a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see JA looking back and forth from jury to the witness (haven't seen this before).

Dr. Excu$e$

He sits over there trying to eavesdrop during every sidebar. Sneaky!

Irrational or rookie mistake?

If she was shaking so hard from the fine motor impairment with the acute stress disorder, then how did she get, maneuver, *advertiser censored* and fire that gun?

He smiles inappropriately, no note taking.

Ponytail nail picking.

He loves the sound of his own voice to the tune of $250/hour.

I guess he might get defense work out of this because it's clear he will say anything he's paid to say no matter how preposterous it sounds.

MY BOMBSHELL OF THE DAY!!!

When asked if JA was having these "physiologic reactions to stress" (the shaking like a chihuahua and hands sweating he's talked about) PRIOR to the murder, he answers "highly unlikely".

Do you realize what he just did?

He just INVALIDATED the next expert who's entire job is to explain why she reacted with such OVER reaction is because she was a "battered woman" and she will try and sell how she'd been having this build up of trauma/anxiety/chihuaha shaking etc. up to the murder. HE JUST INVALIDATED that with that one answer. She tried to mitigate that damage but he sure did say it.

I can't wait for Juan to point that out :please: i hope he caught it.

Great catch, I missed that! and didn't Arias testify under Direct that she shook prior to murder? I think they made it part of the "escalation of abuse" carp :what:

She changed her story to a "new story". Emphasis STORY

Psychological defense mechanisms = bald faced lie.

No jurors note taking re: her change of story explanation BS.

Jurors now fidgety, drinking water, attentive but no note taking.

Jurors also appearing to tune him out. (that sounds contradictory but its' what I wrote)

Can JM get up here so I can wake up please?

Again he giggles at his cleverness and not one juror even cracks a smile.

He is so watching this trial. Apparently she discusses with him independently all the minute elements of this case during an evaluation but not therapy. I call BS (again).

So sick of this self important paid $quawker.

I wish Juan would come out of the gate with "Have you been watching this trial Sir?".

Oh poor Jodi with her low self esteem. Zero note taking during this excuse making BS on her low SE.

Here we go with the book AGAIN! CEO started taking notes here, also HW.

Shut up Wilmott! Please shut up!!

Another juror question comes up from the back.

I'm tuning him out.

How is it possible he knows all of these key elements of the case, etc. during TESTING. (am I beating this dead horse or what? I keep writing about this!).

Repressed memories--no note taking, wrestler yawning.

So basically JA is one of 3-5 out of 100,000 with this kind of amnesia. Ok.

Nancy tapping her foot.

Hashing and rehashing her entire direct.

"Very strong probability dissociative amnesia" is worked in to a sentence in almost every question (he's been coached to do this imo).

Really, he's going in to the geography crater lecture again???

I see JA looking back and forth from jury to the witness (haven't seen this before).

Dr. Excu$e$

He sits over there trying to eavesdrop during every sidebar. Sneaky!

Irrational or rookie mistake?

If she was shaking so hard from the fine motor impairment with the acute stress disorder, then how did she get, maneuver, *advertiser censored* and fire that gun?

He smiles inappropriately, no note taking.

Ponytail nail picking.

He loves the sound of his own voice to the tune of $250/hour.

I guess he might get defense work out of this because it's clear he will say anything he's paid to say no matter how preposterous it sounds.

I hadn't thought of it that way.:seeya:

my hubby said last night something I wanted to mention: he said, can you imagine if this Judge would have set a schedule and stuck to it originally (meaning her morning cases handled by someone else), lunches and dinners for JA on breaks (like 2 of the brunch bags sent w/ her) 9a-5p M-TH court time then it would probably be over by now! I so wish it was......I am with KCL I am here to read her notes today and then NOTHING else about this case until Monday. I cannot IMAGINE the fatigue KCL and the families and the jurors must feel. Please get some rest and thanks for all you do to keep us informed!

Jurors also appearing to tune him out. (that sounds contradictory but its' what I wrote)

He is so watching this trial. Apparently she discusses with him independently all the minute elements of this case during an evaluation but not therapy. I call BS (again).

Katie
Doesn't the defence even look at the jury! I mean they have lost them after ranting on and on! Like wilmott after jury questions!
Spent so much time trying to ask ! jury questions to suit them. The jury is probably very annoyed!

my hubby said last night something I wanted to mention: he said, can you imagine if this Judge would have set a schedule and stuck to it originally (meaning her morning cases handled by someone else), lunches and dinners for JA on breaks (like 2 of the brunch bags sent w/ her) 9a-5p M-TH court time then it would probably be over by now! I so wish it was......I am with KCL I am here to read her notes today and then NOTHING else about this case until Monday. I cannot IMAGINE the fatigue KCL and the families and the jurors must feel. Please get some rest and thanks for all you do to keep us informed!

The sure do quit right on the button. If only they started just as promptly, you are probably right, it would be over!:seeya:

Katie
Doesn't the defence even look at the jury! I mean they have lost them after ranting on and on! Like wilmott after jury questions!
Spent so much time trying to ask ! jury questions to suit them. The jury is probably very annoyed!

Rehashing for hours has got to annoy the jury! She seems to to force the jury to believe her! Like her own client

MY BOMBSHELL OF THE DAY!!!

When asked if JA was having these "physiologic reactions to stress" (the shaking like a chihuahua and hands sweating he's talked about) PRIOR to the murder, he answers "highly unlikely".

Do you realize what he just did?

He just INVALIDATED the next expert who's entire job is to explain why she reacted with such OVER reaction is because she was a "battered woman" and she will try and sell how she'd been having this build up of trauma/anxiety/chihuaha shaking etc. up to the murder. HE JUST INVALIDATED that with that one answer. She tried to mitigate that damage but he sure did say it.

I can't wait for Juan to point that out :please: i hope he caught it.

That really is a big deal.. Just curious, does anyone know if prosecutors get little "tips" during a trial, based on points of view from friends/family/strangers watching testimony? If something subtle is said from the stand that is highly significant, are most prosecutors offended at the idea that they missed it or are they grateful for the help? I would think they'd be grateful, but you never know...

The sure do quit right on the button. If only they started just as promptly, you are probably right, it would be over!:seeya:
yes because the DT used their scare tactic with the Judge.....it does not allow Ms. Arias a fair trial. Something I think that is said a bunch in the sidebars by the DT. Stomp, Stomp, Stomp...I wish there was a temper tantrum smiley!

Isn't it possible there was nothing negative to write? (re: her journal). I hear someone say "mmmmmm" behind me. I had a small tearing up moment on that question.

Explain dragging, clean up, etc. Surprised JM not objecting to this answer.

YES! Confronted on the retest issue again--blames it on Juan's style of questioning just like JA did (birds of a feather).

His initial hypothesis was based on what the defense team asked him to support...this is so obvious to me.

"How do you know she didn't kill T out of jealousy?" YES Willie note taking after that one (he almost never takes notes).

HE HAS BEEN WATCHING THIS TRIAL.

We are supposed to believe small details say about Bianca came up in his psychological evaluation of her? NO, he's been watching I'm sure of it.

I 100% agree with you!! Because somehow, his personal ethics prevent watching video of the entire day's testimony on his laptop EVERY SINGLE DAY? Girl, please... And I'll say it - because he's too DIM to know how to actually get TO that video, you can bet Nurmi/Wilmot showed him how to bookmark that for easy access.

Katie, JA seems to be riveted on someone in the gallery as the jury comes/goes. Who or what is she staring at? Did you happen to notice this? Her whole body is rotated towards the gallery, versus before when she would stand and face the jury from the defense table. Just wondering if you noticed. TIA

Late last night ! Ryan smith was talking about the interrogation video! With jodi and Flores ! Jodi asked! if he had been in contact with her family! he said yes! and they weren't surprised!! She was arrested and killing travis?:please:

Anyone know about this please!

Anyone have links to these new videos?

Katie,
Just wondering if Katie Wicke might be offered a job with HLN after the trial ends. My DH and I really like her and feel that she is doing a fine job as a court reporter on Dr. Drew. Katie is personable, bright, articulate, and very photogenic. She's confident, genuine, and a natural in her role. I remember hearing that she is currently unemployed, and I wish her the best. I have a hunch that we might see her again on the small screen ;)

Thanks for your continued sharing about your courtroom experiences.

Grandpa swiveling and looking to the gallery.

Now I have a perfect view. HW looks out to the gallery. LONG sidebar.

Met Camille Kimball , crime writer, wrote the book on Jake's brother's case. She leaned over and gave her condolences to me, was very familiar with our case. Was a reporter back then.

Just can't write anymore notes on this buffoon, I write. My hand hurts.

Then I start writing again. ;)

When he says traumas were "enough alike" re: his PSD test CEO not looking at him, has a look of *whatever*. This is just disrespectful to the jury imo.

THANK GOD! Juan! Gonna wake up now.

When JM gets up, tri color and Paul r. look at each other and share a smile. Jurors sit up straighter now.

JM zipping around the (what is that area called? AZ Lawyer? Area where the desks are up to the witness?).

Misplaced worksheet...this guy is at best sloppy and at worst shady.

"no more problems than you do" this to me is like "I know you are but what am I?"

CEO cracks a smile when JM goes all gangster WEBSTER on this dude. ;)

definition of compassion.

Nurmi snatches that Webster page like "gimme that!" off JM desk and heads to "approach".

CEO , Nancy, Tri color all note taking on this bias stuff.

JM once again is like watching a thoroughbred.

Nancy, Tri taking notes. Ponytail manicuring.

Interesting JM leaves his main man Webster up on the screen on def of compassion for a long time even after this is passed.

Buying the book cured his feeling of compassion for JA then he didn't feel compassion after that. Ok...does that even make sense?

BBM

The "someone else" judges have trials all the time too, and full calendars.

respectfully snipped*

JM zipping around the (what is that area called? AZ Lawyer? Area where the desks are up to the witness?).

That is called the "well" of the courtroom. The wall that separates the gallery of spectators from the counsel table and the bench is called the "bar."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61