Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
““Tonight is about us a community finding a way to healing," activist Carlos Chaverst, who organized the vigil, told the crowd.

Residents released balloons and held a three-minute moment of silence to mark each year of Kamille’s life.

“Throughout this whole ordeal you all, the city of Birmingham has proved once again that we are all a family,” said activist Le’Darius Hilliard. “When one person hurts, we all hurt.”

At the City Hall vigil, Woodfin was joined by Birmingham Police Chief Patrick Smith and the Birmingham City Council and more than 30 leaders from a diverse faith-based community.“

'We will never forget her’: Birmingham mourns Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney

Can a woman who has not been abused herself be capable of something like this? No excuses here, I’m just wondering about this from a psychology perspective. Either that or she got dropped really hard as baby, sheesh. I’m talking concrete. Talk about a piece of the female maternal instinct seriously missing out of the brain.
Yes they are not wired right.

So we’ll see charges against PS tomorrow? And DB? I’ll be honest, I don’t want to hear anything about what they did to lil Cupcake...it’s gonna be difficult to be on this thread, but I have to stay. I gotta see it through, for Cupcake!
Anybody have a guess as to when these charges will be announced?
ETA: I mean today...I should be sleepingo_O

No updates mentioned in the late night newscasts. Seems like everyone wanted to focus on Cupcake today instead of letting the dirtbags steal her spotlight. All probably coming tomorrow

No updates mentioned in the late night newscasts. Seems like everyone wanted to focus on Cupcake today instead of letting the dirtbags steal her spotlight. All probably coming tomorrow

Yes, a day of mourning is appropriate. The horrible details will come out soon enough .... and the perps aren't going anywhere now.

I’m glad that Cupcake’s family has a lot of support around them, the community, LE...
Yes they will certainly need it in the tough days ahead. It sounds like a good and strong community and love and support flowing in from everywhere.
Even though we never knew Kamille Cupcake McKinney we will hold her in our hearts like so many other children we have broken our hearts over here on WS.

Thank you! I will say, it felt a little more peaceful not really hearing about those 2. I think it is amazing, the outpouring of support everyone there is giving to the families :)

I saw a video before CC was found, where a reporter asked Cupcake’s Grandmother to tell us about her. Iirc, her Grandmother said Cupcake liked “swimming”....that she’s just so “sweet”, which is why she got the name “Cupcake”.

This shows only the original charges but his mugshot is from yesterday so it looks like he is back where he started.

Inmate Detail - STALLWORTH, PATRICK DEVONE

Demographic Information
  • NameSTALLWORTH, PATRICK DEVONE
  • Subject Number326003
  • Date of Birth03/09/1980
  • Age39
  • GenderMale
  • RaceB
  • Height6' 1"
  • Weight180.0 lbs
  • AddressBIRMINGHAM, Alabama 35215
  • Aliases

10/23/2019 2:00 AM

Booking History
Booking 2019-00012309
  • Booking Date10/15/2019 8:10 PM
  • Release Date10/17/2019 3:22 AM
  • Scheduled Release Date
  • Prisoner TypePretrial Inmate
  • Classification
  • Housing Facility
  • Total Bond Amount$0.00
  • Total Bail Amount$0.00
  • Booking OriginBirmingham PD

Demographic Information

Name
STALLWORTH, PATRICK DEVONE
Subject Number
Date of Birth
03/09/1980
Race
B
Height
6' 1"
Weight
180.0 lbs
Address
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama 35215
Aliases
Photo 12Y140W510/23/2019 2:00 AM
Booking History

Booking 2019-00012309

Booking Date
10/15/2019 8:10 PM
Release Date
10/17/2019 3:22 AM
Scheduled Release Date
Prisoner Type
Pretrial Inmate
Classification
Housing Facility
Total Bond Amount
$0.00
Total Bail Amount
$0.00
Booking Origin
Birmingham PD
Bond Number Bond Type Bond Amount
2019-00017316 Good Bond $50,000.00
2019-00017317 Good Bond $50,000.00
2019-00017318 Good Bond $50,000.00
2019-00017319 Good Bond $50,000.00
2019-00017320 Good Bond $100,000.00
2019-00017321 Good Bond $100,000.00
2019-00017322 Good Bond $100,000.00
Charges Court Date Court Court Room
No data
Number Charge Description Offense Date Docket Number Sentence Date Disposition Disposition Date Sentence Length Crime Class Arresting Agency Attempt/Commit Bond
7 POSSESS/DISSEMINATE OBS MAT CHLD < 17 10/14/2019 12:00 AM 20G000072 Not applicable Committed 2019-00017322
6 POSSESS/DISSEMINATE OBS MAT CHLD < 17 10/14/2019 12:00 AM 20G000072 Not applicable Committed 2019-00017321
5 POSSESS/DISSEMINATE OBS MAT CHLD < 17 10/14/2019 12:00 AM 20G000072 Not applicable Committed 2019-00017320
4 POSSESSION OF OBSCENE MAT CHLD < 17 10/14/2019 12:00 AM 20G000072 Not applicable Committed 2019-00017319
3 POSSESSION OF OBSCENE MAT CHLD < 17 10/14/2019 12:00 AM 20G000072 Not applicable Committed 2019-00017318
2 POSSESSION OF OBSCENE MAT CHLD < 17 10/14/2019 12:00 AM 20G000072 Not applicable Committed 2019-00017317
1 POSSESSION OF OBSCENE MAT CHLD < 17 10/14/2019 12:00 AM 20G000072 Not applicable Committed 2019-00017316

Last edited:
I saw a video before CC was found, where a reporter asked Cupcake’s Grandmother to tell us about her. Iirc, her Grandmother said Cupcake liked “swimming”....that she’s just so “sweet”, which is why she got the name “Cupcake”.

it was posted previously that her dad named her Cupcake at her birth

unfortunately, yes. some women who have been severely abused - sexually in particular - do not always have the capacity to protect their own children from abuse or from perpetrating abuse themselves. of course many other factors (including genetics and prenatal exposure to trauma) play a part in whether the woman will develop the emotional or psychological capacity to care for, protect, and have empathy for vulnerable others. Those who have not ever had help, rescue, recovery, or any form of positive influence, and who have been exposed to severe abuse and neglect and who have a genetic predisposition to antisocial behaviors could potentially not be capable of normal caretaking and protecting skills - many of which are learned.

Can a woman who has not been abused herself be capable of something like this? No excuses here, I’m just wondering about this from a psychology perspective. Either that or she got dropped really hard as baby, sheesh. I’m talking concrete. Talk about a piece of the female maternal instinct seriously missing out of the brain.

Has this been confirmed, I am sorry I’m behind but I thought that some folks here ascertained that the amounts were just listed separately and it doesn’t necessarily mean these are six different persons?

Here you are Marg.

It is public information if you have access to court records. I do (bc I’m an attorney), but not sure how I can really link the information. It is six people, and they put their houses up. They did the whole $500k, so no bail bondsman.

Alabama expert has tips for talking with kids about Kamille McKinney case

Vivian Friedman, a child psychologist at UAB, said such cases can cause concern among parents that should be kept from children, especially the youngest. Kids around the same age as McKinney should be protected from news about her abduction and death, Friedman said.

““For a very young child, they don’t have abstract thought,” Friedman said. “They can’t understand this. All they hear is that the world is scary. It’s best not to approach that at all.””

It's too late for that here. My youngest is 5 and has been keeping up with what we (my family) has said during the search. She doesn't know any details, but she knows Cupcake was not alive when they found her. She asked me if they just found bones. I answered truthfully... no, not just bones. She asked if "all her blood came out." I answered truthfully...no, probably not all but enough to make it hard to keep living. She seemed satisfied with those answers, but tonight, when we were in a shopping center, I did not have to do my usual looking around for her every 2 seconds. She stayed right by me and even asked to sit in the cart... something she typically hates. It breaks my heart that her innocence has been ruined by this cruel world, but it does make me glad that she's becoming safety aware.

I'd die without my baby. I just don't get it. Whether Kamille's parents lived up to our standard of supervision or not, my heart absolutely cannot fathom their pain.

I'm still catching up, so maybe this has been asked before, but wouldn't dog have been able to sniff out human remains in a matter of seconds?
Sounds much easier than having to search all those dumpsters and trash bags by hand.
My friend who has a cadaver dog said that it is very difficult and sometimes dangerous for the dogs to go into piles of garbage. They can step on needles or sniff very bad things. They are not 'as careful' as humans can be when sorting through trash. They tend to just stick their noses into everything.

They might bring them in to help, but they can't just turn them loose on the huge piles of debris.

Again, Maddie Middleton comes to mind. She was in the dumpster in the apt. complex the whole time. I believe I mentioned her case last week.

I’m not sure of the timeline re: the trash yet.
Yes. The teenage perp actually brought 'the trash' out while LE was swarming the apt. complex, searching for her. :(

Given the history of PS the more I read the greater my surprise that was was given bond so quickly? Do most people believe this bail option was provided to allow PS to leave jail and give LE the opportunity to follow him? I am just not seeing bail for a viable suspect where early forensic evidence might be present to suggest that PS had contact with CC either in the vehicle or the apt. I am baffled by this entire sequence of events.
^^^SBBM

I can promise you that nobody more was more surprised than LE that PS, a man alleging no resources, was out of jail within 2 days, and not because a bail option provided to him so LE could follow him.

PS was allowed bail because the 8th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution provides for all accused, but not convicted, be released from incarceration pending a trial. It also says that bail (amount) will not be used as punishment for the accused.

Each State determines the criminal charges it will consider "bailable." These charges are designated by Felony and Misdemeanor "Class." State also establishes a "Bail Schedule," outlining the recommended bail range for each "Class" to secure a defendant's release from jail.

Take note the State's Bail Schedule is just a guideline here as the Judge has the final say on determining a defendant's bail, if any.

While the Judge will take the Schedule under advisement, Judge will also consider the defendant's reputation, character, criminal history, health, nature of offense charged, etc. to determine the total bail for defendant's release.

Using PS as the example, his booking information indicates he was charged with 4 counts of Possession of Child *advertiser censored*, and 3 Counts of Possession of Child *advertiser censored*/with Intent to Distribute. (No probable cause to charge him with anything related to KM at date of his arrest).

In Alabama, Child *advertiser censored* Possession/Distribution is considered a "C- Felony," and according to Alabama's Bail Schedule, the bail range for C -Felony is $2,500 - $15,000.

SP's bail set at $500,000:

Considering the C-Felony charges filed against SP, his reputation, character, prior history, etc., Judge set SP's bail at $500,000!

That's a huge increase over the Alabama Bail Schedule for C- Felony at $2,500 - $15,000!

Do you think Judge wanted and/or expected SP going anywhere but back to his jail cell at setting his bail at $500,000?

Do you think LE thought he'd ever make $500,000 bail?

I don't think anybody thought this would happen to a man that professed he had no resources.

SP's Release from Jefferson County Jail:

SP was released from jail within a couple days because 1, 7, or more of his family and friends put up $500,000 of collateral to secure his release from jail.

SP's booking information discloses that 7 bonds were presented to secure his release: 4 @ $50,000 each, and 3@ $100,000 each for a total of $500,000.

Most likely these bonds were secured by real property, and liens placed against the properties to guarantee SP's presence before the court on demand.

Had SP skipped out on his court appearance, all the collateral securing his release would be forfeited.

I hope this gives some assurance that bail is not used as an "option" for LE to surveillance criminals-- hoping they will lead them to a pot of gold!

Bond Number Bond Type Bond Amount
2019-00017316 Good Bond $50,000.00
2019-00017317 Good Bond $50,000.00
2019-00017318 Good Bond $50,000.00
2019-00017319 Good Bond $50,000.00
2019-00017320 Good Bond $100,000.00
2019-00017321 Good Bond $100,000.00
2019-00017322 Good Bond $100,000.00

http://judicial.alabama.gov/docs/library/rules/cr7_2.pdf

It is public information if you have access to court records. I do (bc I’m an attorney), but not sure how I can really link the information. It is six people, and they put their houses up. They did the whole $500k, so no bail bondsman.
wow. He found 6 people willing to put their houses up for him? I don't have 6 people who would do that for me, if I was facing those kinds of charges.
Is he really that beloved by his friends/family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member