AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I just wanted to add a piece of the article that I found helpful/interesting. It gives you a little idea of the relationship between JC & Cassie. The text is just Cassie's side of the conversation but I think it is enough to understand what she was thinking.

This is a phone text timeline from Cassie to her mother, Judy.
Saturday, Sept. 13, 9:47 a.m. — Nothin much. I’m fine. Still got a cough though but it’s gettin better.
Saturday, Sept. 13, 6:56 p.m. — Yea
Saturday, Sept. 13, 6:58 p.m. — Love you too
Sunday, Sept. 14, 3:19 p.m. — Tired
Sunday, Sept. 14, 3:22 p.m. — Yea just feel like I haven’t got enough sleep
Sunday, Sept. 14, 6:02 p.m. — Are you home
Sunday, Sept. 14, 6:03 p.m. — Be home in a bit
Sept. 14, 6:03 p.m. “Be home in a bit.”
This is the last text from Cassie to her mother. Now, can you decide what Judy texted to her daughter? Are you running away, were you lured into an Internet trap, are you going to be taken or killed? Are you being beaten, abused, unloved or not cared about at all? No, this is a mother asking her baby girl how she is feeling (Cassie had been to the doctor a few days earlier for a bad cold and was on medication). And this mother must have told her daughter she loved her because Cassie responded, “Love you too.”
The facts are:
• Cassie is still missing.
• There are very few leads to aid in the search for her and the police are following them.
• Cassie texted and talked to her mom often even though she was at the derby with friends.
• A missing persons report was submitted to police the night she went missing.
• Judy loves Cassie very much; and Cassie loves her mother.

I am disturbed about JC saying she is mentally ill/bi polar because Cassie has been moody since she was 13--- totally normal for a teen.

Victim Blaming ???

This is the first time I have seen or heard them vocalize any suspect names. Finally, LE gives us something.

The fact that she is reaching so hard for sympathy in this interview does not sit well with me. Am I the only one getting that vibe?

This is the first time I have seen or heard them vocalize any suspect names. Finally, LE gives us something.

The fact that she is reaching so hard for sympathy in this interview does not sit well with me. Am I the only one getting that vibe?
No you are not.

Something which has been happening in the UK lately is teenage girls from bad or unstable home lives being targeted by adult men. It will start with one person who will convince and groom a girl to believe that they are her boyfriend then the 'boyfriend' will introduce them to his friends who end up grooming the girl, buying her stuff acting like her friends then everything gets sinister. So even though the older man talked about earlier in the thread may have been in custody at the time, it isn't out of the question that other people may have being involved in grooming her.

Saying that, the most obvious answer at this moment is that maybe the people living in her home at the time of her going missing have more information then they are probably letting on.

I find it disturbing that most of the key pieces of the interview aren't on tape for us to see JC use her own words. LE isn't shown either making the comment on mom & BR being suspects? The reporter also says that "no one has been ruled out" in the video, yet it's not in the article.

There's no discussion of how long Cassie was on medication-a dr obviously diagnosed her-what mental illness did they say she had? Yes teens are moody, but teens can also have mental illnesses and have a harder time than others. This may be why Cassie wasn't extremely social like you see on other teens FB pages, why she wasn't still in school, etc This may be JCs way to explain why she let Cassie do the things she did-drop out of school, sleep over at guy friends houses, etc

Or hinting at the walk-"if her mood swings were bad, she'd go for a walk" WHAT happened that day? Was something said to her & she decided to go for a walk? That could point to if it was a planned moment or random.
I had a cousin at Cassie's age that had anxiety so bad she couldn't leave home-over 13mths in the house, refused to leave. This was back before social media, she's sit inside and watch tv all day.

All assumptions here but honestly this could be seen as her "victim blaming" if you read the article and don't try to look any further, but you could also view it as her say "here these are all the pieces I have & I don't know what to do-help me, just find her, I don't care what you know about us or what I have to tell you."

I myself don't think anyone looks innocent and I'd like to hear JC tell us more about BRs relationship with Cassie & what went on that day but for now I'm not writing her off. Her way of getting her frustrates me yes, but she doing something, she's getting Cassie out there again and that is exactly what we need right now.

I really wish y'all could have sat in to the entire interview. It was an hour and a half long if that tells you anything. It was heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. This woman's faith and love dont show well on camera but they do in everything she shows us when talking about Cassie. But like y'all said any and ALL things are possible.

I really wish y'all could have sat in to the entire interview. It was an hour and a half long if that tells you anything. It was heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. This woman's faith and love dont show well on camera but they do in everything she shows us when talking about Cassie. But like y'all said any and ALL things are possible.

Twinmom-I think this part may be the hard part about being here when you know ppl that can be considered suspects. Here on WS, we look at everything, big picture & always consider the victim first. You'll find many of us will think of the victim as own-be it a child, parent, etc. It really isn't meant to be offensive but it is because we have learned over time that in today's world anyone can be a suspect and harm one another. So we fight for our victims no matter who appears as the guilty party, sometimes harder when we feel that a parent is at fault because they're there to protect children & many of is here, like you have babies of our own at home. So just a heads up, it isn't personal, we've all just taken Cassie into our hearts and want her safe and if she's now we want smoke held responsible. :)

We now have three (3) verified insiders on this case:

got4lilgirls
twinmom96
SmallTownMomma

We want to thank these members for coming forward and assisting us with this case. As always, insiders are sometimes limited on what they can and cannot say, so let's respect that and try to help where we can.

Thank you all~

I just wanted to add a piece of the article that I found helpful/interesting. It gives you a little idea of the relationship between JC & Cassie. The text is just Cassie's side of the conversation but I think it is enough to understand what she was thinking.

This is a phone text timeline from Cassie to her mother, Judy.
Saturday, Sept. 13, 9:47 a.m. — Nothin much. I’m fine. Still got a cough though but it’s gettin better.
Saturday, Sept. 13, 6:56 p.m. — Yea
Saturday, Sept. 13, 6:58 p.m. — Love you too
Sunday, Sept. 14, 3:19 p.m. — Tired
Sunday, Sept. 14, 3:22 p.m. — Yea just feel like I haven’t got enough sleep
Sunday, Sept. 14, 6:02 p.m. — Are you home
Sunday, Sept. 14, 6:03 p.m. — Be home in a bit
Sept. 14, 6:03 p.m. “Be home in a bit.”
This is the last text from Cassie to her mother. Now, can you decide what Judy texted to her daughter? Are you running away, were you lured into an Internet trap, are you going to be taken or killed? Are you being beaten, abused, unloved or not cared about at all? No, this is a mother asking her baby girl how she is feeling (Cassie had been to the doctor a few days earlier for a bad cold and was on medication). And this mother must have told her daughter she loved her because Cassie responded, “Love you too.”
The facts are:
• Cassie is still missing.
• There are very few leads to aid in the search for her and the police are following them.
• Cassie texted and talked to her mom often even though she was at the derby with friends.
• A missing persons report was submitted to police the night she went missing.
• Judy loves Cassie very much; and Cassie loves her mother.

I was trying to bring this over yesterday but my browser was being finicky.

So the above to me does not say they talked all the time and were constantly in touch. 3 texts on Saturday? 5 Texts on Sunday? She doesn't seem to talk much, just short responses to questions. Maybe it's just me but that's what my convos look like when I'm trying to blow someone off.

I'm surprised they've already named Judy & Brandon as suspects, they must have a good bit of evidence. I know this was the scenario I was leaning towards, but the more I learn about Cassie the more I wished she was still alive. Now, I'm certain my first instincts were right. :(

Thank you verified locals, for everything you've done and continue to do to help find Cassie.
A local voice is so incredibly important... thank you for being that voice for us.

Twinmom96, do you know if KK has set up the community for further searches and information gathering? If so, are there any gaps that need to be filled in, such as ways to manage tip boxes, locations, etc? TIA if you know.

The article very much seems like it's all about Judy, not about Cassie. Poor Judy, the poor victim who got charged for a crime, poor Judy she was an RSO, poor Judy her daughter is missing, poor Judy had a controlling boyfriend, poor Judy she's been through so much.....

Am I the only getting that impression from that article? I know we aren't seeing the whole interview but does she ever say Cassie's name?

At the being of the video with Judy she has an oblong, narrow wooden box that opens to once side, inside there is a peice of cloth, then Cassie's picture underneath. I have no words...what is this box suppose to represent to her?

http://www.katv.com/story/27331290/cassie-comptons-mother-opens-up-about-past

“A friend gave me this prayer box and I put her picture inside.” Judy said as she started to cry. “I've been through too much in my life that nobody knows about.”

http://www.katv.com/story/27331290/cassie-comptons-mother-opens-up-about-past

I'll keep my opinion to myself for now, maybe someone else has some experience with prayer boxes that they can share.

FWIW, just a heads up, be careful linking to court cases, as there is more than one BR in the general area, with different mid. initials/ages. The one recently linked above references a B & E case 3/23/13 in Helena in Phillips county, different person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member