GUILTY AL - Hiawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't have a link but local news WKRG interviewed a woman today at the recovery site. Tonight on the evening news they televised her stating that Hiawayi could not have been in that place very long because the area had been searched at 3:00 am last night. The lady said someone had to have brought her there after that time. She also said whomever did this has to be right there among them. I think she was making the point that whomever brought Hiawayi there must have known it had already been searched.

This article and video says that the man her found her was driving down the road when he spotted her. He backed up and called 911. So she was visible from the road, not really hidden. It does sound like she might have been placed there after the area was searched. http://fox10tv.com/2014/09/18/man-who-found-body-of-missing-girl-speaks/

It is farther to the FL state line than to the MS state line.
Yes you are right. I know I said it was closer up thread, but I was wrong. I live in the edge of Mississippi and for some reason I guess I was thinking of everything Daphne and over as Florida. Lol, a blonde moment for sure, as we have traveled I-10 many times to Gulf Shores and also to Florida. Thanks for the correction!

Are they saying that she was at the store at 4:30... wasn't it reported that she got home at 5:00? I know, I know, I have to go back and read/listen again. I'm probably mistaken.

Haven't posted here in quite a while and not sure exactly what the rules are anymore about posting stuff read on facebook, but there is a lot of chatter about a man on facebook who posted something about where she was before she was found. His profile is open to public and people were making comments about things he had posted on WKRG's facebook page. He is easily searchable if you see the screenshots of things he has posted to his page in the comments. I don't know if the guy is actually here in Mobile or if he is in Kansas like he said, but there are hundreds of comments from people in the area who are very irate with the man. I just hope that people can keep their heads and not start a lynch mob.

Anyhow, I agree with what someone else said about getting Hiawayi in to their car because of the rain. I had to pick my daughter up from school in West Mobile that day and the further North I went to get to her school, the heavier the rain got. We had to slow down to 10mph on a side road because the rain was so heavy. This was between 4:05 and 4:15. The storm was moving Northeast, towards Prichard from where I was in West Mobile. I stopped by the store after I got my daughter and it was still raining heavy at 4:50. For those of you who aren't familiar with the weather here, it is quite confusing at times. It can be pouring down rain on one road, and be dry as a bone 2 roads over. But usually if a storm is moving through, you can guarantee that if it is headed your way it will dump some rain on you if you're in it's path. THe storms rarely lose much steam when moving through the area. If Hiawayi left her apartment at 4:45 like I had read in the first report then she could have gotten to the store before it started raining and gotten caught in the rain on her way back. I get the feeling from the parents that she wouldn't have gotten in to a car with a complete stranger. I really believe that whoever took her was someone that she was at least familiar with. And I also agree with those who are thinking that her body was dumped somewhere where the perp knew had already been searched. SO many people in that community were around and offering to search. There were people out searching on their own as well as organized groups of people out searching. I haven't read yet that Hiawayi's belongings were found with or near her body. I just hope that they will be found and lead police to whoever did this to her.
I'm so sad that this happened to this innocent little girl. I hope that her family is able to find peace.

That man on Facebook is crazy, I sure hope he is being investigated. Perhaps he is the reason they thought she was taken over state lines??? I forget the rules too. We can't link unless he's named a suspect, that I know.

So since Hiawayi was found nude and supposedly was left in the lot after it already been searched, I'm going to assume a) that the perp(s) had a place where he/they were confident of not being disturbed (house, apartment, business, abandoned house, etc.) and b) has been aware of search efforts. It reminds me of Gabriel Gaeta participating in the candlelight vigil and driving his mom around under the noses of LE/media after he had raped and murdered Jenise Wright and then partially buried her little body in the woods near his home. I think the perp who did this to Hiawayi is nearby and probably known to the family/neighborhood. I hope LE was able to get DNA, though her being found nude makes me wonder if she was washed before being dumped.

Haven't posted here in quite a while and not sure exactly what the rules are anymore about posting stuff read on facebook, but there is a lot of chatter about a man on facebook who posted something about where she was before she was found. His profile is open to public and people were making comments about things he had posted on WKRG's facebook page. He is easily searchable if you see the screenshots of things he has posted to his page in the comments. I don't know if the guy is actually here in Mobile or if he is in Kansas like he said, but there are hundreds of comments from people in the area who are very irate with the man. I just hope that people can keep their heads and not start a lynch mob.

Thank you for sharing that, wow, eeek, I don't know what else to say but I hope LE are following this up. Scary!!

Story on WKRG page, posted 2 hours ago. Scroll through the comments to one by MLH (posted an hour ago) and go from there. https://www.facebook.com/WKRG.News.5?fref=ts

There is a prior history that makes people suspect him. Just have to see where it goes.

Anyhow, I agree with what someone else said about getting Hiawayi in to their car because of the rain. I had to pick my daughter up from school in West Mobile that day and the further North I went to get to her school, the heavier the rain got. We had to slow down to 10mph on a side road because the rain was so heavy. This was between 4:05 and 4:15. The storm was moving Northeast, towards Prichard from where I was in West Mobile. I stopped by the store after I got my daughter and it was still raining heavy at 4:50. For those of you who aren't familiar with the weather here, it is quite confusing at times. It can be pouring down rain on one road, and be dry as a bone 2 roads over. But usually if a storm is moving through, you can guarantee that if it is headed your way it will dump some rain on you if you're in it's path. THe storms rarely lose much steam when moving through the area. If Hiawayi left her apartment at 4:45 like I had read in the first report then she could have gotten to the store before it started raining and gotten caught in the rain on her way back. I get the feeling from the parents that she wouldn't have gotten in to a car with a complete stranger. I really believe that whoever took her was someone that she was at least familiar with. And I also agree with those who are thinking that her body was dumped somewhere where the perp knew had already been searched. SO many people in that community were around and offering to search. There were people out searching on their own as well as organized groups of people out searching. I haven't read yet that Hiawayi's belongings were found with or near her body. I just hope that they will be found and lead police to whoever did this to her.
I'm so sad that this happened to this innocent little girl. I hope that her family is able to find peace.

I am confused. Which store was she seen at? the one on bear fork or the Texaco on the corner closer to Hiawayi's home?

I am getting really tired of communities "coming together" when a child is killed. Everybody knew damn well that there were many problems and dangers in their environment, and yet they did nothing. No one comes together to chase drugs and thugs out of their cities, but suddenly find civic sense when a kid dies - and a month later they go back to their old life style aka "let's turn a blind eye to what is wrong with where I live".

Mobile, AL, which is in close proximity to Prichard, AL, is my hometown. I haven't lived there in years but I do maintain consistent contact with many current residents. Over the years, Prichard has been identified as a high-crime area, however there are many individuals and agencies that have recently been very aggressive in efforts to decrease criminal activity prior to this horrible murder. Based on previous incidents, I was honestly shocked the community organized and responded so quickly. In my opinion, those earlier grass-roots interventions were definitely a contributing factor prompting strong community involvement in this case.

Fox 10 says they have exclusive video of Hiawayi from the night she went missing

http://fox10tv.com/2014/09/19/only-on-fox10-surveillance-video-of-hiawayi-robinson-shows-new-details/

Says it has new clues and they will show at 5.

I think she ran into someone she 'knew' at the complex. Told them she was going to get $ from her DAd, and they said " don't bother-here's 4 dollars, I'll walk you to the store...' :mad:

Do they have a maintenance man working there? Do any of her friends have uncles or big brothers, that she might know?

Well Katy looks like you could have hit the nail right on the head with your theory about the money. Check out the link in the quoted post above. The news woman states they talked H's mom who said H had no money on her and that leaves them with the question as to where she got it since the store clerk said she paid with 4 dollars. After seeing that video of H going around the corner I am wondering if who ever had her was waiting on the side of the building to where you couldn't see them. Makes you wonder if it is someone who knows the area.

Video showing Hiawayi entering and leaving the store. It is raining and she didn't look wet in the stills from inside the store... There are cameras that face where a car could have parked to take her to the store. Hopefully the camera is good enough to see...

I can't get the video to play for the other link I posted so don't know if the same or different info.

http://www.wkrg.com/story/26581050/new-video-shows-hiawayi-before-disappearance

**added info

Video showing Hiawayi entering and leaving the store. It is raining and she didn't look wet in the stills from inside the store... There are cameras that face where a car could have parked to take her to the store. Hopefully the camera is good enough to see...

I can't get the video to play for the other link I posted so don't know if the same or different info.

http://www.wkrg.com/story/26581050/new-video-shows-hiawayi-before-disappearance

**added info

http://fox10tv.com/2014/09/19/only-...-video-of-hiawayi-robinson-shows-new-details/

another story of the updates. But the video MissSunshine posted states it was the Future Best on St Stephens and Bear Fork. I believe it also says the time stamp was at 4:02 pm. What time did she get home from school and change her clothing? I was under the impression that it was 4:30-5pm when she left for her cousins place. Did she get the candy before getting home from school? She came from around the side of the store as well not from St Stephens Road. Which would have been the quickest route to the store from her Apartment Complex. Mother states She didn't have money, so where did it come from? I would think if she got into someones car for a ride to the store it would be someone she knew. She didn't look to be in distress in the video's as far as i can see.

I agree that it's someone she knows. Kids are told non-stop about "Stranger Danger" in schools and by parents. She had no money when she left her home. If someone she knew from around the complex said to her "come on we'll get some candy" she might willingly go with them.

I also noticed the School Bus in the background. Is it possible that is where she got of the bus that day? hard to tell what she is wearing in the grainy video and still pictures of her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back