2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have agreed that he wasn't attempting to do his job but I really do think he did try today.

I think that he just isn't skilled enough, he just doesn't have the experience he needs in order to try a case of this magnitude.

IMHO he has no business being lead counsel on this case. But what can be done? KC wants him and has stated as such many times over.

But I do think he really tried today. He just couldn't even get any headway because he is so unskilled. JMHO. We have to agree to disagree :) I'm cool with that :)

He's way out of his league, yes. It's kind of upsetting to watch actually. An attorney shouldn't be leading a DT in DP case, when he still has his training wheels on. Has he even co-counseled on a death penalthy case? I think it's very dangerous what's he doing. He's obviously not skilled enough to handle this trial, but his ego wouldn't let him admit it. He's really playing russian roulette with her defense.

:waitasec:

On JVM they are saying they talked to the woman from jail, April W and she doesn't know Casey nor has she spoken to Casey.

I heard that too. But I know from watching Jail on TruTv and Lockup in MSNBC (Yeah I watch too much TV LOL) inmates communicate in all sorts of ways, direct and indirect. ICA could have easily heard April's story somewhere.

When will he get to Lee and George and the pop-psych grief theory? I mean: Opening Statement time, Counselor.

And that was probably an honest mistake. I have lived in Florida my entire life and if my husband didn't tell me we had them, I wouldn't have known. And I live in the country where it is normal to see bear.

the bears scare away the coyotes which is why you have never seen any. :floorlaugh: OK, I'm just kidding.

I am really enjoying all the coyote comments, by the way.

I heard that too. But I know from watching Jail on TruTv and Lockup in MSNBC (Yeah I watch too much TV LOL) inmates communicate in all sorts of ways, direct and indirect. ICA could have easily heard April's story somewhere.

Casey communicated with cupcake/Robin via notes on the book cart.

I guess I'll agree to disagree, because IMO Baez has it in for Vass, Kronk, and I'm undecided on Melich.

I've seen Ashton and Baez both get angry, but with Baez it comes across as more of a personal thing, at least IMO, and I find him less professional and more of a spoiled brat kind of personality.

I've watched several trials involving attorneys on both sides going after witnesses, but Baez is the first time I've gotten the 'have it in for them' vibe.

Okay Lanie :) It's cool.

My POV on Baez is that he is very passive agressive. LOL. He usually maintains a slow and deliberate and even tone of voice in comparison to other attn's I've watched (and I am not by any means qualified to make any judgements, I'm just a layperson). Which I have seen JA respond to---in a angry sort of way...to Baez' passive agressiveness. I think a lot of that has to do with Baez : A) May not have the personality requirements to lead counsel on major media cases (he certainly does not have the experience IMHO). B) is listening to other attn's on the DT on how his demeanor should be and it isn't ringing true because it isn't who he is C) he might feel like he's in way over his head (and he is IMHO).

I do appreciate your POV though thanks for sharing!

Anybody else here LKB state that she has never saw a judge make so many mistakes. Really

Okay I've typed this 3 times. I need to cut down my nails. grrrr. (lost it all 3 times)

IMHO Baez is just doing his job. (or trying to)

He more than likely doesn't have any emotion about Vass (dislike or hate).

He was trying to illustrate to the jury that Vass isn't a chemist (thereby trying to discredit Vass' testimony).

He went overboard with it. IMHO the jury probably got that point the first 10 times he brought that to their attention. The other forty-eleven times was overkill.

JMHO.

That is a real problem too imo. When you make peoples' eyes glaze over, you've lost them. Not a good thing when you're trying to win them.
Being a good speaker is almost as difficult as being a lawyer and a lawyer needs to be both. Now I know why the good ones get paid so much.

Oh no she didn't... LKB just slammed HHJP saying he's letting things in that shouldn't be, and keeping things out that should be in! She also slammed the prosecution, but I didn't get that part and my DVR is stuck, won't rewind. That's it, emailing the powers that be at HLN, this woman is just idiocy at it's finest.

Sure do. It says you don't have to put shoes on a dead child to dump them in the woods.

Everyone on the DT points out everything that is either missing, not there, or brings up the possibility of something that could've happened. They go as far as to ask about report/file numbers that were never even a part of the case, (today with J. Welsh and the photos) they insinuate that everyone is a f' up at their job even when what they are being accused of is the protocol of their job or something that they are required to do. It is done simply to cast doubt on someone and then the State has to clean up every one of these little messes. They name innocent people and draw them into this case (ZFG & VT just to name two) it is despicable.

There whole defense is about what is missing and not about what is there...clear as day proof that their client is the only one responsible for Caylee's death and disposal.

And IF Casey files an appeal for Ineffective Counsel, will that also include Mason since he is "of counsel"....or is the appeal written specifically directed at ONE attorney? (I am thinking it is defense team as a whole?)

If so, why isn't Mason appearing the least bit concerned to possibly have appeal court find he is INEFFECTIVE???

Or is this case his last hoorah and the FIRST book we see at Barnes and Noblie will be HIS????

Maybe he realizes this is coming and wants to stay out of the way?
I truly do believe she will get a new trial after all of this is over.

Thunder shirt

images

Ok off topic, I have never seen nor heard of them. I will check out the website, I also know otehrs whose dogs are petrified of storms.
Thanks, this site does it all.:great:

Coyotes in FL

Though hunters released a few of them in Florida as early as the 1920s, coyotes didn’t establish themselves in the Sunshine State until the 1960s,
when populations from Alabama and Georgia moved into the Panhandle. Since then coyotes have spread to all but the southern tip of Florida, with researchers finding evidence of coyotes as far south as Fakahatchee Strand State Preserve in Collier County.

Taken from
http://news.ufl.edu/2004/04/09/coyotes/

We do have coyote and they come out at dusk we also have panthers and fox
bobcats and bears and they are in populated areas.

After watching the trial today, I have the feeling this is the beginning of the end of this case for ICA. The DT is awful and their witnesses are being turned into Prosecution witnesses. I see a sense of hopeleseness with JB - he knows he's way in over his head but yet his ego seems to be in the way to allow for the other more experienced attorney's to question the witnesses.

The SA has proven their case of First Degree Murder, IMO.

This is JMO

I agree with your assessment Queen. I had tried to refrain from making any decisions about the defense until I could see where there were going.

I'll be honest. They haven't gone anywhere IMHO. This really is a poorly executed defense. I am not sure an appeal would be awarded because of it but good grief they could have at least defended her and the state would have gotten their conviction.

Today looking at KC I think she might finally be starting to realize she isn't going to walk out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove