2011.04.04 Motion Defendant's: For Withdrawal of Appointed Counsel

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Aside from wishful thinking on my part, because I'd love to see Baez disbarred, I don't believe for one minute that any member of the DT had a hand in this mess at all.

Well, you have to admit Jackson certainly got a reaction. :floorlaugh: I wonder if JB saw the news yesterday and was worried for even a little while.

I don't mean like that. I think they set this up specifically to show that the media is unreliable. Look at Baez, right there to say those exact words not long after this hoax came out. I think CM lied, and I think they used this crazy inmate to make a point. I mean, how could he know how to make his letter look like an exact motion the way he did? I just don't think Curtis Jackson is that smart or that well written. Something stinks here and it's the DT.

they call them jailhouse lawyers!

they call them jailhouse lawyers!

What would a jailhouse lawyer get out of messing with another case? That doesn't make any sense to me, unless Jackson asked about how to do a motion, but didn't tell his lawyer exactly what he was going to do?

Everyone keeps saying this guy is crazy...but if you read the actual motion, it sounds pretty on target to me!

I only stated about WFTV because of your previous post:

"Blame WESH for reporting this BS before confirming it".
WESH was just the example I used, but slide whatever news outlet you like in there or all of them. I don't care.

I don't know why I even bothered, but WESH has updated their "story". "If the judge grants the motion..." Really??? :rolleyes:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- New court documents show someone has asked Judge Belvin Perry to let Jose Baez go on Casey Anthony's behalf.

A court document filed by a prisoner in another state motioned for Baez's removal from the case.

Casey's main attorneys are Jose Baez and veteran defense lawyer Cheney Mason. Jacksonville attorney Ann Finnell is working on penalty phase issues and attorney Dorothy Sims specializes in cross-examining medical experts.

If the judge grants Anthony's motion, it will not be the first time a high-profile member of her defense team leaves the case.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27434177/detail.html

And why would it go on the court docket as a motion and not "correspondence"?:waitasec:

I really don't know the answer to that. I've never dealt with a nutjob who tried to file pleadings in a case where they weren't on record as counsel. Maybe the clerk who entered this hasn't either?

I agree though - it is very misleading.

Some treat it like entertainment and others treat it like a horrific story about a little child who was murdered. I think it would depend on the reporter! I hesitate to group all of the reporters in one group. There are some really responsible and thorough reports that we at WS have appreciated over the course of this drama.

I am probably naive but I do think this will make them hesitate next time. How could it not? And you are right, we've gotten many, many accurate reports in the last three years. I think the reporting business is highly competitive, so that leads to mishaps like this mornings.

moo

I cant really blame the media-they are trying to scoop each other as frequently as possible.

I would think you are going to see a number of other stunts like this given the success of this one....AzLaw-can you weigh in on this for us?

O....M....G....I just logged in and read this. BAWWWWWWAAAHHHHHAAAhAAAAhAAAAAhhhhhAA

What would a jailhouse lawyer get out of messing with another case? That doesn't make any sense to me, unless Jackson asked about how to do a motion, but didn't tell his lawyer exactly what he was going to do?
What he's getting right now...his next 15 minutes? A laugh. It's fun. Lots of time on his hands so why the hell not. He hates Baez and thinks he should go, so he had a try at at. He thinks he's a lawyer. He wants KC. The aliens told him to.

Inmates who don't have all the lights on upstairs often don't make sense.

IMO, you're reading too much into this.

Inmates have access to a law library and a lot of them have to be lawyers for themselves or other inmates. They become very knowledgeable and have a lot of time on there hands.

I don't know why I even bothered, but WESH has updated their "story". "If the judge grants the motion..." Really??? :rolleyes:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- New court documents show someone has asked Judge Belvin Perry to let Jose Baez go on Casey Anthony's behalf.

A court document filed by a prisoner in another state motioned for Baez's removal from the case.

Casey's main attorneys are Jose Baez and veteran defense lawyer Cheney Mason. Jacksonville attorney Ann Finnell is working on penalty phase issues and attorney Dorothy Sims specializes in cross-examining medical experts.

If the judge grants Anthony's motion, it will not be the first time a high-profile member of her defense team leaves the case.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27434177/detail.html

Popping in cause this one really caught my eye. I'm thinking (maybe?) that CJ just did everyone a favor in regards to the "ineffective counsel" argument for appeals. Since this is written as a motion wouldn't the judge have to have a hearing on it? He would have to ask KC if in fact this was written on her behalf and if she feels that her counsel is "ineffective" or if she is still happy with the way they are defending her?

If she states that she is happy with her DT as of this date, then there goes the ineffective counsel appeal IMHO.
What do you think? (maybe I should take this to the questions for the lawyers thread)

I don't mean like that. I think they set this up specifically to show that the media is unreliable. Look at Baez, right there to say those exact words not long after this hoax came out. I think CM lied, and I think they used this crazy inmate to make a point. I mean, how could he know how to make his letter look like an exact motion the way he did? I just don't think Curtis Jackson is that smart or that well written. Something stinks here and it's the DT.

Baez should be worried about a lot more than if media is reliable, KWIM? I would venture to guess Michigan Inmate has access to the library where he is incarcerated and copied that motion, verbatim, only changing the names, out of a law book. The only encouragement that I could see is, if it came from ICA herself, as The Florida Bar would have a field day if any of the DT had their hands in this. JMO and theory as it's still early in the am for me...

I posted on last thread.

Baez is being interviewed on in sessions

Popping in cause this one really caught my eye. I'm thinking (maybe?) that CJ just did everyone a favor in regards to the "ineffective counsel" argument for appeals. Since this is written as a motion wouldn't the judge have to have a hearing on it? He would have to ask KC if in fact this was written on her behalf and if she feels that her counsel is "ineffective" or if she is still happy with the way they are defending her?

If she states that she is happy with her DT as of this date, then there goes the ineffective counsel appeal IMHO.
What do you think? (maybe I should take this to the questions for the lawyers thread)

Those are some good questions. Gah, I need to stop taking this so personally. This is just such a horrible case and for someone to think it's funny to make a joke a month before the trial begins leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's just not funny to me at all.

Wonder how this got by the Clerk!!! One would think they at least scan over the paper work. Esp when it was hand written.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13
Back