AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassie made front page of the Stuttgart newspaper again:

http://m.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20150102/NEWS/150109953/-1/News
(They keep getting the date wrong, however.)

View attachment 66610
Image courtesy of Stuttgart Daily Leader FB images
https://www.facebook.com/DailyLeade...40365.218590821578996/633834250054649/?type=1

How sad that so little is said for either missing person in their town. Not even mentioning that LE stated BR & JC were suspects. Are we to understand they're aren't any longer?

I really can't understand for the life of me wth is going on in that town. Doesn't anyone care? Seriously other than JCs random occasional post -nobody else connected to Cassie- outside the FB Group-has posted a concern of any sort. Imo JCs posts are more about herself than Cassie. This kid needs a break....

Question. Having gone round and round about so many fluid facts in this case, read this:

Detective Lieutenant Mark Duke of the Stuttgart Police Department said Judy and Brandon are still considered suspects.

http://www.katv.com/story/27331290/cassie-comptons-mother-opens-up-about-past

and answer me this: Suspects of what crime? Suspects in her running away? Because the level of seeming LE attention this case is getting screams brushed off as a runaway. And yet here we have LE saying mom and the fiance are still considered suspects.

Where is this child?

That's why the Stuttgart police seem like buffoons. Is it an investigation, or isn't it? Pick one. And why is FBI involved if it's not an investigation?

This non-committal trend by PDs is really starting to irk me.

At the end of the day, I think they are waiting for BR to get out of jail to see what he will do next.

I thought of this dear young lady all day....

really do hope she can be found...not sure what it is going to take for that to happen though

I got nothing else

Question. Having gone round and round about so many fluid facts in this case, read this:

and answer me this: Suspects of what crime? Suspects in her running away? Because the level of seeming LE attention this case is getting screams brushed off as a runaway. And yet here we have LE saying mom and the fiance are still considered suspects.

Where is this child?

That's why the Stuttgart police seem like buffoons. Is it an investigation, or isn't it? Pick one. And why is FBI involved if it's not an investigation?

This non-committal trend by PDs is really starting to irk me.

At the end of the day, I think they are waiting for BR to get out of jail to see what he will do next.

I'm starting to wonder if it wasn't a scare tactic, looking to see how each would react. After all have we seen much else on it since? Maybe they were expecting one of them to turn on the other? But you'd think you would have heard more in that line of thinking-Did LE ask the public to come forward with any information on the whereabouts of JC or BR that evening or the following few days? Of course-they barely asked for that for Cassie!
If I lived in Stuttgart I think I'd be moving & fast if I couldn't trust my local LE to the extent my kids weren't safe.

I'm starting to wonder if it wasn't a scare tactic, looking to see how each would react. After all have we seen much else on it since? Maybe they were expecting one of them to turn on the other? But you'd think you would have heard more in that line of thinking-Did LE ask the public to come forward with any information on the whereabouts of JC or BR that evening or the following few days? Of course-they barely asked for that for Cassie!
If I lived in Stuttgart I think I'd be moving & fast if I couldn't trust my local LE to the extent my kids weren't safe.

I am with you on this one. It isnt just Cassie's case either. The crime rate in this small town is far higher than the national average...STM indicated that she and her family had been robbed multiple times. There is a reason why this town is unconcerned with crime and I wish someone would just say it in plain English so we could finally understand why there is such disinterest in the disappearances of two vulnerable people. I wouldnt be hanging my hat on BR-that would indicate confidence in the investigation thus far and I have none, fwiw.

JC stated in the most recent media interview that she gave that she formally notified BR that he is unwelcome at the house and she does not want him to contact her. What about Cassie? Is she also part of that no contact request? What happened to BR's belongings and where did JC send that letter?

Maybe one of us can send SDL the police report showing that she was reported missing on 9/15/14. Unless they know something we dont know...like that 9/13 was actually the last siting of Cassie. *shrug*

Here's the thing..... JC heard noise that sounded like Cassie came home. When JC addressed her, Cassie did not respond. The only indication JC has that Cassie actually came home is that her purse and bag are home.

There's something hinky going on between HS and BR. Cassie's stuff came home, and then the charade began.

Naming JC as a suspect is part of LE tactic to let other's feel comfortable. Stuttgart citizens should be very afraid. That is a very corrupt LE you have up there. I'm pretty sure the newspaper people know to keep their pie-holes shut when told to.

JC stated in the most recent media interview that she gave that she formally notified BR that he is unwelcome at the house and she does not want him to contact her. What about Cassie? Is she also part of that no contact request? What happened to BR's belongings and where did JC send that letter?

I would like to know -why she sent it? What caused it at that time? Of course we also beat this one to death as well already.

Maybe one of us can send SDL the police report showing that she was reported missing on 9/15/14. Unless they know something we dont know...like that 9/13 was actually the last siting of Cassie. *shrug*

They already have that-tweeted them & a few of their reporters a copy back when we first got the copy.

No, I think she really wants Cassie home. I don't think JC has ever said she didn't want Cassie home.

In earlier conversations, it was noted that JC left town for a day or two while BR packed his crap and moved out. He was then picked up by police for trespassing, etc.

I'm sure the letter was JCs way of giving herself closure, and also to make sure BR knew she was in control of the ending. I would have done that too.

No, I think she really wants Cassie home. I don't think JC has ever said she didn't want Cassie home.

In earlier conversations, it was noted that JC left town for a day or two while BR packed his crap and moved out. He was then picked up by police for trespassing, etc.

I'm sure the letter was JCs way of giving herself closure, and also to make sure BR knew she was in control of the ending. I would have done that too.

I just don't see why a letter was necessary. Much less one done by her lawyer like it was a cease & desist. JC doesn't utilize a lawyer for her interviews, seek advice for how she appears to the public-why does she need a lawyer for the letter? Just seems odd to me. If I were here & felt I needed a lawyer to make sure the letter was done in a way to protect myself, I would have sent it to the media to out on record to take myself out of that "suspect" pool rather than mention the letter at all and make people wonder why she feels the need to separate herself so desperately. The entire incident only made me more suspicious of her IMO.

The use of a lawyer for the letter was interesting. As you point out, one was not used in relation to finding Cassie and interviews etc relating to her case. But was for this letter. Unless the need to have a lawyer involved relates to previous charges against mom and her recent removal from the RSO and for some reason BR was a threat to that situation from the past somehow.

She doesn't ever want to see him again. Ever. She made that clear in writing, and by sending someone else to deliver it. She didn't even want to hear one word from his dirty mouth. Just tell him to F off in her own way, and walk on.

I give JC respect for it. I would have done the same thing. We don't know what was in the letter, but she's a christian woman so it probably didn't contain any of the words I would have used. In fact, my letter would only have six words... F off and die! Love, me. hahaha

I agree, the letter was a big "F" you in writing that she could control uninterrupted by input from him and I applaud that. But a lawyer assisting? That part of things confuses me to no end.

Who else would she have sent the letter with, that she trusted not to read it, share it, hold on to it? He (the lawyer) probably did it, too, to help sever JCs ties with BR to disassociate her from him. He acted in her best interest. She has a lot to lose if this guy (BR) ends up being a pedo/murderer. I don't know JC, but I would have done it exactly the same way. It seems perfectly logical to me.

Who else would she have sent the letter with, that she trusted not to read it, share it, hold on to it? He (the lawyer) probably did it, too, to help sever JCs ties with BR to disassociate her from him. He acted in her best interest. She has a lot to lose if this guy (BR) ends up being a pedo/murderer. I don't know JC, but I would have done it exactly the same way. It seems perfectly logical to me.

The BBM is kind of my point. I guess what I am dancing round is does her use of an attorney in this specific situation give a clue as to her thinking about Cassie's absence, KWIM :(

I realize that LE has clearly stated at one point that JC and BR are still considered suspects. But I am not convinced that JC has done anything wrong aside from possibly using poor judgment in hooking up with BR depending on if he is tied to Cassie's absence. And yet I am very confused by the way the entire situation has been handled, by JC, by the town in general and by LE specifically. I know, clear as mud. Don't mind me, just puzzling stuff out over here.

I feel like the letter through the attorney was to show she really meant it. Not that her letter couldn't have done the same but she clearly wants him out of the picture and away from her now and to know she was serious about it. I just wish she hadn't allowed him around in the first place.
JMO

When I was getting divorced, my attorney advised me to cut off all communications with my ex-to-be, and if he (ex) tried to communicate with me, refer him to my lawyer. In other words no communication between us directly. Of course that was because I wanted no further contact with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member