2009.03.16 Nancy Grace Mon. night exclusive w/ Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't I hear TN state that GGM was "dropping off clean clothes" between 7 & 8 o'clock..?? Is she trying to Narrow the timeline?

I'll check back on that when the show goes to Utube or is transcripted (sometimes...that seems to take forever!!)
It's been said before that TN's mother had dropped off stuff at the house around 7pm with another version that she just drove by around 7pm and saw Haleigh & Jr. sitting on the front porch having dinner. :waitasec:

Nancy's on again for anybody who missed her the first time!

It really bothers me that Ron says Crystal made up the whole man in black story. He doesn't want to take focus off Haleigh, but accusations are taking away the focus. How does he know for sure Crystal made it up, and why wasn't he concerned that JR did see something. Crystal would have no reason to make up a bogus story. Maybe there is more to that story than just the man in black. WTH doesn't anyone ever ask about JR being awake that night according to Misti. He could have seen something.

I'm not concerned that RC doesn't believe that story. I want to know if LE believe it? I want to know if LE thinks it's a valid lead? RC..CS...:razz: that's between RC and CS and I'm not payin them no mind while they duke it out over that. JMHO

It really bothers me that Ron says Crystal made up the whole man in black story. He doesn't want to take focus off Haleigh, but accusations are taking away the focus. How does he know for sure Crystal made it up, and why wasn't he concerned that JR did see something. Crystal would have no reason to make up a bogus story. Maybe there is more to that story than just the man in black. WTH doesn't anyone ever ask about JR being awake that night according to Misti. He could have seen something.

Yes!
See, I don't think Ron hurt Haleigh. I don't even think Misty did. But Misty is obviously holding something back; as Mark Klaas said - they have great minds there doing these interviews.

So while I don't think either of them harmed her, I am left with the constant itch of "Whys?"

- Why be so dogmatic that it wasn't a man in black?
- " that Haleigh didn't go outside? (looking for Misty through the open door?)
- " that the cousin was not there?
- " that Misty was there all night? How can they know she is telling the truth, whole truth, and nothing but the truth? and want so badly for us to believe it, even though LE disagreed? (This is why the marriage is so relevant to me.)

If it were me (I know that's a weak basis, but) there is no way on earth I would be so cool and confident about my husband (even of many years, and parent to my boys) if LE was making it so clear they saw him stonewalling and key to the investigation, and I was gone and had no way of knowing. :waitasec:

Wasn't it reported last week sometime by the previous tenant of this trailer that he put up a dead bolt, up very high on that door, and that Haleigh could not reach it up so high. Tonight Ron said that he went to wal-mart and purchased new ones, removed the ones that were there, and put his own in.....I know that the door is a metal door on the inside because that is what trailer doors are made of....I tried to look very close tonight for previous holes way up high, and saw NONE. Isn't that odd?? Maybe it's a new door???

I too live in a modular, and my door is wood. I think it varies from manufactures.. although there would still be a hole unless he replaced the door JMO

I too live in a modular, and my door is wood. I think it varies from manufactures.. although there would still be a hole unless he replaced the door JMO
Thanks! I'm gonna look again while NG is on now. Looks like one of the older brown metal, and maybe some kind of vinyl cover on the outside... I saw the little peep whole, but I saw no holes where previous locks would have been way up high...

(my blue)
I don't disagree with most of that, ceeker, but regarding the blue part, I guess my biggest hangup about this case is that I even trying to, I simply cannot bring myself to see Ron as gullible. :waitasec:

ITA, he doesn't see gullible or the type that would believe and support Misty's shenanigans. So why is he supporting her and claiming that she's not a suspect, etc. etc. IMO, no one would cover for Misty, but I think Misty, his mom and grandma among other people would cover for Ron.

It's been said before that TN's mother had dropped off stuff at the house around 7pm with another version that she just drove by around 7pm and saw Haleigh & Jr. sitting on the front porch having dinner. :waitasec:

Nancy's on again for anybody who missed her the first time!

The only story I have ever heard is that Grandma Sikes dropped off clean clothes around 7pm. When she was there Haleigh and JR were sitting on the front porch eating dinner (I suspected the front covered porch as at 7pm it would be dark?) She said she kissed and hugged them and talked to them while Misty took the clothes in.

About the Miss Nancy thing, O/T I am 47 yrs old, I am known by every child in this neighborhood as Miss Kathy. My Husband has many many young soldiers and invariably all that are from the south will never call me by my first name it's either Mam', Mrs. "R" or if I have taken a particular liking to them and they can always tell :) they too call me Miss Kathy. It's regional.

I liked when it was said that the Custody battle to soon commence and the wedding are side shows. IMHO they are, and they distract from the real issue here and that is Haleigh.

I agree with NG that the wedding is a whole 'nother kettle of fish to fry and I hope that Haleigh comes home soon so we can all have a fish fry...Just my humble opinion.

I think in this family's simple mind that they thought and maybe still think Spousal priviledge still applies in this case.

About the Miss Nancy thing, O/T I am 47 yrs old, I am known by every child in this neighborhood as Miss Kathy. My Husband has many many young soldiers and invariably all that are from the south will never call me by my first name it's either Mam', Mrs. "R" or if I have taken a particular liking to them and they can always tell :) they too call me Miss Kathy. It's regional.

Thanks, Miss Kathy. Oh...that's fun to say. :smile:

(Bold Me)
He said something REALLY weird here....he said he changed the lock because he didn't want THIS TO HAPPEN...not so no one could burglarize the house etc. he implied he was thinking specifically that THIS might happen.

Strange answer indeed! I'd normally think about a burglary before a child abduction.

That's the feeling I got from what he was doing with his eyes, like he was stressing that point. IF he has thoughts on who did this then why the stand still??

I just got home from classes and speed-read thru all of the posts as I didn't get to see NG. What struck me is Ron's comment about who lived in the home prior to him, his mention of changing the locks, and of course the remarks in the posts above. If I read correctly he states that his Reverand's parent's lived in the home - I had previously seen some information regarding the Rev's son being a RSO. Out of curiousity I did check the the registry for that area and I did find a young man with the same last name. Now I can't confirm 100% that this RSO is related, (son to rev/grandson to previous tenants) but perhaps someone else knows more or has the resources/ability to find out. I disregarded it before because I didn't know what the connection would be to the trailer that R & M were living in...

I think in this family's simple mind that they thought and maybe still think Spousal priviledge still applies in this case.

I respect your opinion Suzi. I always do when you post. But I disagree in that they are simple minded and that they assumed spousal priviledge and therefore got married. But that's what makes WS's as great as it is isnt' it? :)

The only story I have ever heard is that Grandma Sikes dropped off clean clothes around 7pm. When she was there Haleigh and JR were sitting on the front porch eating dinner (I suspected the front covered porch as at 7pm it would be dark?) She said she kissed and hugged them and talked to them while Misty took the clothes in.
It's basically what I've heard too, just that I think the part about her interacting with the kids was omitted in one report (can't remember where that one came from though).

Nancy's showing the back door again. :D

Nope, no holes in that door from a previous lock way up high!! It is one of the older metal doors.

I wonder would the front porch that is covered have a porch light in it? That could explain why the kid's were eating out there after dark? Dunno.

Perhaps my story will give a different perspective on Misty.

Three years ago I went to my son's apartment and found that he had died during the night. He was in his twenties - I was in my fifties. I have no idea what I said to LE and para-medics that responded to my call. It took me some time to even be able to call 911. To this day, I could not tell anyone what happened and in what order that morning. I don't remember all of the next days or his funeral.

I have been in therapy ever since and have been told I may never recall - it's how your brain protects you. When something like that happens, you are in shock and don't always repond "normally".

It's easy to be critical, but unless you've been in a similar situation, you have no clue how you would react.

I pray for Haliegh's safe return every day. I also pray for Ron and Misty and Crystal and both families. No one can completely recover from losing a child.

I'm sorry for your loss.
It is a very traumatic event to see your child no matter the age, deceased.
That is something very few people could get over. jmo

To date though, their last image of Haleigh is hugs, kisses, I love you, and sleeping, that is unless they are involved in her disappearance.

I wonder would the front porch that is covered have a porch light in it? That could explain why the kid's were eating out there after dark? Dunno.
I'd think it would have to ~ this was before daylight savings time started and even with the full moon it seems the covered porch would be dark. MOO

I'd think it would have to ~ this was before daylight savings time started and even with the full moon it seems the covered porch would be dark. MOO
I agree, especially since we know that Haleigh was so afraid of the dark.

It's basically what I've heard too, just that I think the part about her interacting with the kids was omitted in one report (can't remember where that one came from though).

Nancy's showing the back door again. :D

I wonder how far the light falls from the kitchen. Would it illuminate the back door?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay