GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
how did they determine the CC was used 20 minutes after the perp left her house?

Is it just assuming that it would take someone 20 minutes to get from her house to this gas station?

Alos, there must have been a sexual assualt if they know it was a man.

Just curious.....How do they know what time the murderer left the house? How can they pin it down to 20 minutes later he was buying gas with her credit card?

Also, did her Mother go over there alone at 4:00 AM? I would think she would be so scared after not receiving any answers to her phone calls that she would have taken someone with her (and perhaps she did).

The mother was on Fox today. She went over there alone. I don't think in her wildest dream/nightmare that she thought something like this had happened. Most likely she thought she was just going to wake up an oversleeper.

The mother says she was so distraught that she ran out of the house to the neighbors for help, then used her own cell phone when they didn't answer right away. She said she called 411 instead of 911 in her panicked condition.

Just curious.....How do they know what time the murderer left the house? How can they pin it down to 20 minutes later he was buying gas with her credit card?

Also, did her Mother go over there alone at 4:00 AM? I would think she would be so scared after not receiving any answers to her phone calls that she would have taken someone with her (and perhaps she did).

Maybe they based the time by the distance, in minutes, the gas station is from the house, and the timestamp on transaction. JMO

Maybe they based the time by the distance, in minutes, the gas station is from the house, and the timestamp on transaction. JMO

From her house to the station would not take 20 minutes. At that time of the morning with no traffic it would take maybe 10 minutes. I heard the purse was thrown into Macarthur Park and someone else used the card. LE did search that park where it was reported "blood" was found. It's a high crime area, but not really close to where she lived. It's not too far from the gas station where her card was used that morning.

From her house to the station would not take 20 minutes. At that time of the morning with no traffic it would take maybe 10 minutes. I heard the purse was thrown into Macarthur Park and someone else used the card. LE did search that park where it was reported "blood" was found. It's a high crime area, but not really close to where she lived. It's not too far from the gas station where her card was used that morning.
Ok thanks beaglebrd- so was her purse recovered from Macarthur Park or is that yet undisclosed? I hope this case continues to move forward.

I do wish someone could seriously clue them into the professionals at Target to take a look at those grainy photos from those 9 cams that were mentioned. The FBI at the time of the Smith case (I believe) made it a point to give their experts accolades because they said they were the very best with state of the art equipment for that task...including the equipment used by the FBI. If anyone could pull the face out of those grainy photos...they would be the people to do it. It sure would not hurt for them to try!

Ok thanks beaglebrd- so was her purse recovered from Macarthur Park or is that yet undisclosed? I hope this case continues to move forward.

That is a rumor I heard. Not much has actually been disclosed which does make for rumors. I do know blood was found in the park and that it was searched. But we were never told if it was a match to the assault. This was shown on the local news, LE searching the park and a trash can there.

I do wish someone could seriously clue them into the professionals at Target to take a look at those grainy photos from those 9 cams that were mentioned. The FBI at the time of the Smith case (I believe) made it a point to give their experts accolades because they said they were the very best with state of the art equipment for that task...including the equipment used by the FBI. If anyone could pull the face out of those grainy photos...they would be the people to do it. It sure would not hurt for them to try!

good morning SeriouslySearching! They brought in the Secret Service, and after visiting their website...well, they do it all.

http://www.secretservice.gov/

Visual Information - The Secret Service utilizes a unique blend of technologies providing expertise in forensic photography,
graphic arts, multimedia operations, audio/image enhancement, voice identification, and 3-D modeling and simulation.

Good morning beaglebrd! do we know if LE brought bloodhounds into Anne's neighborhood? Your screenname reminded me to ask about that, a question that was asked at Steve's.

Good morning beaglebrd! do we know if LE brought bloodhounds into Anne's neighborhood? Your screenname reminded me to ask about that, a question that was asked at Steve's.

If they brought bloodhounds to the neighborhood I never heard a word about it. And I know folks who live in the area near her home.

http://tinyurl.com/62xjhn

Half way down this news report ( 3rd paragraph ) it says that Anne's prized possesion was her car ( BMW ) which was in the driveway.
This certain raises a couple of questions.

http://tinyurl.com/62xjhn

Half way down this news report ( 3rd paragraph ) it says that Anne's prized possesion was her car ( BMW ) which was in the driveway.
This certain raises a couple of questions.

The article states that it was the most expensive item she owned. For most folks their automobile is the most expensive thing they own, other than a home. What questions are raised by this? I don't understand your point. I don't see it stated that it was a "prized" possession, which brings more impact to thinking than does most expensive possession.

Does anyone remember the case aways back where a pedophile had is face SWIRLED on some of his postings. I can't remember but he was doing something nasty with kids....the authorities were able to unswirl the image, ultimately capturing him!!

I still don't quite understand how they can be so sure the murder happened 20 minutes prior to someone using her credit card to buy gas. I thought I read somewhere that her mother talked to her at 10:30 the night before and then her father and mother tried to reach her before 4:30 the following morning. How can they be sure the murderer didn't go somewhere and clean up before purchasing the gas or remain in the house for awhile after the murder? He probably entered and left by the backdoor which was open. The dogs were out. Could she have let them out the backdoor just before going to bed and someone was lying in wait who knew her daily habits? Here again, I'm thinking someone who lives in the immediate area. But, from her Mother's description, it sounds more like she was attacked while sleeping since her Mother found her in bed so perhaps it was someone the dogs were familiar with and he let them out before killing her.

I'm really stuck on the 20 minute thing as well.

Also, and again I'm not pointing any fingers at the parents, but it just seems odd that while they usually stay with her when they are in town, for this trip they didn't. The reason they gave was to not disrupt her since she had such early hours. But THEY are the ones that called her all the time (even when they weren't in town) to wake her up. So the not staying with her strikes me as odd.

I believe the dinner party they were at the night prior was also attended by her parents (or at least her mother, I still cannot figure out if dad was in town or not) And her mother stated how she ran after Anne as she was leaving to tell her she loved her. Again, I'm just devils advocate, but this just seemed kind of dramatic to me.

It just strikes me as such a coincidence that on this trip the parents weren't with her and she's killed.

Is Anne's bio dad still living?

I'm not even sure where my brain is with any of this, just questions that keep coming back to me.

I'm really stuck on the 20 minute thing as well.

Also, and again I'm not pointing any fingers at the parents, but it just seems odd that while they usually stay with her when they are in town, for this trip they didn't. The reason they gave was to not disrupt her since she had such early hours. But THEY are the ones that called her all the time (even when they weren't in town) to wake her up. So the not staying with her strikes me as odd.

I believe the dinner party they were at the night prior was also attended by her parents (or at least her mother, I still cannot figure out if dad was in town or not) And her mother stated how she ran after Anne as she was leaving to tell her she loved her. Again, I'm just devils advocate, but this just seemed kind of dramatic to me.

It just strikes me as such a coincidence that on this trip the parents weren't with her and she's killed.

Is Anne's bio dad still living?

I'm not even sure where my brain is with any of this, just questions that keep coming back to me.

Mom was in town, dad was not. Mom said she didn't stay with her this time so she could get sleep. She had recently begun to do the early show and had to be there at 5...this was a new thing. Her father said he was the one who started calling from S.C. and when he got no answer he called her mother. She tried to call and got no answer so she went over.

I think the 20 minute thing was just in some report and not substantiated by anything. I believe that they just said 20 minutes because it was from the time her mother found her or something. Unless there was a witness who saw the attacker leave her house there's no way to know.

It seems that people are trying to insinuate that her parents had something to do with this attack. As far as I know they were never suspects. First of all the DNA is from a male, that's all they will say. Dad wasn't even in town...mom is female.

For me personally I am not insinuating it was the parents at all...although all too often parents do harm their children so it's never far form my mind. Just like all too ften it's the husband. So my questions are just "why" were things differnet this time.

I have read every obituary and there is no mention of siblings, bio-father or grandparents. For me I'm just trying to get all the players in place.

Anne was born in SC but moved with her parents to LR when she was in HS. She then went to Memphis for College. So she has a lot of histroy in LR.

I still do not believe this was a random robbery or rape I believe that this was either an obsessed man (perhaps someone who was obsessed with her prior to becoming a news personallity) or a jilted lover or married man perhaps involved over his head or lastly some sort of revenge killing.

Sadly there is so little information that it's so hard to understand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devon_SP
Back