2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If found guilty I believe she will not get the DP.... I see her getting LWOP. Just a feeling I have.

COnsidering we are not through juror #2 (1232) there is no way the court is going to get through 37 jurors today - unless HHJP ordered 5 court reporters and had unlimited overtime funds for the deputies and court employees

They are not getting through 37 today. No way. LOL. If they get through 5 this will be a good day.

Wow, AF said that (vote for life or death) like that will be the case.
I think she realized it too.

AF: do you think this being a high profile case will affect if you vote for LWOP or DP?

No.

AF: when it comes to aggrivating factor each one has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt before you can consider it, does that make sense?

Yes.

AF: (yes, she is soft, but the softness is to lull you into agreeing with her... :hypno: ...she will lead you to say that "yes" or that "no" that she needed. IMHO. She is not easy going, she is calculating. IMHO.

Exactly-you sum it up so well Grandmaj, that is why JP does not approve of the questions.

I can't figure out why the SA isn't objecting more when the DT is asking case specific questions about sexual abuse and GA trying to commint suicide.

no wonder Countries are going broke, what a time consuming waste of money...I get the fact that everyone is entitled to a fair trial .. but come on, there has to be a quicker way to get jurors who will spare the clients life

Judge Perry said ALL 37 pot????? Its past 2 out there already. Only on #2...I don't even see them making it to #5 before the sun goes down. How long can he keep people there?

This man's voice sounds like a much older person, did he say he has young children or are those grandchildren that watch his TV?

He's apparently in his 50's, according to InSession. I know he has kids, but I don't know if he's referring to his grandkids or his kids when he's talking about shows like Yo Gabba Gabba lol.

Is this round 2 of questioning of potential jurors from earlier this week?

Jeez, my head is going to explode, going round and round in circles.

What I find amusing is that based on the instructions.....nothing counts until TRIAL and then is only evidence.... and so it was premature to ask for dismissal becasue of admonishment and there was no legal basis for it.

Ann Finnell getting reprimanded isn't evidence and it is not in the process of presenting a case.

So.......... I think it is safe to say we will see this trick used over and over during trial.

So far, I'm not impressed with her at all.

Isn't there a third phase of striking the jurors (this is just the second)? Which is why the pot jurors that get through are getting called back tomorrow afternoon - so why are the questions so detailed at this level?

Can the judge not impose a time limit on questioning these potential jurors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove