Australia - Luke Batty, 11, killed by dad at Tyabb sports oval, 12 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She seems like a completely amazing woman. I am sure Luke was an absolutely wonderful kid being brought up by such a person. The descriptions of him make him sound like a boy with a lovely nature. RIP gorgeous young man.

From the article I just read, I don't think anyone stood a chance of stopping him. The poor boy was down from the first assault and he planned it, he separated him and he was prepared for what he was going to do. This wasn't a rage turned murder, I don't think he started shouting and threatening, he just just did it from the reports.

As much as I would protect any child if I could, and have flown into the dark street when I heard screams despite being short and fat and unfit - my kids need a mother and I cannot subdue a madman coming at me with a knife. If the police couldn't get him with capscium foam and had to shoot, the people there couldn't do anything without potentially dying either. And I think poor Luke was murdered very quickly. As callous as filming may seem, it is the perhaps the only safe and useful thing to do once the authorities have been called. If he had survived that would be evidence for the courts.

I am so upset by this. I wish there was a way to protect people from the madness amongst us.

Absolutely agree ozazure. The thing I have a problem with is if the reports are true that they wanted money for the footage. Unbelievable.

I got the feeling hearing Luke's mother talk that she didn't want to darken the memory of his father? She said he loved his son more than anyone else. Seemed like she was putting it down to mental illness or something out of his control. I wonder if this is just part of her coping mechanism given it's so fresh and raw, or if she really does want to protect the father? Either way, I see this as a sign of true strength and a good heart - she clearly did see good in his father, and doesn't want to tarnish the relationship that they did have. Heartbreaking to hear her have to talk this way about her son's murderer, who was also his own father.

What a darling little boy Luke was - he loved to create funny short videos - cheeky and sweet. I can't imagine how everyone that loved him is going to move forward from this.

I can't remember if I read it, or saw it on The Project, but it is very likely that the first hit was fatal. It would be a blessing if that is true.

I can't get poor Rosie out of my mind tonight. Her recount of it had me wiping away tears. I can't believe her strength and grace.

I agree Strangeworld. She was very, very respectful and gracious towards Luke's dad. Unbelievably so. I too wondered if it was a coping mechanism. No doubt she will experience anger when she goes through the stages of grief. The poor woman.

It insinuates that the first blow was fatal in the article that Amee posted above.

Known for his violent temper and vindictive nature, according to police, he was seen on Wednesday night bowling balls to Luke as junior practice was winding down and the rest of the group were packing up.
Witnesses told police the father then struck his son to the head with a bat. It is believed that was the fatal blow.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...is-problems-20140213-32juf.html#ixzz2tBkGRyh6

I hope it was really quick, and that Luke didn't even realise what happened.

@Jesse_Hogan : Aus team wearing black armbands to honour Luke Batty, 11yo tragically killed by his mentally ill father at cricket training in Melb on Wed. 4 minutes ago

Its been so hot here.

Not saying its an excuse, but the heat makes some people go crazy. Add in alcohol and some other factors, like domestic violence or mental illness, and you've got a powder keg just waiting to blow.

RIP Luke he cant hurt you or anyone else, anymore. xxxx

SapphireSteel, I tend to agree that things like the weather can set off someone with an underlying mental illness. I used to live in tropical parts of Australia and we experienced 'the build-up' which was extreme heat and humidity, might come over like rain, but doesn't. It is the build up before the wet season. I worked in child abuse and I can say without a doubt that during this time each year we had an increase in work. Even 'normal' people would go troppo. Everyone got cranky and argumentative and did things out of character. I once found my neighbours at night on their lawn in bathers, with beach balls and sunscreen on their noses. We lived 350 km from the beach! For those with mental illness, this type of weather day after day really can send you over the edge.

In no way do I think this is reason to murder, just saying... Mental health is vastly underfunded and little understood.

Lifeline 13 11 14.

Omg how horrific and sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marly, could we add Luke's name to the thread title please.

Thanks! :seeya:

New Information on Greg Anderson. Should have been in gaol at time of the murder. Warrant out for his arrest on child *advertiser censored* charges as well as attacking his wife with threats to kill.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...ill-lukes-mother/story-fnii5sms-1226826516956

Absolute disgusting monster that father!

Law's NEED TO CHANGE for what really is in a child's best interest and SAFETY!
They need to take Domestic and Family violence way more serious!!!!!! Those monsters need to be monitored (just like paedophiles need to be monitored).
Preferably they need to be behind bars in time already before committing the deadly or damaging crime!

New Information on Greg Anderson. Should have been in gaol at time of the murder. Warrant out for his arrest on child *advertiser censored* charges as well as attacking his wife with threats to kill.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...ill-lukes-mother/story-fnii5sms-1226826516956

It sounds to me as if this guy was a powder keg just simmering away.

- Refused to go to a doctor to be diagnosed, and given medical assistance
- Custody battle for the last couple of years
- Has physically attacked Luke’s mum
- Fairly recently got kicked out of a share house due to threatening to kill someone there
- Spent time at the library entertaining himself with kiddie *advertiser censored* :mad:
- Didn't see Luke for 5 weeks over Xmas while Luke was away in the UK (not that we know how often he saw Luke anyway)
- Lived in his car for the last 3 weeks, in these unreal high temperatures that southern Australia has been having all summer (it is no fun being on the roads in these temps ... most everyone has a short fuse ... and where did he get away from the heat?)

It is really unfortunate that police couldn’t track him down in his itinerancy to arrest him on warrants earlier. Maybe his mental condition would have been spotted then, and they could have held him for evaluation and risk assessment.

He should have been in jail.

My heart breaks for R. Such grace when talking about him and wanting L to have a relationship with his dad.

Child *advertiser censored*??! He shouldn't of been allowed near a bunch of kids at a field to begin with that night! Makes me sick. His history of violence towards Rosie should of been enough for him not to have been around his son at all. Sorry he had mental health problems and all but he was refusing help for it.
Im so sick of hearing "should of already been locked up" or "previous history of violence". How many chances do these people get in this country? Why does it have to take someone actually being murdered before action is taken?

Child *advertiser censored*??! He shouldn't of been allowed near a bunch of kids at a field to begin with that night! Makes me sick. His history of violence towards Rosie should of been enough for him not to have been around his son at all. Sorry he had mental health problems and all but he was refusing help for it.

Im so sick of hearing "should of already been locked up" or "previous history of violence". How many chances do these people get in this country? Why does it have to take someone actually being murdered before action is taken?

This is true, but as Rosie said, it was a public place and the only time he had access was there, anyone would think that he'd be safe! She thought she was the one in danger and not Luke, she had no reason to think that he'd hurt his son. I also think it's admirable that she still allowed Luke to see his Dad, she didn't have to, but she did it for Luke! As she said, if she did t ever let him see him, then he'd grow up with other issues!
But there's no doubt that it's a reminder to all that if there is violence towards one family member, then ALL family members are potentially at risk!

The *advertiser censored* is a concern... Using a public computer at a library is so odd though? Was he really a pedo or was that some really strange way to cry for help?
And yes, why be near kids if he was really into kiddie *advertiser censored*? That's so puzzling!!

Rosie did mention in an article that Greg was always really good with kids. I wonder if this related to his child *advertiser censored* for a long time but no one knew his secret. JMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artem1
Back