to mislead searchers?

Speaking only for myself, I didn't follow the Smart case very much, and I did think Elizabeth was dead. However, I never thought anything was wrong with the Smart family for believing she was alive. This case and that case, other than having a missing child, have nothing else in common.
Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back