AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I have not heard of any other searches happening, especially with anyone in the community not with LE. In addition, I have not heard of any searches performed by LE either. This is a small town and if someone saw a group of people searching, especially in uniform or giving the appearance of being official, then I would think that news would get around.

SNIPPED BY ME TO SAVE SPACE

If there were searches that they wanted kept quiet I don't see them wearing uniforms. I know some cases where things like this had been done. Usually a few experienced SAR searchers, possibly a trained K9 depending on the goal, and an LE in plain clothes.

However I can definitely see how in town you'd probably hear about it. I live in a town just over 7k ppl and a lot is known around town. Occasionally something goes unnoticed but things like this definitely don't unless the ones who see them have no idea Cassie is missing & assume searchers have a different agenda or just aren't ones to talk.

I agree, most cases have searches every weekend they can until they bring the MP home. Sometimes multiple places are searched every weekend. Do we still not know if search and rescue dogs or cadaver dogs have been used at any point in this investigation?

I know Klass Kids brought in cadaver dogs and done a private search but not by our local LE

I don't think there was any bad intentions with logging into her FB. They were looking for clues... her talking to someone new, having a recent argument with someone, making any plans, etc. I'm pretty sure the family did this because they felt like LE was not handling things correctly or keeping it at top importance. Like I said, I logged on twice within the same day after they gave me the login information and then I thought about it and realized that LE probably didn't authorize it and I left it alone. However, I did look at recent login activity while I was on there and saw a few. California (FB headquarters?), Washington D.C. (FBI headquarters?), and then another one from around here which I believe was JC or someone for her. These were all logins since she went missing.

I believe if she ran away and went to start over somewhere else then she would open a new email and begin a new FB account. Unfortunately, I don't think she's going to have the opportunity to be mad about someone logging into her FB page.

I know Klass Kids brought in cadaver dogs and done a private search but not by our local LE

That's great. Do you have any idea where they searched? And has JC's house and car been searched? I figured you would know that.

I think if I were the person who signed into the FB account or any other social media account for Cassie, I would fess up to her detective.

I'm pretty sure they know by now, but I'll make sure.

Kids love social media. I cant think of a teenager who would stay off of it. If she is out and about under her own steam, mark my words she is google searching herself. I worked on another case with a missing boy and he was friending people on his FB page the whole time he was missing. He was found pretty quickly after that, kwim? It is a great tool and just one more that has been tainted in this case.

Ok, deep breath. The devil is in the details and I wish some of these folks had reached out for an advocate or leaned on some resources a little bit more.

I just wanted to add to this-I have 2 teen boys. One wants nothing to do with SM. My other only has FB to "like" college coach recruiting pages. But he & his friends LIVE on twitter. Of all the places he & his friends are I think twitter & Instagram are more popular now than FB. However I am always surprised that there are some that hate SM but text all day-I think they're more of the private types. Not that this really applies to this case except maybe to speak to Cassie's comfort level with sharing info?
With that said FB seems to be the only place that Cassie used & I completely agree if she left on her own she'd be tracking ppl & using google. Sad part is look who is posting about her from her contacts...

That's great. Do you have any idea where they searched? And has JC's house and car been searched? I figured you would know that.

JC car was searched and I know LE gathered things from Cassies room

BBM. Interesting thought.
From Soulmagent Does anyone know if you have to file paperwork with a court to remove your name off the SO list? I read the MOMs past article and she mentioned she had her name removed and it sounded like it was a recent thing.

When a person is convicted of being a SO, the judge can set a time limit on how long the convict must register as a SO. When that time limit has expired they are removed. I think this is the case for JC.

I agree about kids and their social media preferences

Now I wonder if there were any outstanding CPS type cases for Cassie?

I am a dog with a bone today-any flyer drops that will include the hunters and the tourists that will be inundating the town? I saw on FB that there will be a door to door-it would be great if the flyer contained a request to check property like structures and fire pits and brush, near by woods, fields etc.

I don't think there was any bad intentions with logging into her FB. They were looking for clues... her talking to someone new, having a recent argument with someone, making any plans, etc. I'm pretty sure the family did this because they felt like LE was not handling things correctly or keeping it at top importance. Like I said, I logged on twice within the same day after they gave me the login information and then I thought about it and realized that LE probably didn't authorize it and I left it alone. However, I did look at recent login activity while I was on there and saw a few. California (FB headquarters?), Washington D.C. (FBI headquarters?), and then another one from around here which I believe was JC or someone for her. These were all logins since she went missing.

I believe if she ran away and went to start over somewhere else then she would open a new email and begin a new FB account. Unfortunately, I don't think she's going to have the opportunity to be mad about someone logging into her FB page.

I don't think she will either, I am in the camp that believes she has passed on. But I am still angry that someone would be in her account and LIKE the page set up for looking for her. I think it is a good thing that the people who logged into the account were looking for clues, but to LIKE the page set up for finding Cassie was not appropriate and again, like we talked about on here the other day, people will see it and think "Oh ok this kid is OK, she is playing a game, she liked the page set up to find her", and their willingness to help will diminish. It was yet another action that was not well thought out.

I do want to share this from experience-there is a missing, likely endangered, child here who seems to have suffered a lot in her short life. She deserves to be found. If she cant speak for herself anymore, she needs people to speak for her who can get her justice if it comes down to it. The more this case heads down a rabbit hole, the more likely you will see diminishing resources assigned to it.

And Cassie deserves better than that.

So, if I can share from experience, best foot forward in the areas that will generate leads that might bring her home. Clear descriptions or photos of her possessions-one thing mentioned to me which hasnt even been on my radar is what did she bring with her if she spent the night/weekend at TS's? Did she have a backpack with a change of clothes? Was it at her house after she returned, and if not could we have a description of that as well?

Ugh. I mean, looking forward to the future the amount of evidence that may be tainted is rising. No one but LE should have touched any of her pages, jmvho. (just my very honest opinion.) It is peculiar in a way-there is no clear picture or description of her phone, boots and shoe size, and yet these things could be incredibly valuable towards locating her. And yet info on pings, state of her remains and now a compromised FB page...idk. I worry for the integrity of the investigation.

BBM. I was just asking about how time and elements affect a body, we were never told that was what definitely happened, just that it was a possibility. There are a lot of possibilities. And, as for the FB page, I was under the impression that they had permission. But from what y'all are saying then I guess that probably was not the case.

Looking back over a few things and something struck me differently this time.

“I called and it rang each time, then I called and it went straight to her voicemail, which is not set up,” she said. (http://m.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141014/News/141019848)

I wonder how many times JC called Cassie's phone & how long after it took to go to VM. If Cassie wasn't alone and the phone rang it could have been shut off to keep JC in the dark, it could have died or she could have shut it off. I also wonder if ping info puts JC at home making these calls?

I also know we have no real way to know what her battery life was even Cassie left home, but cell records can tell when it died by pings. From what I've been told before a cell phone, before it dies basically powers up enough juice to send out one last ping. I wonder if that was seen or they just saw her phone drop off as in it was turned off & never turned back on.

I'm just gonna say this, I've never seen a case where LE would even mention that a victim was possibly dismembered. They must have sufficient evidence pointing to this if they are warning searchers of the possibility.This is incredibly disturbing to me and reminds me of Austin Sigg, he was young. I guess BR is young enough.

They may have had permission, but I think the concern is should they have had it. In most cases we follow LE gains access to the social media of the missing person who is suspected of having met with foul play.

SM is a great place to sift for clues. I think the concern is who's had access to it and what can a defense attorney make of it? Say something of import was found to be on her FB or was found to have been removed from her FB. Since now several people have been give access to that page it could play havok with a future criminal case.

I'm just gonna say this, I've never seen a case where LE would even mention that a victim was possibly dismembered. They must have sufficient evidence pointing to this if they are warning searchers of the possibility.This is incredibly disturbing to me and reminds me of Austin Sigg, he was young. I guess BR is young enough.

I understood it to be the SAR leader not LE that made those statements, question is-why did they make them? Something said by LE or previous experience?

I suspect the dismembered thing is being blown out of proportion. I suspect someone experienced at SARS may have cautioned people very generally about how searchers need to keep their eyes open for all sorts of things and not just expect to find a whole body laying in the middle of an open field.

I would imagine when searching for one who is possibly dead, you would need to widen your expectation of what you are actually looking for. Often bodies are hidden, or no longer whole, either due to human activity or later wildlife predation in the elements. So a searcher needs to be on teh lookout for smaller things, not just a whole body, but a shoe, a foot, a flash of clothing, which could then lead to a body hidden in a culvert among leaves, etc and so forth.

They may have had permission, but I think the concern is should they have had it. In most cases we follow LE gains access to the social media of the missing person who is suspected of having met with foul play.

SM is a great place to sift for clues. I think the concern is whose had access to it and what can a defense attorney make of it? Say something of import was found to be on her FB or was found to have been removed from her FB. Since now several people have been give access to that page it could play havok with a future criminal case.

Not to mention with JC being a suspect & having access. Throw in others having access, you truly don't know who changed what. If there was a trial could you image the issues surrounding that if there was evidence tied to it? Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie