GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With her car being locked, and if it was routine for her to leave her purse in the locked car, then I guess she would have her car keys in her pocket, perhaps?
IMOO.
Yes I would think so. And her cell phone and possibly the missing door lock key. Seems like a lot of things to stuff into a shorts pocket.

Maybe the perp was nervous about someone knowing that she was there showing the house & showing up while was committing the crime? MOO & a possible scenario would be that he had a weapon of some sort & forced her into his car. Told her as long as she complied she would be okay. Then he could drive out to one of the many, many desolate roads/areas near there to commit his crime. IMO - theory only.
The perp had already left the house. This sounds like a rookie move..trying to throw off the husband after so much time passed. The first text reply was "yes" , which I guess is an answer to a question the husband left earlier. For the perp to still have the phone after several hours and using it makes me feel that the perp is a loner and hasn't committed anything like this previously. Just a hunch..

With her car being locked, and if it was routine for her to leave her purse in the locked car, then I guess she would have her car keys in her pocket, perhaps?
IMOO.
She probably had her car/house keys, some business cards and we know her cellphone.

Yes I would think so. And her cell phone and possibly the missing door lock key. Seems like a lot of things to stuff into a shorts pocket.

I am wondering if she had a briefcase, or something similar that she took with her, and left her purse in the car?
IMOO.

the perp could've sent the texts much earlier but the husband didn't receive them until later - doesn't mean the perp had the phone in his possession when the husband received the texts

The perp had already left the house. This sounds like a rookie move..trying to throw off the husband after so much time passed. The first text reply was "yes" , which I guess is an answer to a question the husband left earlier. For the perp to still have the phone after several hours and using it makes me feel that the perp is a loner and hasn't committed anything like this previously. Just a hunch..

I'm still hoping that she in fact sent the text and the reference to the drinking was an alert to her husband that something was off (as in her abductor told her to let her husband know she was okay and she figured out a way to let her husband know otherwise). This would mean that hours after she went missing she was still alive...which means there's still hope. The alternative...that the person that took her sent the text...well....

Ive thought that is why the text about drinking too. Her husband would know she didnt do that. Ive also wondered if this could be a case where she is alive and being held against her will. Maybe even some
where close.

RE is a tricky profession because you're literally marketing yourself as an agent - using facts like those on a resume "sold X # of homes...X amount of money.." AND your photo. Most all agents use their photo in all marketing. She's pretty. Meeting someone alone in a vacant house would be horrifying. I'm scared for her. This doesn't feel like it'll end well.

Only positive of the perp (supposedly) texting from her phone is that hopefully pings will guide LE to the area from which they were sent.

Her husband has been cleared, yes? I don't suspect him at all- just know that's often who LE looks to first.

If it really was even actually a couple... :(

A couple requesting to see a home would most likely make someone feel much more at ease.

If they didn't meet at another place (out in front of the agency or a known local business that someone out of town would find easily) and so thus she didn't have whoever she was showing the home to following her, but instead met at the residence directly, if someone then showed up alone, it'd almost be too late.

An agent could be caught off guard expecting a couple and then end up there alone with just a guy (although I guess it could also be a jealous female)

I agree, that's why I said if they'd come forward... we could rule out a few things in that case :(

Realtors takes steps to stay safe
- 6 mins ago

Snipped...
LITTLE ROCK, AR - While investigators do not know why Beverly Carter, a realtor in Little Rock, is missing, for many realtors this case is a reminder that real estate can be a risky business.

...Bryant said the safety started not at the house's front door, but at her car, which she always parks facing an open street in the neighborhood. Her reason for this was if she needed to rush away from a dangerous situation while showing a house.

Read more: http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/kark/38357/l2yP4S__00CRFfpRzB2UhA

this is interesting because the police did go & search another house that she was supposed to show but it makes me wonder - did her husband go to the other house(s) first before finding her car at this one?

If she had other showings it doesnt seem her husband was aware of it.

Very strange. If robbery was a motive then why not take her purse? If rape or murder was the motive then why not do it in the vacant hose and leave her body there like the Lindsay Buziac case in Victoria? It appears there was nothing amiss in the home home or on the grounds so she was taken away unharmed but where and why? It seems like a huge risk to take away an unharmed person in your vehicle to then...where? She didn't have her purse or credit/debit cards with her so not attempting to take her to an ATM to access funds. And her missing at least one other showing well if her agency knew about it then surely she told her husband as well so why would he first go to this house if by 9:00pm she would have been elsewhere at her later showing? Or maybe he did? Very confusing case.

Strangely enough, it is believed that Lindsay Buziak was killed by a couple from out of town. And she was not the listing agent for the property she showed either...

this is interesting because the police did go & search another house that she was supposed to show but it makes me wonder - did her husband go to the other house(s) first before finding her car at this one?

From what I've read- no. He went to the Old River house and found her car/purse there.

I'm wondering also, tho, was someone with Carl at home? I do NOT think he is involved, just curious as to how they've ruled him out.

The two listings are on the same street and it is a dead end.

Her car was found at 14202

The other listing/showing - the house LE also checked out - is at 13407 - 1/2 mile further down, on the other side of the street, not backing onto water.

Driving in you would pass 14202 - where her car was - first.

http://binged.it/ZimXCZ

ETA the listings...
14202: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/14202-Old-River-Dr-Scott-AR-72142/267986_zpid/
13407: http://www.crye-leike.com/13407-old-river-drive/tid-littlerock-mlsnum-10393389 - HER own listing
:rolleyes:

Has anyone figured out what the thing is next to the number 4 evidence marker?
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/sep/26/realtor-goes-show-house-disappears-deputies-say/

photo_icon.png
Beverly Carter's SUV sits outside 14202 Old River Drive in Scott on Friday, Sept. 26, 2014.

If her cell phone was pinged at Baccum, the POI would have had to pass by the Willow Beach Area (I said in an earlier post it has turned into a hangout and get together place for some sketchy people). If it was pinged again on Roosevelt well the POI would have turned back on the interstate left I am assuming to get to Roosevelt and that is a rough rough part of little rock in fact our state fair has fought for years to get it moved from the area, lots of crime the jail is on that street to with hookers and no lie crack heads who will approach you if u stop long enough. When cops did a show in Little Rock one segment was on Roosevelt. Anyone knows little rock knows Roosevelt and what's on it. The same type u will find at willow beach lately. Also if u look on the map it looks far off from where she was in Scott to Baccum and little Rock but it's probably around a 5-7 min drive. Maybe some of the local gas stations and places could look at their security cams to see if anyone fitting the description may have stopped in anytime before or after for gas or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if it was routine of her to leave her purse in her car and if not why would our perp have her leave her purse ? I'm thinking it was routine but I'm sure Co workers could answer that.

Sometimes I would have my laptop, or the hard cover MLS catalog and my briefcase with me and my handbag would stay in the car. It's also very common for the agent to keep the keys out until she has to lock up again.
Like someone else stated, it is not possible to remove a key box itself without the code. Only the owner of the keybox would be able to remove it from the door knob.

Not trying to hog the board here, but the more I think of it the POI obviously not headed out of town or state too fast because if so he/she could have went right towards Memphis or left towards texarkana Dallas etc, but instead Roosevelt rd of all places so whoever it was went into Little Rock and exited off to Roosevelt. There are several pay by the hour if you know what I mean hotels down there. I think there is a Exxon station too on the corner of Roosevelt when u exit left or go right family dollar I know it would be time consuming but who cares I would hit every business up that has cameras up for the footage of the time range! Anyone familiar with the Casey Crowder case several years ago remembers it was the cameras on the Exxon that picked the abductors vehicle up on the highway and that put him in the area when she was taken come to find out he was the one and they found her a couple days later not a good outcome but those cameras gave them the clues to go on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member