AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not making false statements . there is a treasure trove of info on thread one it needs to get broken down.....

Go re read it!
Eileen, if you want to discuss a specific topic from Thread 1, it's up to you to bring the posts forward. It's the same as providing a link to back up your comments.

Thanks.

I'm going to reread it now. Something is not right, it's been stated over and over that Britt hasn't been heard from since that night.

And thanks for the offer of paper bag, but I've calmed down. You have no idea how many people wish Britt is still alive. The thing is, many things were said in the beginning, and it was thought by some that Brittney may have taken off. However as details surface thoughts have changed. Even LE has re-opened DH's "suicide" case.

(ok, I did have to laugh at your offer to lend me a paper bag. Good one.)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

I think the confusion is Chessie reported that BW left to go to a friend's house and wasn't heard from again, when in fact she went with DH and had called DH to come get her. DH was family. I think that's the discrepancy with the family not being forthcoming about the fact that someone in the family (her uncle - DH) was contacted by BW. I think the Woods knew BW had left with or contacted DH and lied about it.
Hope what I'm saying makes sense. Steph, please correct me if I'm wrong.

You could be right but I don't think BW was the one lying - and, I don't think she left with DH either. JMO

You could be right but I don't think BW was the one lying - and, I don't think she left with DH either. JMO

I didn't mean to imply BW was lying about going over to a friend's. I doubt she ever said that. I think CW (and family) were lying...they knew where she was going and it wasn't to a friend's house.

I didn't mean to imply BW was lying about going over to a friend's. I doubt she ever said that. I think CW (and family) were lying...they knew where she was going and it wasn't to a friend's house.

Oh yes - I misread your post - sorry! :wave:

Ok, this all makes sense now. It's the wording the may have been misinterpreted.

""""We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.""""

From the time she left her home until the time she was reported missing. Her cell phone was pinging at Styx where she was texting with a few friends. So yes LE stating Britt was heard from would be correct.

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/a...articleID=5550

As for her phone being turn on, wouldn't this be the explanation?

""""BW's Cell Phone
It was initially reported by LE to the family that the phone last pinged at Styx River. However, after a week or so, LE corrected that information and advised the family that her phone pinged last at Grand Bay. That is the last time her phone pinged. The statements made about her phone being turned on six days later were erroneous. When the phone was called, it didn't go directly to voicemail, so the family thought it had been turned on. The phone carrier explained to them that it had to do with the phone service and confirmed it had not been turned on.""""""post by Zeaux

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

"We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.

"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said.

Regardless, the MPD has devoted a detective to the case.

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550

Okay .. Forgive me if I am behind, but have SAR dogs been used?? I'm in Alabama, and willing to volunteer my time to searching for Brittney. Thank you in advance!

I believe as many here we have been told untruths, imo by Chessie. I hope for P her mom is alive and maybe some day will return. Even though the hope is still there, I believe Brittney met with something nefarious and is no longer with us. I had more hope in the beginning when LE appeared to also believe Britt was alive and hiding. They seemingly did not even want to open a case. However after the special report by Andrew Perez, my hope diminished. Since Brittney's disappearance so much has come to light. It appears from this statement LE also has reason to believe Brittney is not in hiding.

'Investigators believe Brittney is no longer alive and her case is a 'recovery project'.

Video Clip-
Part 1 - http://youtu.be/pcBtgZ5U40w
Part 2 - http://youtu.be/_U6ouTcDzHY

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9307646&postcount=29

Here ya go! Willow.

"We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.

"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said.

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/a...eID=5550&SID=1

I think everyone should go back and reread thread one its very enlightening.

I happened to come across this article just yesterday. It made me question what LE may know that we are not privy to. However, nothing further has been brought forth by LE to confirm this and I'm a little skeptical of the details considering the statement came so early in the investigation, June 22nd. Less than a month into Britt's disappearance. I tend to believe Brittney's disappearance was not taken seriously in the beginning because of the cloud of darkness hovering over the family with the sex abuse investigation and DH's alleged suicide.

BBM - I totally agree. In the beginning Chessie said something to the point that Brittney lied about going to a friends house because Britt knew Chessie did not want her hanging around DH. Really? It's ok to allow your mother to live with you, you know the one that did not support your daughter and bashed Brittney during her convicted rapists trial? Yet Chessie cared about Brittney visiting DH? If Chessie cared it wasn't for Britt's well being. In my opinion, it had something to do with Chessie covering her own arse. Whatever Chessie, try again.

I happened to come across this article just yesterday. It made me question what LE may know that we are not privy to. However, nothing further has been brought forth by LE to confirm this and I'm a little skeptical of the details considering the statement came so early in the investigation, June 22nd. Less than a month into Britt's disappearance. I tend to believe Brittney's disappearance was not taken seriously in the beginning because of the cloud of darkness hovering over the family with the sex abuse investigation and DH's alleged suicide.

Oh I think it was taken seriously!
the investigations didn't just crop up over night they had been ongoing for a while. Everyone knew LE was looking for BW to speak to her and BW knew that also.
Notice how fast everyone was arrested after she went missing.
bing bing bing one after the other.

Makes one wonder....

I think LE knows she left on her own.

but I do think she is alive at least I hope she is!
and if she is I hope she gets help she needs.

All jmo

I think Brittney was groomed just like all the other kids were.

I think the age that Brittney & her cousin were in those videos that police found is important. I also think its important to figure out if they were in the videos together or separate.

If they were in it together, then Britt's response to her cousin (whichever one) on Facebook is a farce. I'm still on the fence if it was actually Brittney responding or someone else was on Britt's Facebook.

If they were in it separately on different occasions, then even so why would Britt seem surprised?

Brittney was groomed. She is a victim. However, depending on her age in the videos as compared to her trial date, she'd have learned she could tell on people and trust the police to do the right thing. Afterall, the man that hurt her when she was 9 is still in jail.

So, next question is... If Brittney knew this other stuff was going on...still...why didn't she rat? My hunch is because grandma's boyfriend was the initial fall guy and he didn't take the ring down with him.

Amen! We see the same thing happen in many cases. Preliminary reporting is sketchy. The media is scrambling to scoop the story. L E is sorting out the facts. Family and friends are baffled, or simply in shock. And to top it off, some posters try to toss garbage from Twitter and Facebook into the mix. Yes. Many "first threads" resemble a trainwreck when you revisit them a few months into the case. IMHO, it's usually best to leave the wreckage alone and start fresh with updated facts.

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550

Key word being family...and where are they? Jail or out on bond after being arrested for molestation amongst other nefarious crimes.

Okay .. Forgive me if I am behind, but have SAR dogs been used?? I'm in Alabama, and willing to volunteer my time to searching for Brittney. Thank you in advance!

I think they were when KlaasKids came to help. I thought there was another time they were used when a group got together to search. I comepletely forget, it's been so long.

I also thought it was quite interesting how Scott moved the search area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1