2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands now-this shows me more that KC was the princess in that house, or as dad says, "the CEO". She had all of the attention. When Caylee came along the attention started shifting. KC couldn't handle that, she wasn't brought up that way. She loves attention. KC rid of Caylee out of pure jealousy! IMO

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEbqsVqAkCo"]Spectator Travels From Germany For Casey Trial[/ame]

If I believed that someone molested a person I would not be patting that molester on the back as he left the witness stand..

According to the TH's, it wasn't Baez that patted LA, it was the Anthony's attorney...had he moved to the front of the courtroom while his clients are on the stand?

Could anyone tell me why Cindy and Casey were denying Casey's pregnancy? At the wedding 2 months before Caylee was born they denied to Rick P and others attending the wedding that she was not pregnant . . .Why? Pretending that to their extended family might be one thing, but why deny it to Lee? I am not trying to be snarky here, but what could possibly be their reasoning?

And 2nd point in his OS, Baez accused Lee of "feeling up" his sister and theoretically insinuating touching her chest, he never did claim that Lee had sexual relations with his sister, so where might he be going with this?

The reason I see for the fam denying ICA's pregnancy is because, as usual, if ICA didn't admit to something, the A's avoided stirring up that hornets nest at all costs. The baby was going to be born eventually, why piss of ICA and have her give the baby away or worse?

IMO, ICA held her family hostage. They were scared of her. We know she had been capable for years of telling people she was sexually abused by her dad and brother. Can you imagine the threats ICA probably threw at her family to get what she wants? She is a bad seed indeed.

I have believed that ICA was profoundly jealous of Caylee for a very long time. ICA was the "princess" in her family . . . until Caylee came along.

At this point, I feel like CA got herself an adorable new baby, almost like someone gets themselves an adorable new puppy. ICA reportedly wanted to give her soon-to-be-born child up for adoption and CA wouldn't "let her." (Never mind that ICA was an adult, ugh.) In the delivery room, baby Caylee was handed first to CA--an event that ICA reportedly never stopped resenting. There's also CA's Myspace post where she goes on about how Caylee has been taken away from her because of jealousy. Excluding that post early in the trial has been just about the only fault I've found with JP's handling of this bizarre, convoluted, tragic case.

I think LDB is saving that for rebuttal so it will be fresh in the juror's minds before they deliberate.

IMO

Can the testimony that George gave the Grand Jury be referenced during this trial -- perhaps to impeach George when he starts taking the fifth?

I disagree... if the accident was the result of a family members neglect or inattention, that could potentially land someone in prison, they would try and cover that up... I don't doubt that at all. JMO.

So they would lie and rather have a murder 1 charge? Not going for it.

Lee in tears failed to move GA or CA. The camera showed them sitting stone faced.

Cindy was leaning so far forward yet didn't seem to have a reaction to her son breaking down. Maybe they are all used to everyone having a moment by now, or something else.

That tells me GA and CA were not happy about the pregnancy, were ashamed of it and didn't want to discuss it until they had to - at Caylee's birth.

Last year, my daughter had a baby. The circumstances of the pregnancy and the father were. for lack of a better word...disgusting. I left it up to her to tell the rest of the family, as I felt she was an adult and should handle it. The rest of the family finally got a clue the day after the baby was born. Well she never told anyone, because then I got a lot of phone calls asking if she was pregnant, and I couldn't lie to anyone so had to say "well she was, she had the baby yesterday". Possibly the A's thought KC already talked with Lee or wanted her to handle it?

Why are some of the posters buying into the incest BS? Seems that the prosecution is as insane as Casey. And to think that the Anthonys had any clue how to deal with Casey is a stretch, then to allow the media to take over reality for $$$$$$$$. That is what is sad.

Florida better re-think the sunshine law and prevent torture through lies, when there is no truth anyway.

Sorry ............. no sympathy from me. This IS a scripted lunch, also. imo

I am remembering the high 5 between ICA and Lee. Why didn't Lee go to lunch with GA ...they were sitting side by each in court? Scripted?

I'm usually not one to speculate or hypothesize much but after watching the end of the morning session again and the timing of the crying, then Baez trying, and finally after several objections, asking Lee if there was any other reasons why he was upset I've come up with a thought.

Lee started crying during a sidebar, not testimony. The sidebar was involving Baez trying to go a certain direction with his questioning and the state was objecting. I suspect Lee knew the direction the questions were about to go. He knew the answers he was supposed to say and possibly had agreed to them prior to taking the stand. On the stand he just couldn't do it and that is when he started crying.

Baez came back asked the question, he answered he was upset about being left out.

That WAS NOT the answer Baez was after. If it was the answer he was expecting he would not have kept asking if there was another reason. Finally, Lee said "no". I think there was a different answer Lee had agreed to give and just couldn't bring himself to do it on the stand and hence, the tears. He could not give the lie on the stand that they wanted him to give.

IMO <removing tin foil hat now>

Yep - and not only that, KC started *crying* @ about the same time.

I have always thought Lee was always playing second fiddle to KC. He has to sell her his car and it's okay to not get paid by her. He has to chase all over town to try to find her for his Mom. And it goes on and on.

As an adult I personally have been designated "keeper of the family" in my family. I put on the holidays and parties. If I don't do it, no one does. I watch over my elderly parents. And yet, while growing up I always played second fiddle to my sisters. Example: When I moved out at 18 (couldn't wait!) and didn't have a dime to my name my mother offered to SELL me MY bedroom furniture which was already mine (a Christmas gift). I couldn't afford it, so she GAVE it to my sister! I could go on and on with examples, but my point is . . . these type of things do hurt and do take years to get over. If you can.

I get Lee being hurt over being left out. Boy, do I get it!

BBM

Ditto. I think this is why I have a soft spot for Lee and keep taking up for him.

I'm the youngest and the only girl, but my oldest brother was the 'baby' of the family. I have taken care of him for years and years, until I finally said ENOUGH. Last year on my birthday, I got a call from him, and my initial reaction was, "How sweet, he's calling to tell me 'Happy Birthday'." but no, he was just calling to borrow money. My birthday didn't even come up. I'm still a little ticked about that.

Did we ever get any explanation on what LA's testimony had to do with well, anything?
I know JA kept objecting, asking for relevance.
Did we ever get any?

JA was objecting because it's not revelant to Caylee's murder that liar ICA accused Lee of possibly being Caylee's father when she was forced to tell people she was pregnant. Had Lee not gone off the script, JA's objections would make much more sense now.

I believe, and I hope, but I feel very certain that these jury members understand the sacred duty that they are entrusted with. It won't matter what all the smoke screens are, they can see when someone's lying. It will all boil down to Caylee. Who had Caylee, who was the last to see Caylee, who WASN'T searching for Caylee, who had decomp in their car and who searched on the computer for chloroform.

I think the SAs will have an astounding finish to this that will leave JB and ICA and others whimpering on the ground.

JMO

Aqua

Weren't the Anthony's given some type of immunity quite some time ago . I can't remember.
Just wondering.
They were all forced to give depositions so they were given immunity as long as they told the truth.

I think Lee and Cindy have lost that deal now.

I'm beginning to wonder if the entire thing with KC refusing to see her parents or make eye contact with them has been scripted from the beginning to prove the defense's point about George allegedly molesting her and Cindy not "protecting" her -- and that she is angry at them.

I think yesterday's announcement about the A's not believe KC was innocent was damage control for the A's reputation because they knew CA was going to get on the stand and tell a few fibs.

I agree. Greta asked Lippman last nite why they stopped seeing ICA in jail. His response, because visits were videotaped, they didn't want that getting out to the media & public. He also said the only way they communicate is thru JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member