GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the texts may have been written earlier but did not get sent until 1:00 because of poor signal
That's what I was indicating... but still partying really? I could think of a better excuse for a 51 year old woman and partying wouldn't be part of the answer. I think that was sent just to throw everything off or someone else has her cell phone. It could have been left on the road.. or still in the house. Her husband didn't arrive for three and half hours.

Thanks GrilledCheesy, I appreciate you and others searching for as yet unreported details which could help make a connection with what happened.

It does seem far fetched to think that someone would kidnap or murder over a grudge or business deal or a pageant, but it happens. I think of the Texas Cheerleader mom back in the '80s and cringe.

A person can be minding their own business, living a normal life and bam, someone latches on and targets you.

My best case scenario at this point is maybe the perp is such a nutcase that he left her someplace alive and got out of town.

I hope the searchers have considered looking for hidden underground spaces. Remember the creep a few years back who dug a room sized hole in the woods, took a girl and tried to keep her there with him? Apparently, you could walk right over it and not know it was there. I think that girl escaped when he fell asleep.

I do know that in some cases, a text will go through when a phone call will not. When we used to stay at a cabin, we couldn't get cell service, but could text back and forth.

This probably won't be a very popular opinion but I have to throw it out there...

WHAT IF... the appointment at 5:30 wasn't to show a house at all, but to meet up with someone she was leaving with?

WHAT IF... saying she had 2 more appointments that evening was a way to give herself plenty of time to get where she was going before anyone suspected a thing?

WHAT IF... leaving her purse in the car was intentional?

WHAT IF... the missing key/lockbox & open door was also intentional?

I'd hate to think it (but at least she'd be alive and safe, so there is that), but it's certainly possible. Isn't it?

Yes, and I've thought of that as well.

Not all of us are completely southern.. I have relatives in PA and in New York. I can tell you that this happening is way too fast for the area though.

Curious, what do you mean by "this?"

Or very dumb to use her phone to text. I don't think he's dumb. To me he seems purposeful, he didn't take her handbag or wallet or any other personal items (that we know of) to make it appear to be a robbery. He wanted her.
I don't think she had those items on her. I feel the perp was so preoccupied with getting her our of the house without attracting any undue attention that he forgot close the door. I bet he noticed it when he started backing out of the driveway but couldn't leave her in the car alone. The return texts still strikes me as amateurish.

I do know that in some cases, a text will go through when a phone call will not. When we used to stay at a cabin, we couldn't get cell service, but could text back and forth.

I live in a rural area and cell reception is pretty poor. Texts can take hours to go through and sometimes they never show up at all.

Did Beverly attend a gym regularly? If so, which one?

Slightly o/t, re: pageants, I'm reminded of a story my friend told me. She was attending her little grand daughter's dance recital. There was a man sitting next to her, so she asked, "which one is your child?" He replied that none of them were, he just liked to come and watch. She found it very, very creepy.

Curious, what do you mean by "this?"
Well, she went missing and her husband was on TV within a day with pictures, the vigil was held next day and the search was in place.. It's way too fast. And someone is already showing pictures of a napkin? Things don't generally happen this fast here. I am not a broker but that house that she showed was going to be a no-show in the first place. The only thing helping that house is her listing for 89,000 which indicates a new home buyer or a first time home buyer. A no cash deal. She wouldn't have showed the two together ( like she did) because it indicates no money from the beginning. The first one one is probably a VA loan and 60 days of paperwork the other is way out of the price range.

That's what I was indicating... but still partying really? I could think of a better excuse for a 51 year old woman and partying wouldn't be part of the answer. I think that was sent just to throw everything off or someone else has her cell phone. It could have been left on the road.. or still in the house. Her husband didn't arrive for three and half hours.

Yes, I think the perp wrote the text about going out drinking. I think he wrote it earlier in the evening as a way to buy time and keep her husband from realizing she was missing, but then the text was delayed and did not go through until 1:00.

another possibility...Beverly may have just wanted to start a new life, so off she went

I'm looking at other cases involving realtors, not necessarily for a specific connection to Beverly, but to see how these crimes transpired, what methods were employed by the perp, how the cases turned out, etc. Here's one:

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-08-26/local/me-31601_1_val-verde

"Harrington has quit her real estate job--at least temporarily--because the memories of the man who posed as a customer in order to abduct her are too painful to bear at the office. Harrington and her family become nervous when she wanders too far from home.

"Home is my comfort zone right now," she said. "I run out and do a few things and then I want to come home."

Here's another one involving a case in India where the motive was ransom:
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/police-rescue-abducted-realtor-within-hours/article6137963.ece

Harrington was abducted at gunpoint June 29 while showing houses to a man later identified by authorities as Timothy Daniel Shue, 39. Two days later, she was found tied up in an Arizona motel room after having been sexually assaulted."

Another one where the motive was ransom:
http://realtormag.realtor.org/daily-news/2011/07/13/police-find-new-lead-in-abducted-agent-case

One involving "rent-strike radicals":
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1291&dat=19700913&id=xx5UAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MY0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=1218,992176

Another one involving robbery:
http://www.ydr.com/ci_20676844/cops-real-estate-agent-robbed

Yes, I think the perp wrote the text about going out drinking. I think he wrote it earlier in the evening as a way to buy time and keep her husband from realizing she was missing, but then the text was delayed and did not go through until 1:00.

That would explain why they came through in rapid succession.

I'm looking at other cases involving realtors, not necessarily for a specific connection to Beverly, but to see how these crimes transpired, what methods were employed by the perp, how the cases turned out, etc. Here's one:

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-08-26/local/me-31601_1_val-verde

"Harrington has quit her real estate job--at least temporarily--because the memories of the man who posed as a customer in order to abduct her are too painful to bear at the office. Harrington and her family become nervous when she wanders too far from home.

"Home is my comfort zone right now," she said. "I run out and do a few things and then I want to come home."

Here's another one involving a case in India where the motive was ransom:
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-tamilnadu/police-rescue-abducted-realtor-within-hours/article6137963.ece

Harrington was abducted at gunpoint June 29 while showing houses to a man later identified by authorities as Timothy Daniel Shue, 39. Two days later, she was found tied up in an Arizona motel room after having been sexually assaulted."

Thank you for sharing. This at least gives hope that she could be found alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots