4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for highlighting that! I don’t think we knew that before, IIRC? So apparently it’s confirmed— none of the victims’ DNA was in BK’s car. Of course it had been cleaned after his drive back to PA, but still….

And as stated by multiple posters here, there's no way he could have gotten rid of all the evidence given that the FBI supposedly disassembled the car and checked every nook and cranny. IMO, if it's true that there was nothing found in his car, that's huge.

I also think it's huge that there were 3 other unidentified male DNA profiles that were discovered during the investigation. I'd be curious as to where they were discovered and whether or not they're relevant to the night of the murders.

MOO

MOO the date of the crime is the date the perpetrator started evading capture.
Yes and LE had documented the great lengths BK went to in order to evade capture:

Criminal justice Ph.D student Kohberger, 28, appeared conscious of cops potentially collecting his DNA after the murders, wearing gloves to the supermarket and trying to hide trash that could contain his hairs or traces of saliva — all of which could give him away if matched to the crime scene.

From the Objection to States Motion for protective order:

By December l7, 2022, lab analysts were aware of two additional males’ DNA within the house where the deceased were located, and another unknown male DNA on glove found outside the residence on November 20, 2022. To this date, the Defense is unaware of what sort of testing, if any, was conducted on these samples other than the STR DNA profiles. Further, these three separate and distinct male DNA profiles were not identified through CODIS leading to the conclusion that the profiles do not belong to Mr. Kohberger.

That isn't how the law works, IMO.

Here is some interesting reading on the topic. EXTRADITIONS - AGREEMENTS BETWEEN TWO GOVERNORS FOR THE COOPERATIVE DISPOSITION OF ACTIONS AGAINST AN ACCUSED - WHAT CONSTITUTES BEING A FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE | Washington State

Excerpt:

"The court stated in its opinion:

" ...Then, referring to the case of In re Roberts, supra, the court said:

". . . We there expressly held that if a party charged with a crime was physically present in the state of [[Orig. Op. Page 6]] location, at the time of the commission of the crime, and if thereafter he left that state, he is a fugitive from justice, within the meaning of the constitution and laws of the United States relating to interstate rendition, regardless of his motive or reason for leaving the state. "

Yes and LE had documented the great lengths BK went to in order to evade capture:

Criminal justice Ph.D student Kohberger, 28, appeared conscious of cops potentially collecting his DNA after the murders, wearing gloves to the supermarket and trying to hide trash that could contain his hairs or traces of saliva — all of which could give him away if matched to the crime scene.

And all of which are consistent in people with OCD. But of course, the MSM leaves that out. MOO.

Here is some interesting reading on the topic. EXTRADITIONS - AGREEMENTS BETWEEN TWO GOVERNORS FOR THE COOPERATIVE DISPOSITION OF ACTIONS AGAINST AN ACCUSED - WHAT CONSTITUTES BEING A FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE | Washington State

Excerpt:

"The court stated in its opinion:

" ...Then, referring to the case of In re Roberts, supra, the court said:

". . . We there expressly held that if a party charged with a crime was physically present in the state of [[Orig. Op. Page 6]] location, at the time of the commission of the crime, and if thereafter he left that state, he is a fugitive from justice, within the meaning of the constitution and laws of the United States relating to interstate rendition, regardless of his motive or reason for leaving the state. "

BBM. That's not my interpretation.

"Although a person must be charged with a crime to be a fugitive from justice under the Extradition Clause, the Extradition Clause does not require the state demanding extradition (the demanding state) to have charged the fugitive before he left the state. Instead, the Extradition Clause only requires the accused to be located in a state different from the one in which he is charged.1 Moreover, the accused may have left the state for reasons other than avoiding justice because the reason the accused departed is immaterial.2"

To me, the above is saying that they are only considered a fugitive from justice after being charged with a crime (which BK was not until the raid), which means that he became a fugitive from justice AFTER he was arrested, not when he went to PA. That's why PA could use that language in their warrant, but it doesn't mean that BK was a fugitive from justice when he went to PA or that he "fled" to PA to avoid prosecution.

MOO.

And this one from AC Taylor's declaration:

Defense has requested ALL DNA profiles, including three additional unidentified male DNA profiles developed during the course of law enforcement investigation. This information has not been supplied.

What are the chances BK planted an unidentified male's DNA/left something besides the sheath on purpose at the crime scene and that's why he's so sure about it??????

MOO

I saw a number of items in the latest release: This one stands out:

From the objection to States motion for protective order:

There is no connection between Mr. Kohberger and the victims. There is no explanation for the total lack of DNA evidence from the victims in Mr. Kohberger’s apartment, office, home, or vehicle.

Thanks, @Nila Aella, as always, for posting links to the latest court documents !

No surprises for me in this latest batch, but a few things I've pondered I'll post about separately from replying to your post.

I don't want to bog things down being my long winded self when replying to simple posts.

Sorry if I have a tendency to do that, it's just for ease of managing different streams of info on my part sometimes (posting about one angle of four different things in someone's post, or vice versa).

Mea culpa if it's burdensome sometimes, you all, like "how did Twisting go that far afield on my post points". ;) :Do_O:p

What are the chances BK planted an unidentified male's DNA/left something besides the sheath on purpose at the crime scene and that's why he's so sure about it??????

MOO
I agree it's a possum-bility, @I'm Nobody. I've posted about this a few times, and was just throwing it out there at the time, and don't think it stuck with anyone here, but it's still there in my suspicious mind. jmo

MOO
I'm actually surprised there were only two unidentified samples. College party house -- could've been a gazillion. I'm not surprised BK's attorneys would jump on mystery DNA. It's their job. It's a far cry from SODDI however.

There were no sweatered ninjas.

Jmo

MOO

IMO, the possibility that in 15 minutes, this guy entered the home, killed 4 occupants, planted the DNA of 3 separate individuals, including a random DNA-laced glove, and took the time to clean himself up of any victim blood or victim DNA before getting in his car and high-tailing it out of there is about as close to 0 as possible.

If all these documents are accurate, the prosecution is in huge trouble.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member