ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. I don't even think she knew about it.

Right. Gary IMO did not list himself as the beneficiary as that requires a letter from her to AMEX. It is just a convenient question for authorities to raise suspicion about. They needed to buy time. It takes a couple of minutes to see who is the beneficiary. The fact they have not told us it was Gary is because it is not the case.

MOO.

Okey, Dokey then, here is the article I saved concerning the flight change due to weather conditions:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/robyn-gardner-photo-vanished-aruba/story?id=14361836&page=2

Three days after the search for Gardner began, Giordano got within feet of leaving the country before he was stopped at Aruba's airport where he told U.S. Customs he had to change flights because of weather, and told officials that his travel companion was "taking another flight." When arrested, authorities say Giordano was drenched in sweat.

Okey, Dokey then, here is the article I saved concerning the flight change due to weather conditions:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/robyn-gardner-photo-vanished-aruba/story?id=14361836&page=2

Three days after the search for Gardner began, Giordano got within feet of leaving the country before he was stopped at Aruba's airport where he told U.S. Customs he had to change flights because of weather, and told officials that his travel companion was "taking another flight." When arrested, authorities say Giordano was drenched in sweat.

Ok, now I'm thinking about it. There is an unusual amount of security you must go thru at Regina Beatrix. I'm wondering which US customs area he was stopped at.

Was it the initial area upon entering the Airport? I believe they are US, Dushi, please correct me if I am wrong.

There is another set of Customs just before you pick up your checked bags.

If he was stopped at check point 1. He may have been sweating because he literally just waked in from outside in the 85degree weather.

Some intriguing points in this article:

Those who saw the couple at the restaurant tell ABC News they were clearly in a romantic relationship, with Gardner reportedly telling the server, at one point, she was waiting for her "husband" to order.

The server at the restaurant said Giordano "inexplicably" jumped up after the couple sat down and introduced himself, saying, "My name is Gary and this is Robyn and we're from Maryland." The server found Giordano's behavior odd and reported it to authorities.

Some intriguing points in this article:

Those who saw the couple at the restaurant tell ABC News they were clearly in a romantic relationship, with Gardner reportedly telling the server, at one point, she was waiting for her "husband" to order.

The server at the restaurant said Giordano "inexplicably" jumped up after the couple sat down and introduced himself, saying, "My name is Gary and this is Robyn and we're from Maryland." The server found Giordano's behavior odd and reported it to authorities.

Yes, I think that has been pointed out before by one of our sleuths here, but bears repeating, so thank you.

Can you imagine some guy jumping up out of his chair at a restaurant, saying Hi, my name is Gary and this is Robyn! That seems almost theatrical, or in a comedy sketch to me.

The sleuth who mentioned it said that GVG used it to make a point that they were indeed at the restaurant, as a cover, or to notate that they were at that restaurant at that time and place. That is, to place them there right before their "snokeling adventure".
Not buying it.

It's possible. It's now said she knew him for not a year but 3-4 by her gf. That's quite a long time, if true.

Well according the linked article below, Robyn and her ex-husband separated in 2007, which would make it 4 years. The picture from Cancun that was posted recently was from a trip with her ex-husband and friends and it was obvious she had no plastic surgery or arm tattoos at that time.

So what happened 4 years ago that made this seemingly well off "housewife" separate from her husband of 9 years, have augmentation surgery, get multiple tattoos and hair extentions, start looking for work in reality tv and modelling? Could GG have been influencing her back then?

http://celebritydaily.net/scandals/kenneth-gardner-is-robyn-colson-gardners-ex-husband/

Well according the linked article below, Robyn and her ex-husband separated in 2007, which would make it 4 years. The picture from Cancun that was posted recently was from a trip with her ex-husband and friends and it was obvious she had no plastic surgery or arm tattoos at that time.

So what happened 4 years ago that made this seemingly well off "housewife" separate from her husband of 9 years, have augmentation surgery, get multiple tattoos and hair extentions, start looking for work in reality tv and modelling? Could GG have been influencing her back then?

http://celebritydaily.net/scandals/kenneth-gardner-is-robyn-colson-gardners-ex-husband/

One clue is that it was the husband who filed for the divorce in 2009.

Gardner vs. Gardner

http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaronline.com/files/Robyn-Gardner-Divorce-Docs.pdf

His company website:

http://www.gardnerbuildinggroup.com/

Found no evidence that he remarried. Prior to their separation, the couple lived in luxury suburban Washington, D.C. According to Radar, their home had two mortgages, however, and Mr Gardner lost his job with a construction company.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...exts-missing-Aruba-tourist.html#ixzz1VuGenLid

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...il.jis?caseId=10C09000929&loc=67&detailLoc=CC

A Gaithersburg man being held in Aruba in connection with the disappearance of his traveling companion had been having financial difficulties in the months before he vacationed on the Caribbean island, according to court documents.

Gary Giordano, 50, had asked a judge in January to lower his child support payments, citing recent financial distress, and had filed and later dropped an $11.5 million lawsuit against a company based on what the company contended were forged documents.

Court records also indicate Mr. Giordano, who runs the temporary staffing business Leverage LLC out of his home, filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit on behalf of his company in January 2010 against another staffing company, claiming he was owed money for placing an employee at federal home mortgage lender Freddie Mac in 2007.

But the defendant company in the case contended that Mr. Giordano forged a signature to fraudulently produce the contract that he later sued the company over.

An executive with the defendant company said in court papers that Mr. Giordano’s girlfriend at the time — who was also a friend of the executive’s wife — had told him that “Gary asked her if she could get a copy of my signature.”

Thomas Murphy, the lawyer who represented the Virginia staffing company that Mr. Giordano sued, said he was shocked at the audacity of the lawsuit.

“I’ve been a lawyer for 37 years, and I’ve never seen anyone who had the gall to create, prepare and forge such a document,” he said. “This guy is living large in a big house and has a big mortgage and a nice car, but claims in filings that he is basically broke.”

The case proceeded to trial this year, but Mr. Giordano dropped it March 24, according to court records. It was the same day the woman involved in the case was scheduled to testify, Mr. Murphy said.

By that time, she and Mr. Giordano had split and she had filed a protective order against him in February 2010 charging that he videotaped them having sex and posted the images on the Internet, according to court records.

A motion filed on behalf of Leverage that had tried to prevent the woman from testifying as a witness in the case was denied.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...es/?page=2&utm_medium=RSS&utm_source=RSS_Feed

So now there is evidence of recent financial distress for Giordano and a recent past incident of alleged forging of a document.

Could it be that GG did try to get himself a 1.5 million dollar insurance payout? I will tell you one thing for sure, you have to pay a significant amount extra (a few hundred bucks) to upgrade that AMEX policy to 1.5 from a quarter million, which is the basic plan. Why did he pay that extra money when he is fighting in court to get his $600 monthy child support payments lowered? It would seem Mr. Giordano would be thrifty in setting up such a plan, it's not like he had money to burn.

If it turns out that Gary is listed as the beneficiary and that "Robyn" had sent a letter to AMEX stating such, this will be an easy conviction. That document will just need an expert to expose as a forgery, and this case is done. GUILTY.

MOO.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...es/?page=2&utm_medium=RSS&utm_source=RSS_Feed

So now there is evidence of recent financial distress for Giordano and a recent past incident of alleged forging of a document.

Could it be that GG did try to get himself a 1.5 million dollar insurance payout? I will tell you one thing for sure, you have to pay a significant amount extra (a few hundred bucks) to upgrade that AMEX policy to 1.5 from a quarter million, which is the basic plan. Why did he pay that extra money when he is fighting in court to get his $600 monthy child support payments lowered? It would seem Mr. Giordano would be thrifty in setting up such a plan, it's not like he had money to burn.

If it turns out that Gary is listed as the beneficiary and that "Robyn" had sent a letter to AMEX stating such, this will be an easy conviction. That document will just need an expert to expose as a forgery, and this case is done. GUILTY.

MOO.

Wow. Yes, apparently forgery isn't anything new to this guy.

I will tell you one thing for sure, you have to pay a significant amount extra (a few hundred bucks) to upgrade that AMEX policy to 1.5 from a quarter million, which is the basic plan.
MOO.

As I said in the other thread, a reasonably good investment.

I believe if she is missing for over over a year(as I was reading in the policy - "52 weeks"), it will be presumed she suffered an "accidental death".

The following are just a couple of the exlusions:
/////////
Being under the influence of any drug, unless
taken as prescribed or administered on the advice
of a Physician;
g. Consumption of alcohol at or in excess of the
legal blood alcohol level in the state or locality in
which the Accident occurred;

/////////
They cannot prove the blood alcohol level without a body.

But he also can't collect on the policy without a body, or without her being declared "legally dead". I don't know that he has the authority (not an immediate family member) to request it.

I don't understand why he would get an insurance payout from her death anyway though. What justifiably are his losses due to her death? He's not a spouse or even a domestic partner, he doesn't need her income, there are no kids, no business partnerships, and he loses nothing. Maybe he gets his money back for the trip, at most.

Am I completely stupid or can someone explain to me why an insurance company would ever give him a payout in the event of her death?

But he also can't collect on the policy without a body, or without her being declared "legally dead". I don't know that he has the authority (not an immediate family member) to request it.

I don't understand why he would get an insurance payout from her death anyway though. What justifiably are his losses due to her death? He's not a spouse or even a domestic partner, he doesn't need her income, there are no kids, no business partnerships, and he loses nothing. Maybe he gets his money back for the trip, at most.

Am I completely stupid or can someone explain to me why an insurance company would ever give him a payout in the event of her death?

It's hard to imagine why someone would feel the need to get a policy up to 1.5 million. I must be a fool or ignorant because I've never purchased travelers insurance. I certainly don't understand how anything out of the ordinary could possibly cost that much, except if you expect it's possible for loss of life. Of course, I wouldn't be taking such a dangerous vacation likely anyway(much less any vacation any time soon). Maybe if the airplane crashes or your cruise ship sinks?

You are right though.. it is insane that a friend could cash in. There is no suitable reason in my mind why he should. It's not like they are married or he's dependent on her, yet I guess it's possible to make such an arrangement.

Has anyone notice that when ever the bf the guy thats still in town or her ex i don't know what to call him anymore but the guy that says he is her bf .you ever notice how when he is on tv and the best friend of robyns is also on that when he sometimes says things she will roll her eyes and give a little smirk..

You are right though.. it is insane that a friend could cash in. There is no suitable reason in my mind why he should. It's not like they are married or he's dependent on her, yet I guess it's possible to make such an arrangement.

I always thought the point of insurance was that the beneficiary is financially dependent on the person who died, and that insurance co's calculate the amount of life insurance coverage based on that person's "value" to the beneficiary, so that spouses and children aren't left with nothing. (My dad's an actuary and does all of these calculations, although I really have no idea how). I would think this would be a huge factor for the insurance co. issuing the insurance - they don't want the beneficiary to have to cash in ever - they would never make any money this way. And I would HOPE they would be immediately suspicious of a "friend" trying to take out a policy on someone with whom he shares no dependents or assets. Wouldn't that be the first thing you'd look at before approving such a policy? I know we're talking travelers insurance vs. life insurance but it's still the same considerations. There's gotta be more to this insurance story - maybe he produced a fake marriage certificate to show a spousal relationship or something? because otherwise I just don't get it!

What are the laws for getting married in Aruba?
Just wondering if that was part of the plan, at least on his part.

It's hard to imagine why someone would feel the need to get a policy up to 1.5 million. I must be a fool or ignorant because I've never purchased travelers insurance. I certainly don't understand how anything out of the ordinary could possibly cost that much, except if you expect it's possible for loss of life. Of course, I wouldn't be taking such a dangerous vacation likely anyway(much less any vacation any time soon). Maybe if the airplane crashes or your cruise ship sinks?

It is Death and Disabilty Insurance. People get it primarily to protect themselves in case of an accident that prevents them from working. It is critical if you are going overseas because any damages you might be able to claim for negligence resulting in your injury would be pitiful by American standards in most countries.

MOO.

I do not think Robyn signed anything. If a letter was sent I don't think she sent it. If his business was operated out of his home, imagine just what the FBI is filtering through right now. If he typed the letter, it would be on his home computer. I really wish they would start releasing just what they are finding because I think what the FBI is looking for is going to be key in this case.

What are the laws for getting married in Aruba?
Just wondering if that was part of the plan, at least on his part.

What has had me curious is why would she tell the waiter she was waiting for her "husband" to order. They were both unmarried and had nothing to hide. Perhaps it was a weekend of "role playing". I can't imagine anyone saying that. Why didn't she say I'm waiting for my boyfriend to order. Why was it "husband"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mykand