2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but, Lee is really starting to aggravate me with this not remembering stuff. JMO!

Mr George needs to turn this over to LDB or JA.

Why is it considered "here-say" when Lee tries to repeat something that was said while he was in the same room/same house when it was being said? He heard these things from Cindy and Casey first hand. The Defense team objects each time Lee tries to say something that Cindy said.

Judge told Lee he can not testify to what Cindy said.

Can't they just let Lee read the dang statement!

Does anyone else remember the bizarre statement Lee made at Caylee's memorial service when he said something like "CMA-I love you"? It was very odd to me, and when an earlier member (I can't remember who it was-sorry) mentioned that Lee and Casey might be using code to communicate, it reminded me of this statement made at the memorial. I always thought it was so weird and I truly hope that Lee is being genuine in his testimony and not trying to help Casey.

do you recall this statement?
Yes

what i remember....interrupted by Simms
Lee, shaking head yes....
Mr. George approaching Lee w/statement
RECALL?
Lee reading extensively...

Because he doesn't seem to be there and no one on the thread has answered?

He is there. Bill S has said during breaks that he is low-key today because of yesterday. That is why DCS will do the cross.

Plus, I still think CM has "grounded him"! :giggle:

stevehelling
Having a hard time reading juror no. 4 - the one who hates to judge. She looks like the entire #CaseyAnthony trial is distasteful to her.

That's because it's easy to not judge until you're faced with evil. I feel so much for these jurors. :mad:

Again - I just don't think LA is being evasive - he simply does not recall exactly what he said - exactly- emphasized.

LA is being intentionally evasive. Goodness only knows why.

He seems to find these proceedings funny. Not the first time. He has a warped outlook on things, we have seen that many times. He is not going to be honest unless he is forced by reading his own statements verbatim to the Court.

JB very very nervous at this point. Speaking across ICA to the other attorney.

JB is there. He is sitting next to ICA. For whatever reason, DCS seems to be handling objections and side bars for this witness.

FG: Do you recall statement that you just read/
LA: Yes
FG: Can you tell this jury exactly what your sister told you in the bedroom
LA: From what I remember?
FG: Not to paraphrase - what did you tell Det. Edwards
DS: Object to interrupting witness when he was answering the question
HHJP: Overruled
FG: Do you recall exactly what your sister told you in re: to your quesiton what's going on - what's the deal - do you recall word for word what you told Det. Edwards?
LA: Not verbatim
FG: Would it help to see what you said?
LA: Yes
FG: May I approach (refers to depo)
LA: She told me that my mother had numerous times throw it in her face in my sister's face that Casey was an unfit mother for Caylee - and that Casey says maybe I am.... and I went on to say that my mother had also referenced Caylee as being a mistake, but the great mistake or best mistake Casey has ever made.

Lee is talking about how Casey said "Maybe I'm an unfit mother" Caylee was a mistake!

Ashton would have been better. He is able to get a witness to relax and forms a relationship with them.

However, maybe from past experience, LA had issues with JA or LDB so they FG.

He flounders, though and is making this testimony painful.

I am shocked the State has FG doing the direct on such an important witness??? :waitasec: Not good, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove