All things Prince William & Kate Middleton

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think Diana did know he was still sleeping with Camilla but it was too late to back out. I believe I read that she found some cufflinks that Camilla gave Charles shortly before the wedding--I think I have that right--they had Camilla and Charles' initials on them. Either that or it was a bracelet that Charles was giving to Camilla with initials on it.

Also, Diana wore some special rose perfume. A woman complimented her on it, and Diana said "I am wearing it so that Charles knows it's me walking down the aisle" (i.e., me and not Camilla). The woman was interviewed on a show just a few days ago, before the wedding. I forget which network--HLN?

Diana might have been innocent but she was no dummy!

I believe she knew as well. I saw an interview this past week with someone who was close to Diana (I can't remember who the person was, I have watched so much stuff on the Royals this week) who said that while she was walking down the aisle at her wedding, she was looking for Camilla. That's a pretty sad way to spend your big day.

Well, Beatrice was sitting right behind the Queen-- I though she had shades on, but it was makeup! Oh my. lol

I really don't care for her either. Just had to add my 2 cents. What is she all about? URG...

Goz

You don't care for Victoria? :crazy: I can't believe it.:crazy: I care for her husband.:D Back in some high fashion magazine I read an interview with ol' Spice Of Posh and she actually does smile. She said it's an image she likes to keep for the fans. I love how she vogues it up. I bet when she delivers that girl child she will smile in public.

O.K. what the heck was all the ta-do about Beck's wearing a medal the Queen gave him which was not to be worn at a wedding and he even had it on the wrong side?:waitasec:

Seeing the Royal photographs that fabric in the gown is gorgeous. Happy people. Camilla's hat is b*tchin. I want one.

Well, Beatrice was sitting right behind the Queen-- I though she had shades on, but it was makeup! Oh my. lol

I don't recall Fergie being into Fashion like Lady Diana was.

We don't get the TV Guide station in Canada so Kathy Griffiths take on the Royal Wedding won't be aired here for awhile and it isn't available on The Internet.

What did Kathy say about Posh's hat?

I read today that the ladies must wear hats - it is mandatory. Pippa wasn't
wearing anything on her head so I guess this law doesn't apply at weddings.
Maybe a ring of flowers like the flower girls wore would have looked good on her. IDK

"Royal Screw Up"

http://www.businessinsider.com/david-beckham-medal-royal-wedding-2011-4

Oh that Beck's. He wore his Order Of The Royal something or other on the wrong lapel. (((((GASP)))))). Hey I know it's serious. Who the heck is looking at that guys medal? Sad he's so homely.

Ya think Mrs. Posh would know the proper Order of things since she came from loot.

Anyway someone saved the day and told him he had to change it to over his heart. Maybe Sir Elton?

Diana might have been innocent but she was no dummy!

No she wasn't. Heck she was soooooooo young when they arranged that marriage.

Hats off to her (no pun intended) that she became so poised and sooooo loved by the people. Those Royals needed her then I believe.

Dummy? She was wise enough to hook up with that Hewitt guy. She was also wise enough to leave her wealth to Harry.

May she rest in peace and may her sons have her good heart.

They say she went on the Dukan diet and lost 20lbs, is what I heard on Nightline, I think.

Did all the Middleton women go on the Dukan diet together? Pippa is very thin and so is their mother.

Who is older, Pippa or Kate, and where does James fit in? TIA

Does anyone know whether David Beckham was on the 'Best Looking Men in the World' list?

Definitely no Fergie... she is all but dead to the monarchy, ever since the big money scandal she got caught up in.

Rather extreme to say the least...considering all the other 'Royal Scandals' throughout history this was minor.

Here' a blast from the past. My father was a member of the Royal Scots Grey's Regiment and was one of the Guard of Honour who wore No.1 Dress with Swords at John & Francis Spencer's wedding/Westminster Abbey/June 1, 1954. I have this one photo, my mother has a much better one [she has packed it away somewhere :rolleyes:] that actually shows his face, as they have turned forward after the couple has passed under the swords. Let's see if I can do this...father on the left.
DadontheleftatJohnFrancisSpencersweddingJune11954-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Now 24 days later his own wedding....where my mother was voted the June bride in Scotland.
MomDadJune251954.jpg
[/IMG]

Does anyone know whether David Beckham was on the 'Best Looking Men in the World' list?

I think he's always on that "Sexiest Man In The World" list. I'll take Cristiano Ronaldo over him though.;)

Does anyone find it hypocritical how many Americans start complaining about how it's not fair that some people get to be royalty just because they were born into the right family, but none of them complain about someone being born into a billionaire family?

Rather extreme to say the least...considering all the other 'Royal Scandals' throughout history this was minor.

Here' a blast from the past. My father was a member of the Royal Scots Grey's Regiment and was one of the Guard of Honour who wore No.1 Dress with Swords at John & Francis Spencer's wedding/Westminster Abbey/June 1, 1954. I have this one photo, my mother has a much better one [she has packed it away somewhere :rolleyes:] that actually shows his face, as they have turned forward after the couple has passed under the swords. Let's see if I can do this...father on the left.
DadontheleftatJohnFrancisSpencersweddingJune11954-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Now 24 days later his own wedding....where my mother was voted the June bride in Scotland.
MomDadJune251954.jpg
[/IMG]

How very cool. Thanks so much for sharing, Thyme. So that would be Diana's biological parents, right? So cool for your dad.

Your parents are a beautiful couple. Your mom deserved to win that June Bride.

You're not hogging the thread at all Filly!!!!

I found out something tonight that I think is really really really cool. I don't know how I missed it the past few days. Tonight Ryan Seacrest hosted a special on "E" (I think) and he gave Kate's birthday - January 9. THAT IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! Now, granted its certainly not the same year - but still. How cool is that?

I immediately told my DH - "I knew there was a reason that I really liked this woman!" lol

So, I can now add Kate Middleton - Duchess of Cambridge to my shared birthday list.

Are you ready for this? We share the day with quite an eclectic group:
Richard Nixon :floorlaugh:
Joan Baez
Jimmy Page (Led Zeplin fame)
Me
and now
Kate Middleton

How cool is that?

You're not hogging the thread at all Filly!!!!

I found out something tonight that I think is really really really cool. I don't know how I missed it the past few days. Tonight Ryan Seacrest hosted a special on "E" (I think) and he gave Kate's birthday - January 9. THAT IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! Now, granted its certainly not the same year - but still. How cool is that?

I immediately told my DH - "I knew there was a reason that I really liked this woman!" lol

So, I can now add Kate Middleton - Duchess of Cambridge to my shared birthday list.

Are you ready for this? We share the day with quite an eclectic group:
Richard Nixon :floorlaugh:
Joan Baez
Jimmy Page (Led Zeplin fame)
Me
and now
Kate Middleton

How cool is that?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh way cool, Wise Old Owl. I think we should now call you Duchess Owl.

Orderly Capricorn's all. I guess Jimmy Page was orderly with his ummmmm sheet music? BTW too funny you put in parenthese who he is in case the younger set don't know.

Now I'll never forget your birthday.

Does anyone find it hypocritical how many Americans start complaining about how it's not fair that some people get to be royalty just because they were born into the right family, but none of them complain about someone being born into a billionaire family?

Never heard anyone say that.

Here's something about the royal wedding made me nervous. Prince Charles was holding up Camilla's grandaughter (adorable) on that balcony. I was thinking "This guy picks up kids? I pray he doesn't drop her".

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/d6/66/14fcded740e0a1904bee7375abb3.jpeg

Sorry for hogging the thread. I had to add that.

He is very sweet with kids believe it or not, he won my daughter over at age 4 and told her she had a pretty name (Iona) She thinks he is lovely years later

Here is a thought I had elphaba. In order to remarry and marry camilla, charles had to have permission from the queen. Not his mom but the queen KWIM?

I wonder if there was a conversation that took place whereby the queen gave the prince of wales permission to remarry (given who it was he remarried, not the affair the took place but the fact that she was a divorcee) that the queen said yes...you may remarry however I will pass the throne onto William. She can elect to pass it on to a grandson rather than a son IIRC (I may be confusing the different protocol for different monarchies).

I'll be curious to see if she does pass the throne to Charles or will elect instead to bestow it on William.

I do agree that the throne will not be given to anyone until the Queen's deathbed.

Just me speculating and wondering.

BBM. Just to clarify, the Queen does not choose her successor, the succession is decided by an Act of Parliament and it would take another Act of Parliament to cut Charles out of the succession. Never gonna happen. You already made the distinction between Elizabeth the Queen and Elizabeth the mom so there is no reason to believe that Charles the Prince of Wales wouldn't make a perfectly good King no matter how flawed in his private life Charles the person might have been, Fact is, it's easy to 'demonise' him for the whole Diana fiasco but that would never have happened had Charles been allowed, like his son has, to marry for love, no matter how 'unsuitable' his choice's background or lineage. He and the Royal Family have come a long way in the last 30 years, to wit the marriage of William to a girl with no royal blood or connections.

The role is of the monarch is pretty much symbolic, the Royal family being living embodiments of that symbolism but they have no real political power and anymore, to me, it is more and more meaningless. The subjects of the British Crown can't have it both ways, if you have a constitutional monarchy you don't get to choose your Head of State, ie it's not a popularity contest, so, we either abolish the whole institution and become a republic or we suck the occasional 'unpopular' monarch up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cancerkilla
Back