2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - PM edition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a suggestion, but I was a pen clicker at one time -- I'm one of those who always has to be doing something with their hands.

Instead of driving my co-workers crazy, I switched to a paper clip. I could fiddle it about in my hands quietly, and for some reason it calmed my nerves.

I think I'll send JB a box and say "please use these for your nervous tic instead of clicking that dang pen".

MOO

Mel

You know what doesn't click??? Crayons

Pssst KC......JB needs them back.

Personally, I think there should be (or at least in THIS case) a time limit set on questioning.

2 hours for questioning your own witness...

1 hour for cross...

1/2 hour for redirect.

If the defense can't get their point across in the time allowed...cut them off! :maddening:

The last expert is not even qualified ! If money is so tight,why continue with him? If it's all appellate issues,why have any deadlines or budgets or rulzzzz?:waitasec::banghead:

CM knew exactly what he was doing when he claimed it wouldn't take very long today. HE KNEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very disappointed the HHJP did not stick to his guns. Although, I understand the reasons, but I think those reasons were already there and apparent, before he said they would stay late and work weekends if needed.

If you are gonna say it, time to back it up. Baez and team will never shape up if he doesn't.

I will be surprised if this trial starts on time.

Going now to see what I can catch up on, Only caught about the last hour and half today.

prunes?? when did prunes get mixed up in this :eek:

Keep Up, would U! WE are all suppose to eat a prune, every time ICA grooms herself.

Geesh! Make sure you buy them ahead of time. Don't want to run out. :fence:

Perhaps he shouldn't make hollow promises, then? He's been threatening work on the week-ends since the beginning. Did he just realize the cost involved? Might be cheaper to just require the defense to follow the rules.....and tell the truth....and stop stalling....

And so.... this is where the ambush tactics from JB are causing problems. That whole issue took how much time today? Not only are there costs for JP to pay his staff overtime but also having ICA brought in. I'd bet my last dollar CM is well acquainted with these drills, threats, procedures. Thanks to the big mouth Garner lady she blabbed to the media about the budget restraints so I'm sure he knew JP could not make good on the weekend threats and let JB know. I don't think DCS is happy about having to spend all this time there though.

Just a suggestion, but I was a pen clicker at one time -- I'm one of those who always has to be doing something with their hands.

Instead of driving my co-workers crazy, I switched to a paper clip. I could fiddle it about in my hands quietly, and for some reason it calmed my nerves.

I think I'll send JB a box and say "please use these for your nervous tic instead of clicking that dang pen".

MOO

Mel

I throw away all pens at work with clickers. I cannot stand them. Very nerve racking.

Im only saying the obvious..THE STATE is READY..Judge Perrry is READY..but of course JB and friends are NOT!! Would an appellate court really address apeals on disallowing defense due processes?..Yikes..It not like they were forced to a deadline they couldnt adhere to.. Would Appeal Court actually hold Judge Perry accountable for DT's errors, waste of time and delays??..I dont know, thats why I am asking:maddening:

I cant help but feel CM will retire after this case..so he doesnt give a care..and JB will be found unfitted to folow his "Code of Conduct" or whatever the term used??..So JB best be googling for a career post trial :twocents:

It has become quite obvious to Judge P he cannot accept defense will conform to rules, or do things in a timely manner..so time and half for staff ..surely isnt worth it....:banghead:

Interesting pen clicking observations.

http://www.impactednurse.com/?p=791

Want to know how stressed out any particular area of your hospital is at any given time?
Well it’s simple really.
Go to the main staff desk or write-up area of the ward and take a moment to listen to the pen clicking.

He has read up on information pertaining to this case. No expertise, just read about it. :banghead:

Hey, maybe we can all go down to Orlando and be an EXPERT witness on this case. We have all read A LOT about it ...her at WS.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

What I saw today............ (Click on blue title bar)

[ame="http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/LifeCoachOnTheCouch/An%20album%20of%20hearings%20-%20Justice%20for%20Caylee/Frye%20-%20April%201/?action=view&current=9e1bb613.pbw"]Frye - April 1 :: APRIL 1, 2011 Hearing...........as I saw it! slideshow by LifeCoachOnTheCouch - Photobucket[/ame]

Or if you prefer, one by one here: http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/...hearings - Justice for Caylee/Frye - April 1/

I'm standing by this going to trial on May 9th, 2011. Yes, these hearings are going into the third week... Judge Perry will make his decisions the week of April 10th-15th. The week of the 18th-22nd and the week of April 24th-29th can deal with any lingering issues (motions) and he will make all his final decisions in the week of May 2nd-6th. Jury selection will begin on May 9th.

I'm not betting money on it... but I don't think Judge Perry has any intentions on delaying this trial.

And so.... this is where the ambush tactics from JB are causing problems. That whole issue took how much time today? Not only are there costs for JP to pay his staff overtime but also having ICA brought in. I'd bet my last dollar CM is well acquainted with these drills, threats, procedures. Thanks to the big mouth Garner lady she blabbed to the media about the budget restraints so I'm sure he knew JP could not make good on the weekend threats and let JB know. I don't think DCS is happy about having to spend all this time there though.

Hotel reservations have to be made soon. They haven't even picked a jury and they're still stuck on the Frye hearings. I doubt they'll finish them next week. I'd like to send over a judge from Texas to get this to trial.

There is no way this trial can start in May.

Have them lined up outside all in the same outfit with umbrellas and a mic!
He's have to run the guantlet.

Found them! Sorry, feeling silly today...:crazy:

Attachments

• cm and jb.jpg
    cm and jb.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 14
Personally, I think there should be (or at least in THIS case) a time limit set on questioning.

2 hours for questioning your own witness...

1 hour for cross...

1/2 hour for redirect.

If the defense can't get their point across in the time allowed...cut them off! :maddening:

In most federal courts that's EXACTLY what they do.

In many of my pretrial pleadings each side has to give an estimate of how much direct, cross, and redirect is expected for every witness. And in some jurisdictions in Federal Courts you are allotted so many hours to put on your case in chief. So the teams have to bring in stop watches and keep track of how long they run. And we keep a running tally everyday. This crap would never be tolerated in Federal Courts.

I throw away all pens at work with clickers. I cannot stand them. Very nerve racking.

Tell me about it! Like many other posters at WS,I have a son with Autism. Can you say stimming? Things like pen clicking and flappy hands (I'm Flappy when I'm Happy)are self stimulating behaviors. Everyone does them to some extent ,and they can help organize thought in the brain or release anxiety,but people with autism and sensory integration disorders carry it to the extreme.
My DS used to bang cabinet doors over and over and over :crazy:
Now he rubs the corner of towels and does this over /through,over through looks with his glasses.That and visual lines ,like hedges,lined up toy cars,steel beams......back and forth,back and forth. Makes that pen clicking seem like nothing :rollercoaster:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rswilliams65